DIET GOALS: eat healthy, limit sugar and end the sugar addiction
    EXERCISE GOALS: to walk consistently, maybe start running and do so weights
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere
    FUN FACT: I can say "thank you" in 10 languages
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning, fitties! :-)

Welcome to all the new challengers! And yes, this challenge is always open. If someone wants to join us on October 6th, we will welcome them in for one day of a fun challenge! Why not? ;-)

Anyway, I'm still feeling sick today, unfortunately! Stupid cold. My voice has dropped like two octaves, does that happen to anyone else when you get a cold? I feel like a man today. Part of my job is answering the phones, and no one knows who I am. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Okay, time for another QOTD!!! I think that I will keep on posting the last several, in case anyone that joins in hasn't had the chance to answer the last couple. Answer whichever questions you want to answer, and/or ask some questions of your own!

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?
  • matticrew
    Options
    QOTD #1: My favorite exercise is rowing or running. Honestly you feel so fit and good about yourself after doing thaat.
    QOTD #2: I found MFP actruaally on gooogle 0.o hahahah. It so far well isn't going good for me but I am not acturallly eaaaaating what I should be...TILL NOW:)
    QOTD #3: It happened last summer when I lost the first 30 pounds and then happened again on Sunday. I want to change and look different.
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

A couple of things.

1) My big brother lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers, and had finally lost his bubble butt, which I just assumed was a genetic trait that was impossible for any of us to get rid of. Well, he proved me wrong! I signed up for WW because of him!

2) My seatbelt kept unbuckling "mysteriously" while I was driving. When I realized that it was because the fat on my hips was pouring over the top of the belt and unbuckling it whenever I turned... that was when I realized that I needed help. Things had gone on long enough!
  • msmodular13
    msmodular13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    QOTD #1: I love turbo fire because it keeps me moving and I have fun while I do it. I also love walking because it allows me to focus on nature and all of the beauty that is around.

QOTD #2: I heard about this site from an exercise forum. I have done WW and so far, this is a big help. I just need to get into a routine and be more accountable with what I eat. I am just always hungry!!

QOTD #3: I had lost weight before, so I knew I could do it. This time, however, I realized when the scale kept going up and my clothes were a little more snug.
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    Ok here is the icon for everyone's signature!
    bg78cp.jpg

To post this in your icon use the IMG(image) code:
    code here
    USE LOWERCASE i's this is just so the example will show up!

and put this link in where it says code here:
    http://i53.tinypic.com/bg78cp.jpg

And there ya go!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    so cool!!! Testing, to see if I did it right...

Thanks, Amanda!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    okay, what did I do wrong??? :-(

Never mind, it's the lowercase i's I bet...
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    So awesome girlie. . Good for you starting a challenge group. . Its fun. .. and by the way love that you play an instrument. . . I played clarinet for 10 years, along with several other instruments. . .
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    QOTD #3:-What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

Several things here too--
    1) I am not able to keep up with people around me energy level wise. I wake up in the morning and feel like sleeping again instantly.
    2) Difficult to find belts for my waist size. The ones I have they come undone due to fat around my belly. I have even had a button fly from my jeans. URgggh!! What did I do to myself!
    3) I am seeing a beginning of very round big belly in the making. I want to intervene before it takes on proper shape of a beach ball.
    4) Finally my vanity has woken up. I want to look good and be presentable. I want to able to wear what I like in the store. Right now my wardrobe is so drab because that is what I can get in my size. I come from each shopping spree feeling depressed :( And I can't wear nice high heels as my feet hurt because of my weight (not to mention I look like a ball standing on two pins).
    5) Biggest 'a-ha' moment has to be success stories here. Before seeing them I knew I need to lose weight but never really believed I can. But looking at those stories and amazing will of those people I told myself that I can too!!. So here I am :)

There are other deeper issues. But what moved me into action is accumulation of all these factors. They have been piling on. I had finally seen the light that only I can help my self.

When I first found MFP I gave the food diary a try by logging in my meal. It seemed easy and I could easily see how I can improve my diet and yet not starve. My initial plan was only to take care of my diet but thanks to these motivating forums I am doing 60+ minutes aerobics(given a little low impact but at least I am moving my lazy self around) already in my first week here.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    NAME: Brooke
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 160 (prev 166)
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150 (ultimate: 135)
    START PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10/12 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: vegetarian, mostly vegan
    DIET GOALS: more whole foods, less sweets
    EXERCISE GOALS: to be able to do a 'real pushup', and run a 5k
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere
    FUN FACT: I shoot people. (w/a camera :)
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    QOTD #3: I have been saying that I was going to get back to exercising and eating right for a year. I guess what did it for me is that we went on a lovely family vacation this year, had a wonderful time, yet I can't stand to look at the pictures because I hate the way I look. And believe it or not watching Jennifer Aniston in 'Just Go With It' was another nudge. I thought heck she is two years older than me and look at her, she's a machine. Now I know that I won't ever look as good as her, but there is no reason why I can't be the best I can be.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I like variety- or i get bored. But I like spinning for the energizing effects and yoga/pilates when I need to stretch/relax/revive. And a million other exercises. Doing bootcamp right now. I'd like to try Zumba next.

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?
    Can't remember- probably google, LOL. MUCH better than other sites- the community and the fact that ALMOST every food I eat is in the database.

Couldn't fit into ANY of my clothes & sat in my closet and cried. I've do that occasionally still. But I'm hopeful I can go shopping in my closet soon- I have a walk-in FULL. :D
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options

When my husband made the comment to me that it seemed like I didn't really care about myself anymore. First of all it just made me mad but then after I got over the being mad, I realized he was right....I had gained so much weight and felt so miserable and unattractive all the time that I didn't care about anything else either like wearing pretty clothes, or doing anything more than just pulling my hair back, never putting on makeup...that type of thing plus I felt like I was so big that I couldn't lose it so I just kept gaining more and more instead. Not saying everyone who wears their hair back or doesn't wear makeup doesn't care about themselves...but that's just my "personal" style and I had quit caring about any of it. So I decided it was time to lose some weight and feel better about myself again...it hasn't been easy but it will be worth it.

Hope you start feeling better really soon Leah!!
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sherry I completely understand the ponytail and no make-up thing. I have always been one to put on make-up and take time with my hair and for about the last year I just stopped. I didn't care anymore. This week I have started to put more effort into getting ready again. It is a good feeling. :)
  • marqcheer09
    marqcheer09 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NAME: Marquita
    HEIGHT: 5'1"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 185
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 170
    START PANTS SIZE: 18
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 14/16
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: vegetarian, mainly just fresh fruits
    DIET GOALS: learn to love naked salad!
    EXERCISE GOALS: Go to Curves 5days a week!
    OTHER GOALS: Be able to run a mile
    FUN FACT: I am doing this challenge bcz I will be seeing my long distance bf on Oct 1! :)
  • shele75
    shele75 Posts: 29
    Options
    Ah Huh-None of my pants fit (Szs 4-10) LOL so I had better get back to this site again-I wish I could get off this rollercoast. At 5'4, I maintained in the high 120's to low 130's or 128-132 for a year until recently mainly due to stressful life events this year. :(

So, what is the weigh in Schedule looking like for the group? Any particular days when we report wt, inches, or any changes that happened that week whether good or bad?
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options

The day I came back from vacation and my nephew looked at me from the side and said "dang auntie what happened to you?, you're just...fat". It didn't hurt my feelings but he expressed exactly how I felt. That very same day my sister told me about wanting to make a lifestyle change in the way she eats and I happily joined along. I just plain got tired of sitting down and looking like I had a life preserver around my mid section.

My favorite exercise is jogging even though I suck at it. It is a challenge to jog and I love challenges. I also love weight lifting because it makes me feel stronger.

This is the only program I know of and I really like it. My sister introduced me to this program! I love it for the different challenges and everyone seems to be uplifting.
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    YAY! This is my first attempt at joining a challenge :)

NAME: Hana
    HEIGHT: 5'2''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 130
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 125
    START PANTS SIZE: 6 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 4 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Vegan and calorie counting
    DIET GOALS: cleaner eating, less processed foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: strength training! To be able to do sit ups and push ups without wobbing. Running that 10k with my dad!
    OTHER GOALS: Gaining self-confidence!
    FUN FACT: I used to play alto sax. Have been working at a no-kill Rabbit rescue for 3 years as a vet-tech, but studying Linguistics and Philosophy(?!?!)

We can do this!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    NAME: Liz
    HEIGHT: 5'5
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 146
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 136
    START PANTS SIZE: 8/10 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 6/8 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: A Clean Diet.
    DIET GOALS: Cook instead of eating packaged food.
    EXERCISE GOALS: Start adding running to my walks, do more pilates and yoga.
    OTHER GOALS: Write more instead of quoting.
    FUN FACT: My dog picks up her trash.