What's the best diet or fitness advice you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Oh and one other, dont restrict yourself, just make your calories count :)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Sorry, but that's utter rubbish.

Yep, I can think of at least a dozen things off the top of my head, and I'm glad it's not an either/or.

Same! I'd rather be fat than never have chocolate/cheesecake/ice cream/cheeseburgers/etc/etc/etc ever again. Yay, IIFYM!

And that's why we lift!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Nix143 wrote: »
    Eat like the person you want to be.

This is helping me so much. See Future Me rocks around in gym leggings all the time, is proud of her body and the work that has got her there. Future Me smashes her workouts and pushes herself. Future Me enjoys eating in moderation, counting her calories, fueling her workouts because that's what got her to her goals. Future Me has no need to smother her emotions by binge eating. She knows she can eat treats or special meals and it doesnt derail her.

I really dig Future Me, she's holding my hand through all this.

I love this so much,
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Make sure that whatever changes you’re making you can sustain for the rest of your life
  • dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1. Consistency is key.
    2. Only do what you can maintain as this is a lifelong journey.
    3. It is okay to eat foods that may be unhealthy in moderation.
    4. Measure yourself if you are not having victories with the scale.
  • justjara123
    justjara123 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    “Do something fun.”

Used to be a 400m sprinter in high school but I hated the shin splints, the pressure of competitions, the last 100m of the sprint, and training in the heat. It messed up my attitude towards exercise my first two years in college.

Now I do pilates and CrossFit. I swim and spin for fun sometimes. I’ve also tried and enjoyed ultimate frisbee, flag football, and Zumba. Doing something that’s fun for me actually makes it easier to workout more often.

Also, CrossFit community is sooo supportive and trainers can work with complete, no fitness beginners. It’s amazing and motivating to see someone’s progress.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Another good motivation quote
    Your "I can" is more important than your IQ