Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

"Natural foods" vs "others"

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    scarla67 wrote: »
    I know this is overly simplified but how about just noticing how you feel after you eat something? I love soft drinks and rice crispy treats but feel like crap when I eat them. Speaking for myself, I feel better when I eat pesticide free lettuce, carrots, oranges, etc and worse when I eat fried Chicfila. I think my body works better when I eat green beans instead of bacon and nitrates. I am grateful to live where I can grab a not as healthy prepackaged peanut butter and cracker pack and a diet coke when I don't plan ahead. Were all in this together. I don't feel quite as hopeless or overwhelmed with weight issues knowing we all have a common goal regardless of how we get there.

Nah, doesn't work for me. I feel like crap if I eat a banana, but give me a party-size pack of Cheese Puffs and I feel great.

To be fair, I generally do avoid bananas and spinach because of how they make me feel. I don't think I get that kind of instant feedback from any "unnatural" foods at all.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Hypothetical question for you:

Three people are placed on an island. One gets only unlimited broccoli and carrots. One gets only unlimited beans and peas. One gets only unlimited Big Macs. All three get unlimited water. Who lives the longest?

Will it be one of the two on those delicious, oh so nutritious, healthy, good for you, all-natural diets, or the one eating that horrible, toxic, disgusting, "nutritionally empty" non-food substance?

Clearly, the Big Mac guy will die first.

But only because the other two will end up killing him for his incredibly tasty and nutritionally superior food. B)

You don't think after a day or two, the three of them would get together and share, maybe?

They must be locked in cages otherwise they would probably try to eat other foods pretty quick or kill themselves. Even big macs would get depressing if it were your only food. There is no real reason for them to be placed on an island unless it is to prevent their rescue from this mad scientist waiting for them to die.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited May 2018
    you know, i think everyone does what works best for them or what they prefer or what makes them feel good - for whatever reason.

you could kill a chicken in your yard and once you stick it over your firepit made with sticks and fire from lightening .... its processed.

i eat the way i eat, because i PREFER to. fresh veg and fruit. very little canned or frozen. meats (that im positive WERE frozen, and almost always are once they get to my house). i buy most of my bread, but even when i make it, once it hits that oven .... processed.

i dont buy many canned soups or items because i simply dont like them. i like to control my food and whats in it. and with prepackaged things, you dont have that control. if someone else wants to use it - awesome. i truly do not care. lol

live and let live.

and doritos are *kitten* good!!!