Why aren’t i losing weight!?

Options
hi

hoping someone can give me a light bulb moment,
six months ago i went from an office job to working part time with horses, i wear a fitbit and average 8 miles a day, it’s a very active day which as well as being on my feel involved lifting, bending carrying etc.

i log what i eat on my fitness pal and stay within the same calorie limit as i did before all the exercise probably 4 or 5 out of 7 days. the other days i may go a little over or have a take away, however whilst counting i don’t take off any exercise calories.

so if i’m not taking off calories and being this active why am i not losing weight?

i eat healthy, drink lots of water.

i’m 5ft 8 and weigh 17 stone 11, with my build i look about 14/15 stone, it’s becoming upsetting because i want to lose weight to get back in to riding.

in the past iv lost over two stone by counting calories, slimming world, clean eating so i know how to lose weight but at the moment something isn’t happening and it’s harder than ever even though i expected with being so active it would get a lot easier,

help!!!!! Xxxx

Replies

• bulldozer1984
    bulldozer1984 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is quite simple at the end of the day. You need to look at your total calorie intake, as well as your macros. Give me a weeks worth of those figures and I will tell you where you are going wrong.
  • Li5a87MFP
    Li5a87MFP Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    g8n9g0xruj0k.png
    5spaq244q11b.png
    cxykzpdjmmcb.png
    3c057izryl2u.png
    jxjpa4945l6e.png
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options
    these are typical weeks, a few days a week i go over, mostly i stay under so average for the week isn’t that much over goal, but this does not take off any calories i’m burning at work x
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options
    When I went horseback riding last month, I logged twice as many steps as I do on an average day.
    Make sure you're not counting mistakenly tracked steps while you are riding!

i’m not riding until iv lost more weight, the steps are just steps, i’m on my feet walking for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week xx
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat?
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options
    It is quite simple at the end of the day. You need to look at your total calorie intake, as well as your macros. Give me a weeks worth of those figures and I will tell you where you are going wrong.

see above, thank you x

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Maybe fresh eyes will spot something.

Are you using a food scale? Have you verified the entries you are using in the database are accurate?
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options
    but if i’m going over my net calories a few hundred a week but not taking off five hours of exercise, 5 days a week surely something’s wrong?
    iv lost weight before so i know how calorie deficits work i’m just wondering am i affecting weight loss or water retention or something by eating more calories at weekends or something like that?
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options

my macros are 20% protein, 30 % fat and 50 % carbs most days.
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Li5a87MFP wrote: »

see above, thank you x

we can look all day but we dont know how accurate any of your info is. We do however know the basic mathematical principle of CICO. If your not losing and you think your undereating, Your wrong. Its VERY easy to eat more then you think and burn less then you think. Especially since your admitting you dont eat your calorie deficit limit multiple days a week

edit: horse riding 100% adds alot of steps to fitbits, Even my truck at work adds thousands easily

i go over my deficit 2/3 days a week but stay well under it the other days so only ever go around 200-400 over my weekly average and that isn’t taking off five hours of exercise. i don’t ride so the steps are just steps x
  • Li5a87MFP
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would you be willing to temporarily make your diary public? Maybe fresh eyes will spot something.

Are you using a food scale? Have you verified the entries you are using in the database are accurate?

yes will make it public now x
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Li5a87MFP wrote: »
    but if i’m going over my net calories a few hundred a week but not taking off five hours of exercise, 5 days a week surely something’s wrong?
    iv lost weight before so i know how calorie deficits work i’m just wondering am i affecting weight loss or water retention or something by eating more calories at weekends or something like that?

What is your exercise and about how much is the calorie burn? What is your activity level in MFP?

There is something in the numbers that are effecting this, we just need to find if its in your activity level, your calories logged or exercise or a combination.