Replies

• Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    25 km run today, 25th of April.

177 metres of elevation;
    Pitstops and short walk while I ate & drank something at 8 and 16km;
    Needed to get stones out of shoes at 23 km.

Walking on roads this happens alot too!
    Hate it when it happens in first 5 mins, uhhg haha.
    Anyone have a rock protection strategy??
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Teerai wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    25 km run today, 25th of April.

177 metres of elevation;
    Pitstops and short walk while I ate & drank something at 8 and 16km;
    Needed to get stones out of shoes at 23 km.

Walking on roads this happens alot too!
    Hate it when it happens in first 5 mins, uhhg haha.
    Anyone have a rock protection strategy??

Gaiters
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those of you running in the heat and sweating... Now that we are getting warm here (80-90F) I sweat, a lot... I always wear a hat and it helps to keep the sweat off my face for a while until it becomes saturated (sorry TMI and gross!). Then it all just runs down my face and into my eyes. Does anyone have a solution for this? I was thinking of trying a headband under or next to the band of my hat or maybe a bandana... I don't know but I hate not being able to see and my eyes stinging...
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    For the Trail Hounds @MNLittleFinn - @7lenny7 and others interested in Sinister 7 in western Canada. A short 14 minute video from 2015 leg 6
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I have a question for those of you running in the heat and sweating... Now that we are getting warm here (80-90F) I sweat, a lot... I always wear a hat and it helps to keep the sweat off my face for a while until it becomes saturated (sorry TMI and gross!). Then it all just runs down my face and into my eyes. Does anyone have a solution for this? I was thinking of trying a headband under or next to the band of my hat or maybe a bandana... I don't know but I hate not being able to see and my eyes stinging...

I sweat a lot as well in high heat and always wear a bandana. I have yet to saturate it so much that it runs into my eyes.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

I sweat a lot as well in high heat and always wear a bandana. I have yet to saturate it so much that it runs into my eyes.

Bandana for me too... if it's still getting in my eyes I'm not opposed to wiping it on my shirt though.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Have you ever tried a Gutr? If you sweat like it's raining (like I do), normal sweatbands will last maybe an hour max before it stops doing anything. Gutr bands and the like are made of plastic and form a rain gutter above your eyebrows, channeling all the water to the sides of your head and away from face/glasses etc. I did need to play with the adjustment for a while before it stopped feeling like there's a strip of plastic on my forehead. And warning, it might leave a weird tan mark.

Yes! This is me too! The sweat stings my eyes so bad it looks like I have been crying for hours. :'( Others on the road must think I am having a horrendous run by the sight of me.
    I will have to give Gutr a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @amymoreorless OMG! That marathon sounds awesome. I'll start saving and training (although I'm sure I won't care if i take the DNF), if you do!

@Elise4270 Haha. I am sure after a few dozen wine/ food stations, laying down and taking a DNF (maybe next to the ice cream station?) sounds like a great idea.

I'm in.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @PastorVincent It was so muddy. So fun! Some people avoided the puddles... I just kinda charged right thru.

that's the sign of a TRUE trail runner...