JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hey sweet MFP friends. My daughter (in TX) was in a wreck this morning. Broken nose and according to my friend, pretty beat up. But she is alive, thank God, and no one else was hurt. I am flying out...plane delayed three hours so I wanted to do my JFT and JFT tomorrow's...I mainly have one

JFT
    I will not emotionally eat. Instead I will take every bite captive so that I am not wantonly eating.
    Oh, and drink water. bought a bottle at the airport.

I will catch up with all of you in a day or two, after I put my eyes on my girl.

Peace and joy.

So sorry to hear this, but also so thankful she will be OK. Its always worse when we can't be there, so it will be nice once you are in the room with your daughter, and there for her. You have a safe trip - and give your daughter lots of hugs.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @NSnewme18 We have a lot of people on this board who are sick at the moment. It must be really terrible. I hope you feel better soon! Dont push yourself too hard!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Congratulations on your new baby! She's precious!! Post as many baby pics as you want!! :-)

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday, 3/5:
    1. Journal everything I eat today :)
    2. 64 oz of water at least ;)Probably not 64 but drank more than usual.
    3. Get up and move (it's already 2:30 but for the rest of the day I will be more mindful of how much I am sitting on the couch) :)
    4. Do laundry :)
    5. Eat my grapefruit and an orange today. ;)Ate a HUMONGOUS grapefruit and didn't get around to the orange.
    6. Body, Mind & Spirit....Focus on each of the three, separately. :)Body: manicure & pedicure (self done), Mind: Simple Abundance catch-up and curled up with a few quilting magazines away from it all, Spirit: Caught up in my Joyce Meyer's Daily Reading for Women book and wrote in my gratitude journal.
    7. Read Simple Abundance chapter, Read Beck's Diet Solution and write in gratitude journal tonight
    8. Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcast. Try one new podcast. :)Wasn't drawn to new podcast but was okay.

Just for Wednesday, 3/7/18
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Hydrate, at least 64 oz
    3. 5 servings of freggies
    4. Finish laundry
    5. Body, Mind & Spirit - spend time on each, separately
    6. Simple Abundance: Read today's and then Pick one of the assignments to work on today
    7. Beck's Diet Solution: Update cards and read next chapter
    8. Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts. Try one new podcast.
    9. One thing on fridge's to-do list
    10. Unplug 9:00; ready for bed; gratitude journal; bed/tv 10:30

It comes down to one simple thing...how bad do you want it?
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So just for today ....

Remembering how bad do I want this!
    Bought a dress 3 sizes smaller and hung it up in plain sight in bedroom and goal is to get into it this summer
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    So just for today ....

Remembering how bad do I want this!
    Bought a dress 3 sizes smaller and hung it up in plain sight in bedroom and goal is to get into it this summer

Love this! I hung up a blouse I want to wear to work so I'd see it every day and my husband keeps hanging it back in the closet! ugh. We got this!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT, 3/7/18

1. Up with DH(7:30) :)Almost went back to bed because I only got about 5 hours of restless sleep but I stayed up
    2. Morning routine :/Nope. This morning was weird.
    3. Tidy!!!! :)Finally. I got myself up from lounging on the bed around 1 and cleaned. It felt good to get up and get moving
    4. Sort out and repair broken junk drawer :|Didnt repair it but I did sort it all out. I now have a "junk box" Lol
    5. Yoga class(Slow Flow) :'(HORRENDOUS weather out today and I had severe pain in my hips today so it probably wouldnt have been a good idea anyway
    6. Lunch :)It was late but I did it
    7. Revise budget :DTotally forgot~
    8. Make "Things to buy" list(different than a shopping list! Lol) :)Kind of but for the most part it's done and ready Friday
    9. Finish meal planning/create "shopping list" :)I did it a new way and am very happy with the results so far. We'll see how it works at the end of next week
    10. Dinner in Crockpot(Turkey Sloppy Joes) :)Yummy as always!
    11. Read(I am seriously behind!) :/Spent too much time on the laptop today
    12. Dinner/Dishes :)Just waiting for the crock to soak
    13. Pens game(It's gonna be a good one! Playing the Flyers! Their biggest rivals!) :):):)About to start. Trying to get this done quick! The DH doesnt feel so so it's probably going to pretty loud in my house tonight
    14. DH time :)As soon as I'm done with this we are going to cuddle. Lol
    15. Bed by 11 :DI forgot that the game starts ar 8 so it probably wont be over until right around 11 so this isnt likely. Lol

Had a weird morning but the afternoon picked up and ended well. I got the house clean, made a yummy dinner, learned a bunch of things about weight loss, and created a meal plan for next week. I took a few steps to make things a bit easier for me.

JFT, 3/8/18

1. Up with DH
    2. Morning routine
    3. Coffee and needles with M&M
    4. Library/Lunch
    5. Story
    6. Dinner in crock by 3
    7. Nap?
    8. READ!
    9. DH time
    10. Dinner/Dishes
    11. Bed by 11

That's it for tomorrow I think. I hope everyone is having a great night!
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »
    I didnt check in during the weekend but I was really good in terms of eating within my calories. As a result I didnt gain the usual post weekend bloat from all the eating out!

Just for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    C25K
    10k steps
    Eat within my macros/calories

I met all my goals for yesterday =)

I didnt get a chance to check in this morning, so even though its more than half way through the day i'll still put my goals for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar - done
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    C25k

Met all my goals for today !! =)

Don’t mind me and my repetitive task each day. I figured if I put the same thing everyday for at least 3 weeks, it’ll become a habit then I can work on a different daily goal.

For tomorrow’s goal:
    Lift
    Apple cider vinegar
    That vitamin d
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    If weather permits, walk raffi

For yesterday, I met all my goals except walk raffi.

For today:

Lift
    Apple cider vinegar - done
    Vitamin D - done
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    C25K
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @OConnell5483 It does make a HUGE difference being at home. Thankfully, I've gotten right back into the swing of things and stayed within my calories today. I was afraid vacation would throw me off track even when I got home, but I still feel determined to get healthy. My Etsy shop is mostly personalized gifts for weddings and other events, I do wedding handkerchiefs, baskets/pillows, corn hole bags, and dog bandanas. Basically anything I enjoy making, so my shop has become a bit of a mish mash of things...LOL! Thanks for asking. :-)