Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Birder 165 - Thanks for the encouragement. Its folks like you and others on this site, that give me strength

Katrena
  • KATRENAJ
    Options
    I am listening to Rachel Plattens Fight Song and I am adopting it, because I still have a lot of fight in me.
    Listen to it on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So I’m looking for some advice. For those of you that lost a good amount of weight and then hit a plateau. What did you do to kick your body into overdrive to lose more? I’ve lost 56.6 pounds in about 4 months and have been stuck at the same weight for the last couple weeks.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @SammyKlingler You have lost more rapidly than is really recommended, so your body is probably wondering what is going on and just taking a break. It will start to come off again, don't give up. People have tried all sorts of things to kickstart it again. Some take a week or two off totally and then get back to it and that seems to work for some. But you are averaging roughly about 3 - 3 1/2 lbs per week and that is a lot. We all want it all off like yesterday, but you want to make sure you are doing in a healthful manner.

@KatrenaJ Welcome back! You have had a rough year. But you are back, and have had a good beach trip. I'm envious of your 2.6lb gain on vacation. Usually when I come back, it's more than that! You will get back into the swing of the MFP routine in short order. It's like starting all over again, one meal at a time. You aren't failing to continue or on auto pilot anymore. You came here, didn't you? :) So glad you are back and I pray it's smooth sailing for you now. You've been through enough.

@Original_Sinner Welcome!
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @KATRENAJ Glad to see your back. Sounds like a beach vacation is exactly what you needed. Don't worry about that 2.6 lbs... Vacations are suppose to be worry free and that 2.6 will come off quickly. Figure out a routine for planning your meals and you'll be right back on track. Set your self a mini goal this week... example "I will pre-plan my lunch every day for a week".

@SammyKlingler That is a lot of weight to lose which is awesome!! Congrats! It's common to loose a lot of weight in the beginning and then slow down; even to less then .5 lb a week; as long as the scale is still going down, your doing good. Don't give up. You got this!! It sounds like your body has become accustom to your new lifestyle and needs you to mix it up. I would suggest trying a new workout. What kind of exercise are you doing now?
  • SammyKlingler
    Options
    @b_lisieux I have been doing it a healthful way. I just went from being a low active college kid to a very active job that keeps me moving all day. I didn’t purposely try to lose 4lbs/week that’s just what my body did.
  • SammyKlingler
    Options
    @EmergencyGraphics I currently don’t do any workout other than walking my puppy every day.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    KATRENAJ wrote: »
    It's been a tough year and I really never got started on my goals. I have picked myself up, dusted myself off and miraculously found some motivation. I need to lose weight for my health and self esteem. After being in the shadow of death and recently losing my best friend in a comedy of medical errors, it now seems I find the courage to continue this path.

The truly difficult part is to continue. My major problems are twofold: Failing to Plan and operating on auto pilot. I realize I must plan my meals and have them ready for times when I need to eat and that I have to practice mindfulness each day to prevent "forgetting" what I need to eat. I also need to remember the consequences of my actions and how they affect my body and health, not just today but in the future.

I had a relaxing beach trip last week but came back with 2.6 lb gain. Have been too ill to exercise but now able but have to push myself out the door,

I want and need this challenge.

OOOOH I so understand the failing to plan and operating on autopilot! That's what got us in this situation. I bought meal prep containers from Amazon. They have several styles. I make two recipes, one is a ground chicken baked patty and one is beef stew meat and bell peppers. I enter the recipes as I make them into MFP, figure out a portion that is between 250 and 350 calories, then I portion both out over frozen vegetables. They go into the freezer. I microwave them when I need to eat. Does that mean I eat those things exclusively, every day? Nope. I eat them, chicken for lunch and beef for dinner, MOST days. I am eating for fuel, and being mindful as I eat.
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    So I’m looking for some advice. For those of you that lost a good amount of weight and then hit a plateau. What did you do to kick your body into overdrive to lose more? I’ve lost 56.6 pounds in about 4 months and have been stuck at the same weight for the last couple weeks.

Guessing that the weight you lost is the difference.
    You are not carrying around that extra weight now so your calories eaten have balanced out your calories burned.
    Eating less and/or doing more will result in the scale moving down if you are still overweight.
    I always break through plateaus with a 2-day water fast and extra workouts but that’s not for everyone.
    It restarts the metabolic clock for me.
    Maybe read ‘The Obesity Factor’ by Dr Jason Jung, a Toronto geriatrics expert who is also expert in diet related to disease.
    He has youtube vids as well.
    Good luck and best wishes!
  • EmergencyGraphics
    Options
    @SammyKlingler walking a puppy is a work out. Push your self a little more with it. Change your pace...Walk at a faster pace for a min+ then your normal pace for a min+ and back up to that fast pace. You could also increase your distance or tackle some big hills.
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I found out Lakota is part on an indigenous group of people that are still alive and well. I did not want to use their name out of respect for them as I am not one of them.

Cheers Gabe
  • KATRENAJ
    Options
    Didn't sleep last night. Had to get my niece to hospital by 6:00 AM AND I kept waking up checking the clock. Weighed because I have been faithful since Monday and not a lb dropped. decided not to worry about it. The great thing is that my sugar level has dropped and I am almost in the normal range. That is a big non scale victory for me.

Didn't get out of hospital until noon and the best place I could find to eat was Subway. I had their cold cut combo and tossed one piece of the bread. In retrospect, I should have had turkey instead of cold cuts

Still not exercising

EmergencyG – Thanls for the encourgament.

DebcountsALL - Thanks for the encourgagment. That’s a great idea. This week I baked salmon and am eating that but it will be better to vary the meals by freezing them
  • EmergencyGraphics
    Options
    @KATRENAJ you may not have dropped a lb, but you didn't gain any either. Plus getting your sugars down...Awesome job!! Sounds like you have a lot going on, but your handling it. Keep up the good work!
  • Yennyboops
    Yennyboops Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Am I to late to join the May challenge?
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @debcountsall @KATRENAJ Planning meals is oh so critical. I usually pack 20 almonds in my bag .. but my son raided my almond stash about a week ago and I'm so shocked that I haven't restocked!! The nerve! :)

@SammyKlingler I would say keep food the same and increase activity. Walk the puppy a little longer... use stairs not elevators, I'm sure you know the drill. Do you garden? I recently started using a FITBIT (but of course phone can serve as FITBIT).. I find it helpful to stay focused on just moving.

@B-lisieux Hi. Always so enjoy your kind and encouraging posts.

@KATRENAJ HUGS!!!

@Birder165 Your attentiveness to people each week is an inspiration. Thank you.

@dakota1961 It truly is an addiction. I have tried different nutritionists... all 3 seemed to lack the psychological aspect. If I down a complete bag of hersheys kisses in one sitting, does it really make sense to tell me to eat one a day? Yikes!
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @tdunnegan thanks :smile:
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    tdunnegan wrote: »
    @dakota1961 It truly is an addiction. I have tried different nutritionists... all 3 seemed to lack the psychological aspect. If I down a complete bag of hersheys kisses in one sitting, does it really make sense to tell me to eat one a day? Yikes!

Hahahaha! Oh so many moons ago, I was on Jenny Craig (Wait. Nutrisystem? All of that is a blurr) and they had this huge bag of cheddar flavored "chips" which looked like waffle fries but were light and airy. They were fantastic. We were supposed to eat like 5 of them.

I told them they were crazy, and needed to just incur the cost of single serving packs. The entire room of hopeful weight losers agreed. Loudly.
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    Yennyboops wrote: »
    Am I to late to join the May challenge?

Just jump in! You've only missed a week. Karen started it so we would weigh in weekly on Thursday. Other folks modified the day to fit their already existing weigh days.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    @tdunnegan Thank you!

I've had a very rough week food wise. Even more than normal. For the first time since January, I didn't log ALL my indiscretions nor did I weigh myself including for this morning's weigh-in. (My day for weighing in is Thursday)

I went to the doctor for an earache and she ordered all kinds of tests and some didn't come back normal so instead of pulling up my socks and tighten up my eating I went completely the other way and scarfed down all the foods that I know give me trouble and are "bad" for me. I do not know why I do this! I can't even call it comfort eating because it gives me no comfort when I'm doing it.

Anyway, today was my first day back to normal eating and I hope to have a good week so I can report a loss next week.

I hope EveryOne is doing well and I'll see you All next Thursday!