New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I tried the vanilla Clio bar tonight. I think it's good! Not sure it's worth almost as many caloires as a candy bar. Tastes like tangy cheesecake dipped in decent chocolate. For the almost the same calories as a bar I can eat half a pint of enlightened... lol

What I really want to know is has anyone tried these? They're on ibotta and this is right up my alley! Caramel, vanilla ice cream pretzel and chocolate.

c6isjbutttks.png

I love blue bunny cookies and cream but i think the caramel pretzel is okay then again im baised not much of a pretzel fan.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Anyone try these ? I love their caramel peanut bars but none of the others . I am a huge fan of bday cake anything though.5n031nbsebhx.jpeg
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    7shuwvps6t3c.jpg

Aldis has it's own version of HT!

And the angels at ALDI have blessed us all...
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    7shuwvps6t3c.jpg

Anyone know how many flavors Aldis has?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @hgycta next time you go to Wegmans can you take a picture of which flavors of Jenis they have in the ice cream section?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    @hgycta next time you go to Wegmans can you take a picture of which flavors of Jenis they have in the ice cream section?

I really don’t go too often but sure thing!!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I tried the vanilla Clio bar tonight. I think it's good! Not sure it's worth almost as many caloires as a candy bar. Tastes like tangy cheesecake dipped in decent chocolate. For the almost the same calories as a bar I can eat half a pint of enlightened... lol

What I really want to know is has anyone tried these? They're on ibotta and this is right up my alley! Caramel, vanilla ice cream pretzel and chocolate.

c6isjbutttks.png

I love the bunny snacks cuz to me they're the perfect size so easy to portion control,I'll hafta look for these ones
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    7shuwvps6t3c.jpg

Anyone know how many flavors Aldis has?

I really enjoyed the vanilla bean, it was nice and creamy not overly sweet I did by chance try the mint yet that will be most likely tonight.. these are the only flavors I saw where I live but we also have a very small aldis compared to my neighboring towns
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    In case anyone was wondering, these cereals literally look and taste the exact same. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying, they’re identical! And now I have 3 pounds and 5 ounces of cereal left... in a lactose intolerant household. What have I done.
    3rr5sz4w9djy.jpeg
    4ktcp6n0p00b.jpeg

I couldn't find the Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows so I got this brand instead. It's identical. Post and Malt O Meal are the same company, so the only difference is price and bag.

Now if they would just bring back Cupcake Fruity Pebbles and Marshmallow Alphabits.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hgycta,

I saw the Taco Bell chips at my Shop Rite on an end cap near the ice cream, of all places!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I just wasted nearly $6 on Halo Top just because it was on sale. I haven't had it in a while, but frankly I was always lukewarm on it. Decided to try two new flavors because of the sale (S'mores and Cookies & Cream), and I remember why I don't like it. It's so icy and bland, and I honestly feel like I just ate air. I wanna try one more flavor of theirs (Green Tea Mochi, only because it sounds unique and I LOVE green tea flavored foods), but I think I'll stick to Enlightened.

Traitor... lol... supposedly the caramel macchiato and the candy bar flavor are good. Print out the enlightened coupons and stick with that one
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I just wasted nearly $6 on Halo Top just because it was on sale. I haven't had it in a while, but frankly I was always lukewarm on it. Decided to try two new flavors because of the sale (S'mores and Cookies & Cream), and I remember why I don't like it. It's so icy and bland, and I honestly feel like I just ate air. I wanna try one more flavor of theirs (Green Tea Mochi, only because it sounds unique and I LOVE green tea flavored foods), but I think I'll stick to Enlightened.

I hate their S’mores and 100% agree it’s bland, although I was always a fan of the cookies & cream until Enlightened came along and made the flavor ten times better. Currently, my two favorite Halo Top flavors are the caramel macchiato and mochi green tea. You definitely have to try the green tea - but be warned it doesn’t taste like green tea at all! I HATE green tea because it tastes grassy to me; I personally think Halo Top’s version is a lot sweeter and reminds me more of key lime. The mochi pieces win me over though and the more I have it the more obsessed I become. I hope you find it and like it! I also hope I find those darn Taco Bell chips because I keep checking all those places and can’t find them! What’s with Maryland and being the last to get everything??!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited May 2018
    Options

I tried Enlightened's Movie Night for lunch today & didn't really notice any kind of popcorn taste whatsoever, but the caramel swirls were actually not as artificial tasting as their original caramel flavor. I also loved how it had a lot of chocolate bits. The only annoyance was most of the swirls were stuck on the bottom of the pint, but for the calories it definitely tasted indulgent. Not a flavor I would buy all the time, but if there was a good sale I could see buying it every now & then.

So far out of the Enlightened flavors I've tried

Chocolate Peanut Butter is number one followed by Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Red Velvet, & Triple Chocolate. I didn't care for the Birthday Cake flavor & prefer Halo Top's version.

I went to Weis today to use the coupons posted for Enlightened & bought some more of the Chocolate Peanut Butter pints & one of the Talenti Peanut Butter Fudge sorbetto.
  • skelterhelter
    Options

Traitor... lol... supposedly the caramel macchiato and the candy bar flavor are good. Print out the enlightened coupons and stick with that one

:smiley: LOL, I do feel like I cheated on Enlightened! I definitely will.
  • skelterhelter
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I hate their S’mores and 100% agree it’s bland, although I was always a fan of the cookies & cream until Enlightened came along and made the flavor ten times better. Currently, my two favorite Halo Top flavors are the caramel macchiato and mochi green tea. You definitely have to try the green tea - but be warned it doesn’t taste like green tea at all! I HATE green tea because it tastes grassy to me; I personally think Halo Top’s version is a lot sweeter and reminds me more of key lime. The mochi pieces win me over though and the more I have it the more obsessed I become. I hope you find it and like it! I also hope I find those darn Taco Bell chips because I keep checking all those places and can’t find them! What’s with Maryland and being the last to get everything??!

Thanks for the input on the green tea. I'll definitely like it if it's a little sweeter too. I hope you can find the chips!
  • skelterhelter
    edited May 2018
    Options

I tried Enlightened's Movie Night for lunch today & didn't really notice any kind of popcorn taste whatsoever, but the caramel swirls were actually not as artificial tasting as their original caramel flavor. I also loved how it had a lot of chocolate bits. The only annoyance was most of the swirls were stuck on the bottom of the pint, but for the calories it definitely tasted indulgent. Not a flavor I would buy all the time, but if there was a good sale I could see buying it every now & then.

So far out of the Enlightened flavors I've tried

Chocolate Peanut Butter is number one followed by Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Red Velvet, & Triple Chocolate. I didn't care for the Birthday Cake flavor & prefer Halo Top's version.

I went to Weis today to use the coupons posted for Enlightened & bought some more of the Chocolate Peanut Butter pints & one of the Talenti Peanut Butter Fudge sorbetto.

Cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the Movie Night. It's definitely an indulgent flavor. I want to try the Peanut Butter Cup one because I hear it tastes like Reese's. Does the Caramel Cookie one taste like a Girl Scout Samoa? If it does, I'm so in!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @skelterhelter ... lol

@kellyjellybellyjelly I threw out halo top birthday cake and prefer enlightened. I downed the red velvet in one sitting.

If you guys have a BJs membership, my BJs carries enlightened three packs of the chocolate PB, which is my favorite! And also the brownie cookie dough one, which I also love. $10.99 for the three pack.

Would've been good if they used the butter pecan base for movie night. I really like the butter pecan.

The only enlightened I haven't loved so far are snickerdoodle and bananas foster.