New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    33013119901_64c71a9a28.jpg

Very tasty, but for the size and calories, definitely a rare treat.

Figured I'd repost this and update - it gave me the runs. Sigh.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Just tried the Caramel Filled Peeps and at first I honestly didn't know which one I like more. However, this one becomes more subtle and I think I like the chocolate more (but then again, I didn't microwave this one or try the chocolate one at room temperature). I think I've been eating too much ice cream because this one reminds me of Halo Top's salted caramel ice cream >.> It even has that same small glob of caramel :')
    j7acaw612rsf.jpg

At first glance, that looked like a gnawed on ear full of earwax to me :anguished::joy:

Yeah I thought it looked a little gross, honestly. :s
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    33353220941_fa69cfe27d_z.jpg?resize=550%2C575&ssl=1

I'll pick these up when I can but I am so happy these exist.

33353220081_0ee8746e89_z.jpg?resize=640%2C360&ssl=1
    The key lime Wal Mart Oreos sucked, but I'm a sucker for artificial banana.

Okay - just curious. You guys that buy all this stuff...do you have kids that eat it for you? Large families? I mean, one package of cookies will last me for months, even longer. I don't eat them often, and really am trying to eat less junk, so, while I would love to try some of these things, I'm pretty sure that I would just wind up tossing them in the trash as they would go bad. Do you buy a package to try a couple and then give it away? Take it to work?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Okay - just curious. You guys that buy all this stuff...do you have kids that eat it for you? Large families? I mean, one package of cookies will last me for months, even longer. I don't eat them often, and really am trying to eat less junk, so, while I would love to try some of these things, I'm pretty sure that I would just wind up tossing them in the trash as they would go bad. Do you buy a package to try a couple and then give it away? Take it to work?

I buy a lot of cookies (I actually have like 2 bags worth of back log) and I live alone. I eat a serving or two (or in the case of oreos if I don't like the filling, just the wafers....or one full cookie and one of just the wafers) every night. I keep the open pages of whatever cookies I'm eating in a gallon? quart? size freezer plastic bag thingy to keep it somewhat fresh.

But, if it's something I really don't like but know I'd waste the calories on by eating anyway, I'll throw the package of whatever away.

I, obviously, have no problem eating junk because cookies ain't the only sweets I'm eating at night. :)
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options

I eat them on maintenance days. I try to save 400 calories at the end of the day for it, meaning around 5 Oreos at a time, enough for five days.

I have decided to put a little embargo and only keep one or two packages at a time. Anything I don't really like either gets chuncked or offered to someone at work.
    33013119901_64c71a9a28.jpg

Very tasty, but for the size and calories, definitely a rare treat.

Figured I'd repost this and update - it gave me the runs. Sigh.
    :disappointed:

• Francl27
    Options

My kids typically finish them for me. I just don't buy the stuff that I know they won't eat. I honestly would rather spend my calorie on homemade goods than packaged cookies most of the time.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

I've got a couple of strategies. Depends on how I'm feeling, how active I am at the time.

1) Have one serving a day.
    2) Or, eat as much as I want in one sitting - which is usually 4-5 servings - and do that once a week. Subtract one serving's cals to my cal goal on the other days. Best if I do the banking first rather than after.
    3) Or, eat as much as I want in one sitting but only after a long run, which easily torches the amount I'd typically eat.

Mostly, I haven't cared for the new Oreo flavors and I'll give them away or toss them. The above strategies I use for regular/thin Oreos and Nutter Butters.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

I've got a couple of strategies. Depends on how I'm feeling, how active I am at the time.

2) Or, eat as much as I want in one sitting - which is usually 4-5 servings - and do that once a week. Subtract one serving's cals to my cal goal on the other days. Best if I do the banking first rather than after.
    3) Or, eat as much as I want in one sitting but only after a long run, which easily torches the amount I'd typically eat.

Mostly, I haven't cared for the new Oreo flavors and I'll give them away or toss them. The above strategies I use for regular/thin Oreos and Nutter Butters.

I've done the banking thing too but mostly with calorie bomb things like cakes. Because 200 calories of cake just won't do it for me at all.

In fact, we have a client who loooooooooooooooves to bring us each our own piece of chocolate cake from a restaurant in our building whenever he comes to our office (thank god it's only twice a year) and I just told a coworker I'm gonna need a week's advance notice before he comes in to drop his info off. :)

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So I called two different Shoprites to check for the new Enlightened ice cream. The first didn't have it, the second had the bananas foster and new chocolate peanut butter but said they were only in the back since the shelves didn't have room yet so I went in and asked and got two pints #ThingsWeDoForFood
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I THINK I got my Enlightened "bars" at Weis. Either there or Wegmans, I'd assume.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So I called two different Shoprites to check for the new Enlightened ice cream. The first didn't have it, the second had the bananas foster and new chocolate peanut butter but said they were only in the back since the shelves didn't have room yet so I went in and asked and got two pints #ThingsWeDoForFood

I forgot to tell you that I tried the Triple Chocolate & I love it more than the Halo Top Chocolate! Thanks for the recommendation. Whenever Enlightened is on sale again I'll definitely buy more of that & the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I'm hoping they'll expand the Enlightened section eventually & they'll get all the newer flavors. It seems like it sells decently at least.

I looked for the new Twinkies ice cream at Giant & only saw the novelties so I'm not sure where that other poster found it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    TheRambler wrote: »
    I THINK I got my Enlightened "bars" at Weis. Either there or Wegmans, I'd assume.

I haven't tried the bars yet. Which flavors do you like?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited March 2017
    Options

It's just me that eats the junk food, but if it's something I don't like I have a lot of garbage disposals AKA nieces & nephews who jump at the chance to eat whatever I don't like. If it's something I know they won't enjoy then I put it in the break room & someone at work will take it for the most part. The only thing I remember putting in the break room that everyone hated was this & I don't blame them, because it was honestly one of the worst snack foods I have ever ate.

th?id=OIP.16XgsP5o79FwZ5muQg6_dQEAEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Usually the only things I buy in bulk are my protein bars that I know I'll eat (I'll wait for a sale or a coupon for a particular store) & ice cream. The only time I buy a lot of junk food/snacks is around Christmas since I love so many of the limited time items like the White Fudge Oreos or the different ice creams.

The one store I don't get too upset if I buy something & I don't like it is The Grocery Outlet, because most of the products there are near expiration & especially a lot of snacky foods are usually around $0.99-$2.99.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options

I've only tried the coffee so far. Only so much room in my freezer for this, Halo Top and frozen veggies in steamable bags haha

coffee is VERY refreshing. I love it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    We only have the enlightened in the chocolate ice cream bars around here. We just this last week got three flavors of halo top- I bought the cookies and cream and the oatmeal cookie(very good). I will buy the lemon cake flavor asap- so glad we have finally gotten some of the pints here.
  • Francl27
    Options

I tried the bars before the pints! I like the caramel one, but again... there's always that chemical aftertaste for me that I don't taste in Halo Top (apart from 2 pints so far).
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Lol you'd have to be made of money to be able to buy that stuff regularly.

Exactly what I was thinking! No way am spending 10 bucks on a little bitty pkg of popcorn. I might fall in love with it!!! :p
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    stealthq wrote: »

Yeah I just can't go there. I am terrible with resisting snacks, and have to work really hard stay away. I have done a couple of Oreo thins though, they are very good. I ended up taking the box into work and where they were immediately devoured out of sight. :D
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I forgot to tell you that I tried the Triple Chocolate & I love it more than the Halo Top Chocolate! Thanks for the recommendation. Whenever Enlightened is on sale again I'll definitely buy more of that & the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I'm hoping they'll expand the Enlightened section eventually & they'll get all the newer flavors. It seems like it sells decently at least.

I looked for the new Twinkies ice cream at Giant & only saw the novelties so I'm not sure where that other poster found it.

I wouldn't recommend the peanut butter chocolate chip Enlightened, especially after the Triple Chocolate, it's very underwhelming and subtle. Kind of boring, honestly.
    I was talking about their more recently announced chocolate peanut butter, which looks like yet another one that trumps Halo Top but I'll find that out tonight!
    fqrs24oo091r.png

I'm not a huge ice cream bar person (something about eating it with a spoon is more enjoyable to me) but I've tried their salted caramel bar. Honestly, it tastes no different than their ice cream pints and have the same calories per serving. It's probably the same exact thing just shaped differently. I like when ice cream softens and the swirls start running into each other into a gooey mess, which you can't do too easily with the bars. However, if you get the salted caramel bars they are perfect for conveniently knocking off the stick into a small bowl then pouring a shot of espresso over it for an affogato treat :')