JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Holy Crow! Just did my walking route for the first time this season and I set a pace that was faster then I did at the height of my walking last year. Probably not a good idea because I could really feel it in my hips halfway through. I think I am going to need to take a nap this afternoon! I had planned to go to a yoga class at 4:30 but I dont think that is going to happen. I am just too beat. Lol.

A little later I might do some light stretching, but honestly, I'm not sure. I need to do some tidying as well. The DH isn't getting home until late tonight so I will have plenty of time to get a lot of things done!

On a side note...I have a snoring kitty sleeping next to me on the couch. It's pretty hilarious!
  • eshebam
    eshebam Posts: 40 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    yesterday:
    MArch 5th:
    - stay in goal - nope!
    - hit gym yep!
    - after the fulll day - hit grocery store yep!
    - meal plan for the week just couldnt bring myself to it

ugggh I'm not doing well the past couple of days
    goals for today 3/6
    - bed by 8.

start fresh tomorrow!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @bcTRAI and @missheidi How are you two? Are either of you feeling any better? I sure hope you are on the upswing and starting to feel better!

I just found out that I will be off until at least Friday or Monday, and hopefully will be feeling better and able to go back then. I can honestly say, if I can't go back by then, I'm going to be really, really crabby! I'm off without pay and I hate sitting around and I want my old routine back! ugh.

Anyway, I realized after reading all your inspiring and insightful posts today that I cannot let my goals slide like I have been just because i don't feel good. I haven't even been writing in my gratitude journal or reading my chapters in my books, which I normally do every night. It ends my day on a positive note. So, here I go! I a going to be realistic about it, however, because let's face it...if I felt good enough to be exercising, I'd be at work!

Just for Tuesday, 3/5:
    1. Journal everything I eat today
    2. 64 oz of water at least
    3. Get up and move (it's already 2:30 but for the rest of the day I will be more mindful of how much I am sitting on the couch)
    4. Do laundry
    5. Eat my grapefruit and an orange today.
    6. Body, Mind & Spirit....Focus on each of the three, separately.
    7. Read Simple Abundance chapter, Read Beck's Diet Solution and write in gratitude journal tonight
    8. Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcast. Try one new podcast.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I appreciate all of you so much. What a great group this is. I now log into this group more than I do Facebook, which I would have never thought I would do.

@Bex953172 Thinking about you and little Casey! :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    2018 Stats...

SW 1/1/18: 175.4 lb
    1/8/2018: 174.6
    1/15/2018: 175.8
    1/22/2018: 177.2
    1/29/2018: 176.6
    2/5/2018: 178
    2/12/2018: 176.8
    2/19/2018: 176.2
    2/26/2018: 176.4
    3/5/2018: 174.0

NSV Goals are to:
    Wear my wedding ring again
    Fit into my spring blouses
    Be able to tuck shirts in comfortably
    Be able to wear more fitted blouses
    Have waist of pants be loose enough to be comfortable
    Be able to walk with friends and not be out of breath
    Have cardio be a habit at least 5 times per week
    Tone muscles and firm up

Scale Mini Goals:
    Mini goal: <170
    Mini goal: <165
    Mini goal: <160
    Mini goal: <155
    Mini goal: <150
    Mini goal: <145
    Ultimate goal: 140 lbs

Height: 5'4 1/2"
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    eshebam wrote: »
    yesterday:
    MArch 5th:
    - stay in goal - nope!
    - hit gym yep!
    - after the fulll day - hit grocery store yep!
    - meal plan for the week just couldnt bring myself to it

ugggh I'm not doing well the past couple of days
    goals for today 3/6
    - bed by 8.

start fresh tomorrow!

I think the fact you have two yep's is very good and the fact you come back to update is GREAT! I don't think any of us give ourselves enough credit for the things we DO get right! :smile: You hit the gym and that is HUGE!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Money's pretty tight at the moment(especially since I dont know when I'm starting my new job) and I dont know if I should shell out the $40 bucks to buy the DH a birthday present I think he would like. I mean a man only turns 35 once, right? I dont know! I think this is gonna bug me until I make a decision....what do you guys think?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I ended up getting him two shirts he is going to love for less than what I was originally going to get him(a street hockey goal). I could only find the one shirt, he's wanted since last year, in a size smaller then he wears right now. I figured it could be his NSV when he fits into it!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    I ended up getting him two shirts he is going to love for less than what I was originally going to get him(a street hockey goal). I could only find the one shirt, he's wanted since last year, in a size smaller then he wears right now. I figured it could be his NSV when he fits into it!

LOL
    Love how you didn’t get a response yet decided so quick!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have a WiFi Hotspot near my house, so basically had access to internet this whole time :anguished:
  • HGSmith0920
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 I know my DH well enough to know that as much as he would appreciate the goal, he would probably never use it. The shirts he will wear out because he'll wear them so much. Lol. They are shirts of his favorite team and his favorite player on his favorite team. Lol

I have no problem with baby pictures! I think she is absolutely beautiful! Ya done good, kid!(<- a Southern US saying lol)
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

JFT, 3/6/18

1. Up by 8 :)Probably could have gotten up sooner, but the bed was comfy and it was well before the alarm was supposed to go off
    2. Routine :)It always goes slightly off course when the DH works late because he is home all morning. I dont get a lot done for fear of waking him up or just because he's puttering around the house. Lol
    3. Bible/Meditate/Yoga video :)Did all three. It was nice(before the DH woke up)
    4. DH time :)Didnt do anything but sit on the couch but it was still nice
    5. Lunch :)We both had wraps. They were yummy. Lol
    6. Library :DEnded up staying home and typing up all the pages I wrote yesterday.
    7. Text M about next treatment :)Going over Thursday for needles and coffee
    8. Gym :)Ended up doing the first walk of the year but boy are my hips mad at me!
    9. Read/Nap(optional) :DSpent two hours laying in bed on my phone looking for birthday presents
    10. Dinner/Dishes :)Made myself french toast. I cant remember the last time I've made it. The last pan is soaking now.
    11. Tidy house :/
    12. Repair and sort junk drawer :/
    13. Work on meal plans for the next week or two :)Kind of doing this now. Looking for high-protein recipes and easy to freeze meals to make over the next few weeks
    14. Nighttime Routine :)
    15. Bed by 12 am :)I think so. Lol. I know that I laid down before 12 so maybe

Had a great beginning and middle of the day but around 7 pm it turned sour. I have no idea why. I found the perfect gifts for the DH but it was past dinner time and I didn't want to actually get up and make anything but I know I needed to. So I ended up making french toast. It wasn't TERRIBLY high in calories or anything, but I dont know, I've just been in a terrible mood since. I have a feeling the 2.75oz of chips I ate after my walk but before my lay down did it. That and the fact that I am seriously missing the DH. I hate the nights that he works late. I get so lonely sitting at home. I just while away the time doing nothing, as you can see from my two sad faces.

The DH opens his store tomorrow so it will be back to normal. I will actually get the cleaning done! The house isn't trashed but I keep looking at all the cluttered surfaces and getting slightly depressed because everything was pretty tidy for so long. Idk. I think I'm just having an off night. Tomorrow will be better! I'm sure of it!

Onto my list!

JFT, 3/7/18

1. Up with DH(7:30)
    2. Morning routine
    3. Tidy!!!!
    4. Sort out and repair broken junk drawer
    5. Yoga class(Slow Flow)
    6. Lunch
    7. Revise budget
    8. Make "Things to buy" list(different than a shopping list! Lol)
    9. Finish meal planning/create "shopping list"
    10. Dinner in Crockpot(Turkey Sloppy Joes)
    11. Read(I am seriously behind!)
    12. Dinner/Dishes
    13. Pens game(It's gonna be a good one! Playing the Flyers! Their biggest rivals!)
    14. DH time
    15. Bed by 11

Have a great night everyone!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    She’s so grumpy looking :lol:
    Also bit jaundiced hence the yellowy tone lol!

I promise I won’t bombard the thread with baby photos

Bombard away!!!!! Precious child.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    JFT, Tues
    1. log all food - :)
    2. be mindful of everything I put in my mouth :)
    3. concentrate on 8+ glasses of water :) Trying to back in the habit of using my red cup!
    4. go to the gym - no excuses tomorrow morning! :) Had a really good workout. Its amazing how starting the day with exercise and social time helps me.
    5. work on chemo hats :) Doing this tonite! Last nite I was so stressed out, so I cut out enough to do 20 chemo hats. Now tonite I can get started pinning and sewing them. I have 18 done so far - aiming for another 50 before they get picked up. But these are all bright, pretty, spring colors.
    6. try and to cash the check from my daughter (this would be the 4th try, and she doesn't have the funds to cover the checks - so the check is now for half of what we asked for. We'll see if it goes through. :s:) She wrote it for half of the amount, but hey, a little is better than nothing. Hopefully when we take her car in, the brake job is not too expensive.
    7. be patient and positive :)
    8. help hubby with business stuff :)
    9. get back on here - be accountable :)
    10. encourage at least one person :)

JFT, Wed
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym - even though we got snow tonite. I scrapped off the car, so hopefully I won't have to scrap the windows in the morning.
    3. concentrate on water - remember what that red cup is for
    4. post positive things. No one want to read about all my problems. Concentrate on the positives --- and like @toaljasa said --- let go of the things I cannot control.
    5. read beck diet solution -- concentrate on mindful, slow eating
    6. get back on here -- be accountable.

@biche896 --- I think it is important to list the same goals, until they become habit. That is what I also do. Water is the biggest thing for me, so you will see that on my list everyday, and going to the gym. Even though that is becoming more of a habit... it is still really easy yet to slip into old habits and shut off the alarm. So I keep listing it. But great job in meeting your goals. I have to ask though --- do you drink the cider apple vinegar? Is this just something you enjoy, or am I missing something?
    @gen724 - welcome! We have the best group on here! Hope to see you often.
    @eshebam - hope you had a better day today. Somedays are like that ... but at least tomorrow is a new day!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Oh and my weight on her birth day was 187lb
    My weight yesterday at 7 days post-preg was 176!
    Which actually puts me 6lb up from my pre-preg weight. Remember I said I gave myself a goal of 5lb excess in fat and the rest baby? Longest running goal ever but smashed it haha!

SO happy to hear from you @Bex!!! I've been wondering how you are doing. And gosh .... I don't even have to kick butt for you. ..... you are doing great!! I knew if you were BFing your weight would drop quickly!!

And baby Casey is a absolute doll!!! How I wish I could hold her and give her grammy kisses! She is just beautiful!!! And she let you sleep for 6 hrs already!!! She must be a very good little baby!!! Enjoy every minute, and absolutely, PLEASE post baby pictures often!!! You know .... I'm her online proud grammy!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Had a great beginning and middle of the day but around 7 pm it turned sour. I have no idea why. I found the perfect gifts for the DH but it was past dinner time and I didn't want to actually get up and make anything but I know I needed to. So I ended up making french toast. It wasn't TERRIBLY high in calories or anything, but I dont know, I've just been in a terrible mood since. I have a feeling the 2.75oz of chips I ate after my walk but before my lay down did it. That and the fact that I am seriously missing the DH. I hate the nights that he works late. I get so lonely sitting at home. I just while away the time doing nothing, as you can see from my two sad faces.

So sorry your day turned sour- but at least you had a good day until then! But what I still see are a lot of happy faces! Sometimes it is OK to skip the gym .... sometimes you need that rest... and sometimes, you need that good comfort food like french toast! So look at all your positives! And I hope when DH comes home you get some nice snuggly time, and I hope tomorrow also!