JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday RECAP
    1. Stop eating when you are full - Ate just wrap, skipped shake, was far less bloated. Overate a tiny bit with dinner? Eat slowly and be thankful!
    2. Log all food - Yep, including my extra portion of rav's. But I did improve my sodium numbers, and kept calories in the green!
    3. Be kind to yourself - New clothes came in, tried them on and felt beautiful! meditated for 25 minutes.
    4. Meds AM and PM - Yes. Also adjusted melatonin mg's down to < 3 after doing some research, slept and woke better.
    5. Finish 1082 Drawings - Yes.

JFT - Friday 4/20/18
    1. Stop eating when you are full
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind to yourself
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Finish 1082 Sheet
    6. Get up and move once per hour
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Recap R 4/19 ~ Skipped treadmill before work = rest day. Instead, prepped grapes, raisins & dog food, as suggested by Wildlife Sanctuary animal curator, for poor robins struggling to find food covered by snow. :smiley:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,736 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 29 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories green (it's been a while :# ) / monitor usual = Net calories -500, sugar -2 (yay), sodium -65 (yay), fiber & protein excellent & 14c water. Not wonderful, but that's more like it! :p
    3) Evening: refill birdfeeders :smiley: / choir :smiley: / remember to get eggrolls from church freezer (couldn't pick up order at fundraiser during weekend blizzard) :smiley: / grocery shop :smiley: / wash dishes :/ since it was 9 p.m. when groceries were all put away, no
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: forced myself / retainers :smiley: as long as I flossed... / bed & TV off 10:15 :s not even close (treadmill F a.m.)

JFT F 4/20 ~ Day is sunny & temps may reach 50F ~ snow is melting fast ~ yay! B)
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Walk dog after work
    3) Make WW shepherd's pie for supper / net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Evening: laundry / wash dishes / bake power muffins (hubby already ate up last batch!)
    5) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 11:00
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    karenleona wrote: »
    No idea what happened to the rest of my post.
    In cyberspace I guess

I was having this problem and @OConnell5483 told me that you can't use emoji's on phones or tablets. It deletes everything after the emoji. I haven't had that problem since I stopped using them.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT< Wed

How do you guys stay so motivated! I do really good for a few days, then just get hungry - and end up grazing, trying to find that food that will satisfy me. Last nite was one of those nites. I drank a ton of water (which meant getting up all nite, so I am tired today).

I was struggling with the same thing, I found that if I keep to the snack I enjoy the most in the evenings it tends to satisfy me 95% of the time. I leave enough calories each day to fit in an evening snack because I know I'll want it. It's a battle some days though.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Thursday April 19
    2l of water - :)
    Stay in Green - :(
    Have a safe trip - :)
    Figure out how to not eat junk on my 6 hours of driving. - :/

JFT - Friday April 20
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Contact Potential Client
    Work on Manual
    Try to leave work early after long day yesterday

I didn't do as bad as I could have yesterday, I was taken out for lunch which was a surprise I hadn't counted on and was hungry around suppertime. The highway only had gas store/convenience stores and a Burger King. I avoided all of the chips I truly wanted and had a burger and mozza sticks, still not the healthiest but I knew they would fill me and I wouldn't want to eat when I got home too. So I'm calling it an achievement.

I'm being pressured by my VP and owner to sell business. I had told them in every meeting I had before accepting the position that I am not a salesperson and not comfortable in this role, they told me they would get the business and I would manage it. That was my agreement, now they are changing the rules. I'm not sure I like that.

This is going to be a busy weekend but I'm looking forward to it. Tonight after work I am delivering the envelopes and getting my nails done. Tomorrow is my first swimming lesson! I am praying that I can overcome my fear and really embrace this. I want to be able to trust myself to take my grandchildren swimming someday. Right after swimming I am going to an Antique Show with my youngest and some of her bridesmaids. That will be 4 hours of walking. Tomorrow night I may try to convince hubby we should go out for supper. Sunday I have to clean, do laundry and I am babysitting the grands for the first of many Sunday's to come. They always visit me on Sunday the only difference will be their Mama isn't there to visit with me and change the dirty diapers LOL

Have a great day everyone!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    April goals
    Under 163
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well. X2
    Studio twice+ /week
    Work on pink/blue quilt to be completed and on my bed! So close! :)
    A couple other small projects.
    Declutter entry further. It’s not actually an entry, per se. It’s a multipurpose room that we enter the house through. Laundry, storage, recycling, coats and shoes, etc. I want it less junky and I want less stuff in my space at any rate so I need to put more effort into this. 7 boxes so far
    Accountability

Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far this year:
    Apr 18 167.0 anomaly? Pizza celebration at work? I guess we'll see next week.
    Apr 11 165.4
    Apr 4 167.7
    Mar 7 168.4
    Feb 7 171.6
    Jan 3: 176.0
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 "Tomorrow is my first swimming lesson! I am praying that I can overcome my fear and really embrace this. I want to be able to trust myself to take my grandchildren swimming someday"
    Good for you! I had a near drowning incident when I was 13 and then at 18 two of my uncles died in the same accident from drowning. Ever since water makes me nervous but when I had little ones I decided I couldn't insist on lessons for them if I didn't know how to swim so I signed myself up. Just take it slow and let the instructor know why you're nervous so they can help. <3 The first couple of dips may be difficult. I found it much easier if I faced the edge of the pool rather than the middle and didn't look out at the large expanse of water.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 good luck with your swimming lesson tomorrow!
    What exactly about the water do you fear? Definitely tell your instructor and they will help you ease into it!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    What exactly about the water do you fear? Definitely tell your instructor and they will help you ease into it!

Thanks, I was held under when I was 7-8 by a couple of boys that thought it was funny. It was in the deep end. Ever since then, if I can't stand up and get air I won't go in. I can make it back and forth across the shallow end, but if I start to panic I stand up. I am hoping that I can be confident enough to go in a deep end at the end of all this. I want to go to the waterpark in the Mall here with the grandkids and feel safe going on a slide and take them swimming without panicking if they get too far from me.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 "Tomorrow is my first swimming lesson! I am praying that I can overcome my fear and really embrace this. I want to be able to trust myself to take my grandchildren swimming someday"
    Good for you! I had a near drowning incident when I was 13 and then at 18 two of my uncles died in the same accident from drowning. Ever since water makes me nervous but when I had little ones I decided I couldn't insist on lessons for them if I didn't know how to swim so I signed myself up. Just take it slow and let the instructor know why you're nervous so they can help. <3 The first couple of dips may be difficult. I found it much easier if I faced the edge of the pool rather than the middle and didn't look out at the large expanse of water.

Thanks for your encouraging words. My girls and husband are all fish, both of my girls were in Sea Cadets one is a sailor, level 1 instructor. I am so thankful they learned and didn't let me stop them. Sorry to hear about your Uncles.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options

Thanks, I was held under when I was 7-8 by a couple of boys that thought it was funny. It was in the deep end. Ever since then, if I can't stand up and get air I won't go in. I can make it back and forth across the shallow end, but if I start to panic I stand up. I am hoping that I can be confident enough to go in a deep end at the end of all this. I want to go to the waterpark in the Mall here with the grandkids and feel safe going on a slide and take them swimming without panicking if they get too far from me.

That’s awful :(

When I went to Florida when I was younger I went to Blizzard Beach and they had a swimming pool there with like an assault course across and they have big floating plastic “icebergs” and ropes above them and you had to hold on and jump from one to another. The rules by the lifeguard was 1 person on 1 float at a time.
    Except the kid behind me jumped on mine, I slipped in and was stuck underneath this massive thing and someone had to pull me out.

It must have only been a few seconds but felt like a lifetime.
    Fortunately I was a strong swimmer even then and so it didn’t shake me although I’ve never been on it since and didn’t when I returned a few years later.

I don’t really know how to help but remember that no one can do that to you now!
    Maybe you could swim to the deep end along side the wall of the pool. That way if you panic, you can just hold on, take a deep breath and relax and wait for the anxiety to calm down and then carry on :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options

I have that same problem ..... except I used to be held down by my four brothers! I took swimming lessons (private) for many years, but still unable to conquer my fear of deep water. I hope that it works for you! You are much younger than I am ..... so wishing you luck!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

That’s awful :(

When I went to Florida when I was younger I went to Blizzard Beach and they had a swimming pool there with like an assault course across and they have big floating plastic “icebergs” and ropes above them and you had to hold on and jump from one to another. The rules by the lifeguard was 1 person on 1 float at a time.
    Except the kid behind me jumped on mine, I slipped in and was stuck underneath this massive thing and someone had to pull me out.

It must have only been a few seconds but felt like a lifetime.
    Fortunately I was a strong swimmer even then and so it didn’t shake me although I’ve never been on it since and didn’t when I returned a few years later.

I don’t really know how to help but remember that no one can do that to you now!
    Maybe you could swim to the deep end along side the wall of the pool. That way if you panic, you can just hold on, take a deep breath and relax and wait for the anxiety to calm down and then carry on :)

That sounds just as bad to me as what I went through. That's a good idea about the side, I'm going to talk to the instructor, at least that way he/she will know what they are up against LOL I'm hoping I can overcome this, I so want to.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I have that same problem ..... except I used to be held down by my four brothers! I took swimming lessons (private) for many years, but still unable to conquer my fear of deep water. I hope that it works for you! You are much younger than I am ..... so wishing you luck!

Aren't siblings wonderful. My brother and I used to do awful things to each other. We are very close now and he has my utmost respect for dealing with our ailing grandparents and parents all on his own.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Looks like I missed a lot! The last two days have been good. Work has been interesting. It was only L and me in the branch today. It was gorgeous out and it was Friday which is usually payday. It was COMPLETELY dead. I had probably less than 2 dozen customers in 9 hours. It was so boring! We didnt have any transfers or wires or anything. I ended up doing a few training modules and getting caught up on bills. It was ridiculous! I probably only had 10 customers between 8:30 and 1. Because we were the only two people in the branch we weren't allowed to leave or to take a lunch break. We got a coffee delivery which was nice. The owner delivered it and wouldn't let us pay for it or even give him a tip. The guys there are awesome. I think it helps that L and I are young, attractive and have bubbly personalities. Lol.

My calories probably would have been in the green tonight if it wasn't for the two beers and then Duncan Hines mug cake. The cakes were very yummy but 300 cal a pop! I probably won't buy them again. I was just craving some serious chocolate and that was all that was in the house. I'm picking up a huge grocery order tomorrow morning. That will give me lots of different things to snack on. I plan on meal prepping on Sunday. Matt and I are going car shopping tomorrow. We have a preapproval from Captial One and have narrowed down our search to two cars. So we'll see. We're going to start with the one that he likes the best(which is 30 minutes away). If he isn't totally sold on it we'll try the second one. I just really want him to get one tomorrow because I miss having my car.

Um...I dont think there is really anything else to catch you guys up on. Matt and I both have off tomorrow...for the first time in like 3 months. I am very happy about that. I have a bunch of things to do in the morning that I know he will not do with me. I am going to try and get them done early while he sleeps. I dont often sleep past 9am anyway. We're also probably going to go out to dinner tomorrow night. I have a coupon for Charlie Browns and I am craving a nice juicy steak SO bad!

Okay, enough chatter. It's almost 11pm and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. Onto my...

JFT, 4/21/18

1. Log all food
    2. 74 oz of water(3.5 bottles)
    3. Up by 9:30
    4. Pick up groceries/meds
    5. Post office
    6. Put food away
    7. Food in CP
    8. Lunch
    9. Car shopping
    10. Dinner out
    11. DH time
    12. Night routine
    13. Bed by 12

• bcTRAI
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. House clean :)
    4. Studio time :) I got the pieces cut for a new quilt
    5. Make reservation :)
    6. Pay bills :/ oops
    7. Walk :)
    8. Brush and floss :)
    9. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Studio time :)
    4. Transplant garden plants :)
    5. Dinner for hubby's birthday :)
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Pay bills
    4. Miss C here for sleepover
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Complete 2 shop orders :)
    7. Laundry :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay as close as possible to "in the green" with my calories (Birthday party to go to today)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Laundry