JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    I had water when they had alcohol, except for the last evening, and one evening when I had one small glass of wine.

I sipped on water when she had two mugs of hot cocoa topped with huge swirls of whipped cream while at the ski lodge.

Instead of soup and then a sandwich with french fries I just had the soup.

At supper, I left half my meal on my plate when I became pleasantly full.

None of these even felt like sacrifices. And I had just as good of a time as those who imbibed.

I also exercised everyday I could prior to leaving for our ski/snowbunny trip, and logged my food every day.

This morning, I prepared b'fast and lunch for the hubs and immediately hopped on the exercise bike. In the past it would have taken a week to get psyched up again.

I just have to say it is greatly due to this wonderful group who encourages, supports, pushes and prods as needed. I'll be back on tomorrow to resume my JFT's ====btw, I drank 8 glasses of water, exercised, and logged all food today :)

Peace and joy!

I counted like EIGHT Victories over your weekend!!! SO proud of you!!!! You are making changes in your life, and the best part was that you said that none of these felt like sacrifices!!! You had a great time .... without giving up your goal to get and stay healthy!! This is the goal for all of us .... to enjoy life and friends... yet stay on that healthy pathy! Such an inspiration you are to so many! So proud of you!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »
    ]I didnt check in during the weekend but I was really good in terms of eating within my calories. As a result I didnt gain the usual post weekend bloat from all the eating out!

I met all my goals for yesterday =)

Great job!!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan (including lunch <500 kcals) :| Lunch was fine but boyfriend requested G&T in the evening as going away. I felt I had to oblige...
    - Leave work by 6.30 latest :smile:
    - Exercise DVD after work :/ I was too tired and also hungry by the time I got home (8pm). Think I need to leave by 6 really if I want to do that! I did however learn that my gym has a branch opposite work - might look into that, it would be good to be able to fit in a quick workout at lunch!
    - Look after boyfriend this evening (he's having a stressful week) :smiley:

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 30 mins lunch break
    - Leave work by 6pm to prepare for French class
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I didnt check in during the weekend but I was really good in terms of eating within my calories. As a result I didnt gain the usual post weekend bloat from all the eating out!

Just for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    C25K
    10k steps
    Eat within my macros/calories

I didnt get a chance to check in this morning, so even though its more than half way through the day i'll still put my goals for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar - done
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    C25k

Met all my goals for today !! =)

Don’t mind me and my repetitive task each day. I figured if I put the same thing everyday for at least 3 weeks, it’ll become a habit then I can work on a different daily goal.

For tomorrow’s goal:
    Lift
    Apple cider vinegar
    That vitamin d
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    If weather permits, walk raffi
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Accurate logging. ❌ Log lunch. ✔ Morning meds. ✔ Tea! ✔ Check grocery list.
    2. Daily 5-min meditation. ✔ Add links to blogroll. ❌ Print & email week 9. Write blog post. ❌
    3. Parent calls. ❌ Absent students finish surveys. ✔ Create directions for Slides. Freshmen watch 2.2 in various film versions (2013 @ 26:01, 1996 @ 36:10, Zefirelli, RSC). Update class websites. ✔
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. ✔ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔✔
    5. Gym immediately after school. ✔ Try for a 12:30 run. ✔ Steps to 10k; aim for 12. ✔ Prep lunch between gym and audition if possible. ❌ Leave for audition by 6:00. ✔
    6. Meds upon return. ❌ Write JFT. ❌ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Tuesday
    1. Accurate logging. Log lunch. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Daily 5-min meditation. Add links to blogroll. Outline Week 10 plans. Write blog post.
    3. PARENT CALLS. Input listening grades and linking verbs. Evaluate late work. Freshmen watch 2.2 in various film versions (2013 @ 26:01, 1996 @ 36:10, Zefirelli, RSC). Update class websites. Finish and post discussion comment. Review Week 3 essay assignment.
    4. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    5. Walk after school. Steps to 10k; aim for 12. Prep lunch between walk and kickboxing; leave for kickboxing by 5:45. Audition after kickboxing - DON'T FORGET!
    6. Review poetry anthologies and select poems to use as examples to practice with. Review semester plan to see where the rhetorical précis fits in.
    7. Dinner: Plated 1. Meds after kickboxing. Write JFT. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals

November: 183.6
    December: 176.6
    January: 174.6
    February: 173.6
    March 1: 172.4.
    March 31 goal: 170.4

Today: 178.9 - TOM, TOM, TOM. And I'm lower by about half a pound compared to last month.

I tend to get off-track with my daily goals after I get home from school. It's like my brain goes "ALL DONE WITH THAT!" And then I want to stuff my face and surf the internet and accomplish nothing of lasting value. :P
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Had a terrible time sleeping last night. I dont think it was all the cat either. At about 630 I started waking up every 20 minutes and was waiting for the alarm to go off at 8. I kept thinking I missed it because it was so bright out. I was expecting it to be late in the morning. Lol.

But now I am up. About to do my morning stuff and get my day started! I hope everyone is having a great morning!

@joan6630 It's so good to see you back! You were missed. You truly are an inspiration to me. Even with all you deal with in a day I know that you will reach your goals! I have found that it is all about mindset! Thank you so much for being here and for starting this board! It means a lot that I have a soft place to land however the day goes!
  • gen724
    gen724 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Going to give this JFT thing a shot and see how it goes for me. Hoping it'll reinforce the work I am trying to do with my weight-loss and overall lifestyle change!

JFT 3/6:
    1. Drink water, lots of it! I used to drink ~200 oz a day and I've been slacking ever since we got rid of our filtered water fountain at work.
    2. Log all my food. Everything.
    3. 60 min of activity, I have Zumba on Tuesday's so that def happening :smile:
    4. Be mindful of negative thoughts and how I talk to myself (inner dialogue...)
    5. Cook dinner. I burned a pan of veggies and chicken last night so my studio smells of burnt gross-ness and I just gave up on cooking last night altogether. But today will be different!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 3/6
    log
    drink 80-30 down
    stay green
    yoga class
    book club tonight with ds. it's the first try at a family book club for his school, and they are reading A wrinkle in time which is just about my favorite book ever.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :neutral:
    2. Log all the food I eat :smile:
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :neutral:

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    3) After work walk dog / put on reflective gear / winter storm on its way, expect 3 - 7" wet, heavy snow late tonight & into tomorrow so back to treadmill (sad me)...reminder that I live in WI

Welcome to all the newbies to JFT! This group helped me start a long logging streak and has been instrumental in getting me to my goals. Have a great Monday, all!

It's that time of year that I start wondering WHY I live in WI. :wink: I couldn't believe it when I saw a weather advisory for tonight. ugh.

Also, I wanted to tell you how inspiring it is to see your weekly/monthly posts showing your progress. It amazing to see how much those small steps each week in the right direction have added up to such wonderful life changes and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Many thanks! :blush: Hope you feel better soon! (((hugs))) I'm sure your boss realizes she'd rather you be there healthy than trying to push through the day sick.

You made me realize that I forgot to post my weekly weigh-in on Saturday...it wasn't pretty, because life happens, so I'll update next Sat. :p

Regarding those small steps each week...that's exactly what my journey has been for the past year. Making small, daily changes that I can live with. Hubby and I eat way less fast food and processed sugar than we used to, and I cook healthier most of the time. But we still eat chocolate and go out to eat, and I still drink the occasional adult beverage. For myself, no food is "bad", it's how much and how often I choose to eat. But it was a process of gradual change.

So was reincorporating activity into my life. When I joined JFT in January 2017, I no longer took walks on a regular basis, so I started with small goals. I started regular walks in Feb 2017 with 4 walks & 11 miles, then 14 walks & 28 miles in March 2017. By November 2017 I was up to 23 walks for 72 miles. As you know, I also take stairs breaks (3 floors) at work throughout the day, but I constantly have to remind myself to move hourly.

If anyone's still reading, I'm not trying to be preachy, but I truly believe in CICO (calories in < calories out), and MFP / JFT have made all the difference! Love to all my JFTers! <3

I concur with @OConnell5483 . You are inspiring us. And just like you, I am making small changes and am find seeing the scale move at small increments. Seeing you is proof in the pudding that it works. And I appreciate your "testimonies" on how you have made your journey...not preachy at all.

Keep on, keeping on. You have several of us hanging on to your coattails! (no pressure, whatsoever, lol)

Peace and joy.
    joan6630 wrote: »

Regarding those small steps each week...that's exactly what my journey has been for the past year. Making small, daily changes that I can live with. Hubby and I eat way less fast food and processed sugar than we used to, and I cook healthier most of the time. But we still eat chocolate and go out to eat, and I still drink the occasional adult beverage. For myself, no food is "bad", it's how much and how often I choose to eat. But it was a process of gradual change.

So was reincorporating activity into my life. When I joined JFT in January 2017, I no longer took walks on a regular basis, so I started with small goals. I started regular walks in Feb 2017 with 4 walks & 11 miles, then 14 walks & 28 miles in March 2017. By November 2017 I was up to 23 walks for 72 miles. As you know, I also take stairs breaks (3 floors) at work throughout the day, but I constantly have to remind myself to move hourly.

If anyone's still reading, I'm not trying to be preachy, but I truly believe in CICO (calories in < calories out), and MFP / JFT have made all the difference! Love to all my JFTers! <3

You are an inspiration to everyone on this thread!!!! I love seeing how your numbers keep going down. I get upset with myself that I can get off track so easy... you seem to stay the course! So very proud of you! And you are so right .... it is all small steps, not expecting things to change overnite. We will all get there on our own time... this I am positive of. Some of us (like me) may take a little longer, but we are all trying, and learning from each other. Thank you so much for joining this thread .... and being that positive inspiration you are to all of us. So very proud of you!!

Thank you so much! :smiley:

I'm not much of a cheerleader (never was), but I hit 'like' and 'hug' all the time on JFT. With each journey I read, and the struggles of some, I really feel for each person. This thread truly inspires me. Thank you @joan6630 for keeping us going! I keep all the JFTers close in my heart. <3
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    As much as I was thrilled to see our friends and share lots of laughs and some tears for nine days, I must admit I was ready to continue on my health journey after they went through the airport doors. I know I gained back some of my weight but I have several victories. I had water when they had alcohol, except for the last evening, and one evening when I had one small glass of wine. I sipped on water when she had two mugs of hot cocoa topped with huge swirls of whipped cream while at the ski lodge.
    Instead of soup and then a sandwich with french fries I just had the soup.
    At supper, I left half my meal on my plate when I became pleasantly full.

None of these even felt like sacrifices. And I had just as good of a time as those who imbibed. I also exercised everyday I could prior to leaving for our ski/snowbunny trip, and logged my food every day. This morning, I prepared b'fast and lunch for the hubs and immediately hopped on the exercise bike. In the past it would have taken a week to get psyched up again.

I just have to say it is greatly due to this wonderful group who encourages, supports, pushes and prods as needed. I'll be back on tomorrow to resume my JFT's ====btw, I drank 8 glasses of water, exercised, and logged all food today :)

Peace and joy!

You did awesome, and for a whole week! Kudos!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Don’t mind me and my repetitive task each day. I figured if I put the same thing everyday for at least 3 weeks, it’ll become a habit then I can work on a different daily goal.

I do repetitive goals all the time. If I don't, I tend to stop with the "habits", at least the ones I dislike the most (like floss & retainers). :D
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Day 33 - internet connection was very spotty again today, it's an issue I'm going to have to work around.
    limit kj :)
    limit sugars :) (only still green because I logged some exercise, does that count? hmm, I say yes.)
    avoid gluten and dairy :)
    exercise at least 2hr :)

Day 34:
    Hit me baby, one more time!
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap M 3/5
    1) Service station before work = Not oil leak at all, guys just didn't take care to clean up properly after oil change. Relieved & annoyed. At least they apologized. :#
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 15,628 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) hours & 45 floors (some elevation changes on dog walk) :smiley:
    3) After work walk dog / put on reflective gear / winter storm on its way, expect 3 - 7" wet, heavy snow late tonight & into tomorrow so back to treadmill (sad me)...reminder that I live in WI = Walked dog 2.92 miles 54:52 & happy dog / recylcables again (different route) :smiley:
    4) Leftovers for lunch / not sure about supper / net calories green / monitor usual = Home from dog walk 6:10 so more leftovers for dinner. Net calories, sodium & sugar little red, protein & fiber good & 12c water. :neutral:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :/ checked on weather & school closings for possible delays in a.m. / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 (may shovel before work T a.m.) :/ 30 min. later

JFT T 3/6 - Woke up early to sound of neighbor's snowblower :#
    1) Shoveled walkway & patio before work while hubby snowblowed (blew?) driveway / repeat after work as needed (maybe done by hubby before his shift if snow stops sooner?)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Lunch at desk (don't want to drive home with roads so-so) / heat something from freezer for dinner? / net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Evening: laundry & at least 1 to-do
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill W a.m.)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    limit sugars :) (only still green because I logged some exercise, does that count? hmm, I say yes.)

Big YES. I always eat back exercise calories, or I would be starving and cranky. Hubby does not like cranky me.
  • missheidi
    Options
    tornado drill and I didn't have a panic attack!!! I also stayed by the door and was one of the first to scoot out before 2000 students rushed the door.
  • missheidi
    Options
    well, that's fun. I'm part of my church's Healthy Congregations team now!i want to get certified to teach the walk15 with Leslie sansone at church.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I didnt check in during the weekend but I was really good in terms of eating within my calories. As a result I didnt gain the usual post weekend bloat from all the eating out!

Just for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    C25K
    10k steps

I didnt get a chance to check in this morning, so even though its more than half way through the day i'll still put my goals for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar - done
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    C25k

Wonderful job eating well over the weekend. It's easy to let our guard down during then.

Onward!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT, Tuesday, 3/6:
    I will pre-log as much as possible
    I will go five miles on exercise bike, 1 mile on treadmill, and stretching
    I will drink at least 6 glasses of water
    I will stop eating by 8pm
    I will complete online daily lesson
    I will get up and moooove throughout the day

"Losing weight is a mind game. Change your mind, change your body."

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

I do repetitive goals all the time. If I don't, I tend to stop with the "habits", at least the ones I dislike the most (like floss & retainers). :D

I agree with @cschmitz110515 . I write a LOT of repetitive goals, and that is how they become habits for me. Today, I realized I have not been writing those repetitive things this week since I've been sick, and in turn I have not been doing them. 'm adding them back in today now that I realized how much I've been slacking. :smile:

We do what we have to, so we can do what we want to!