New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I just wasted nearly $6 on Halo Top just because it was on sale. I haven't had it in a while, but frankly I was always lukewarm on it. Decided to try two new flavors because of the sale (S'mores and Cookies & Cream), and I remember why I don't like it. It's so icy and bland, and I honestly feel like I just ate air. I wanna try one more flavor of theirs (Green Tea Mochi, only because it sounds unique and I LOVE green tea flavored foods), but I think I'll stick to Enlightened.

I tried Enlightened's Movie Night for lunch today & didn't really notice any kind of popcorn taste whatsoever, but the caramel swirls were actually not as artificial tasting as their original caramel flavor. I also loved how it had a lot of chocolate bits. The only annoyance was most of the swirls were stuck on the bottom of the pint, but for the calories it definitely tasted indulgent. Not a flavor I would buy all the time, but if there was a good sale I could see buying it every now & then.

So far out of the Enlightened flavors I've tried

Chocolate Peanut Butter is number one followed by Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Red Velvet, & Triple Chocolate. I didn't care for the Birthday Cake flavor & prefer Halo Top's version.

I went to Weis today to use the coupons posted for Enlightened & bought some more of the Chocolate Peanut Butter pints & one of the Talenti Peanut Butter Fudge sorbetto.

Cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the Movie Night. It's definitely an indulgent flavor. I want to try the Peanut Butter Cup one because I hear it tastes like Reese's. Does the Caramel Cookie one taste like a Girl Scout Samoa? If it does, I'm so in!

Enlightened’s caramel cookie doesn’t taste like Samoa’s at all because rather than being chocolate and coconut it’s more oatmeal and cinnamon. I think it’s delicious, but definitely not Girl Scout cookie at all... although that sounds like an absolutely amazing idea for a flavor they should consider! Oh man I would be 100% down with that!
  • hgycta
    Options
    @skelterhelter ... lol

@kellyjellybellyjelly I threw out halo top birthday cake and prefer enlightened. I downed the red velvet in one sitting.

If you guys have a BJs membership, my BJs carries enlightened three packs of the chocolate PB, which is my favorite! And also the brownie cookie dough one, which I also love. $10.99 for the three pack.

Would've been good if they used the butter pecan base for movie night. I really like the butter pecan.

The only enlightened I haven't loved so far are snickerdoodle and bananas foster.

I saw those pints in Bjs, but I broke down the cost per pint and it’s still cheaper to buy them at Shoprite during the $2.88 sale for those who live near one. I was never a fan of the brownie cookie dough, but I agree nothing beats their chocolate PB and they should have totally used the butter pecan base for movie night. Everyone loves that one but I was really disappointed with it :/

I had their red velvet the other night and just look at these glorious globs of cream cheese... Halo Top needs to take notes and step up their mix-in game! This is 90% of why I choose enlightened, I LOVE gooey mix-ins!
    tqbu5rvuvwti.jpeg
    vpajy5lnhwa2.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    @skelterhelter ... lol

@kellyjellybellyjelly I threw out halo top birthday cake and prefer enlightened. I downed the red velvet in one sitting.

If you guys have a BJs membership, my BJs carries enlightened three packs of the chocolate PB, which is my favorite! And also the brownie cookie dough one, which I also love. $10.99 for the three pack.

Would've been good if they used the butter pecan base for movie night. I really like the butter pecan.

The only enlightened I haven't loved so far are snickerdoodle and bananas foster.

I saw those pints in Bjs, but I broke down the cost per pint and it’s still cheaper to buy them at Shoprite during the $2.88 sale for those who live near one. I was never a fan of the brownie cookie dough, but I agree nothing beats their chocolate PB and they should have totally used the butter pecan base for movie night. Everyone loves that one but I was really disappointed with it :/

I had their red velvet the other night and just look at these glorious globs of cream cheese... Halo Top needs to take notes and step up their mix-in game! This is 90% of why I choose enlightened, I LOVE gooey mix-ins!
    tqbu5rvuvwti.jpeg

I haven't bought Red Velvet in awhile! I'll definitely have to buy it next time I need more Enlightened.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    These are really good but super salty. Look at thst sodium almost 2000mg per 1/4c LOL. I eat wayy too much sodium to begin with so I don’t mind, but my boyfriend who watches his sodium won’t even try them. They are resllg good. They taste like really salty taco flavoring. I don’t eat Taco Bell much so I’m not sure if it tastes like their seasoning, but being a salt fan they were delicious to me. s6oo28o0e0d5.jpeg
    2jaruh25joxg.jpeg

That may very well be the saltiest nutrition label i've ever seen!!

this would be so incredibly 'wrong' for my system...I think I'd 'blow up' after a few of these...and the msg is just icing on the cake!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I just wasted nearly $6 on Halo Top just because it was on sale. I haven't had it in a while, but frankly I was always lukewarm on it. Decided to try two new flavors because of the sale (S'mores and Cookies & Cream), and I remember why I don't like it. It's so icy and bland, and I honestly feel like I just ate air. I wanna try one more flavor of theirs (Green Tea Mochi, only because it sounds unique and I LOVE green tea flavored foods), but I think I'll stick to Enlightened.

I tried Enlightened's Movie Night for lunch today & didn't really notice any kind of popcorn taste whatsoever, but the caramel swirls were actually not as artificial tasting as their original caramel flavor. I also loved how it had a lot of chocolate bits. The only annoyance was most of the swirls were stuck on the bottom of the pint, but for the calories it definitely tasted indulgent. Not a flavor I would buy all the time, but if there was a good sale I could see buying it every now & then.

So far out of the Enlightened flavors I've tried

Chocolate Peanut Butter is number one followed by Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Red Velvet, & Triple Chocolate. I didn't care for the Birthday Cake flavor & prefer Halo Top's version.

I went to Weis today to use the coupons posted for Enlightened & bought some more of the Chocolate Peanut Butter pints & one of the Talenti Peanut Butter Fudge sorbetto.

Cool! I'm glad you enjoyed the Movie Night. It's definitely an indulgent flavor. I want to try the Peanut Butter Cup one because I hear it tastes like Reese's. Does the Caramel Cookie one taste like a Girl Scout Samoa? If it does, I'm so in!

Enlightened’s caramel cookie doesn’t taste like Samoa’s at all because rather than being chocolate and coconut it’s more oatmeal and cinnamon. I think it’s delicious, but definitely not Girl Scout cookie at all... although that sounds like an absolutely amazing idea for a flavor they should consider! Oh man I would be 100% down with that!

That would be amazing. I love samoas!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Anyone try these ? I love their caramel peanut bars but none of the others . I am a huge fan of bday cake anything though.5n031nbsebhx.jpeg

I have not seen these yet, but have you tried Robert Irvine's Fir Crunch in Birthday Cake yet? I don't know how they manage to make something so tasty with artificial sweeteners, but there they are...
  • hgycta
    Options
    I just recently discovered that every Friday Giant uploads a free coupon online that you can clip to your card so that when you use it or enter your phone number the item automatically comes off as free. A new coupon is uploaded each Friday, but it doesn’t expire for a couple weeks later! Definitely worth looking into! I don’t know if different locations have different offers, but this is what mine has this week! I never tried them so I’m pretty excited
    55vcpc0i7n19.jpeg
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    s606j4hyf3qa.jpg

I tried the blueberry. It wasnt bad. I probably wouldn't buy again as it didn't satisfy my ice cream craving.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered that every Friday Giant uploads a free coupon online that you can clip to your card so that when you use it or enter your phone number the item automatically comes off as free. A new coupon is uploaded each Friday, but it doesn’t expire for a couple weeks later! Definitely worth looking into! I don’t know if different locations have different offers, but this is what mine has this week! I never tried them so I’m pretty excited
    55vcpc0i7n19.jpeg

Payless (kroger) does the same thing. Usually they are new-ish items, around the cost of a dollar or two. This week it was a lindor chocolate stick, last week an individual bag of Doritos.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Payless (kroger) does the same thing. Usually they are new-ish items, around the cost of a dollar or two. This week it was a lindor chocolate stick, last week an individual bag of Doritos.

Funny, Lindt must be pushing some sales this week... Harris Teeter has "savings alerts" and this weekend they have a free Lindt Lindor chocolate stick (and a free Sola yogurt).
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    55vcpc0i7n19.jpeg

@hgycta

They have been doing this for a long time. I always get them. I've gotten 32 oz of dannon yogurt, 48 oz of organic almond cashew milk, whole jar of cookie butter, chobani yofurt, aria cream cheese, a kind snack, a Godiva candy bar, all kinds of good stuff. Mine has this candy and also stop and shop flip yogurt this time. Just loaded them.

By the way, the candy bars I sent you say they were delivered about an hour ago!!! Check your mail!
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    55vcpc0i7n19.jpeg

I ordered this in to my local Target because they weren't in my area and I'm obsessed with s'mores. I really wish the marshmallows weren't so hard. It's good but a nice fluffy marshmallow would make it so much better. Also, they don't have gelatin (because the marshmallows aren't real marshmallows) so if anybody is a vegetarian who avoids gelatin and usually misses out on all the s'mores stuff, you can try these, but they aren't vegan.
  • cdudley628
    Options
    I went to Market Basket and was able to find all the Clio bar flavors. I also found Market Basket's limited edition s'mores chocolate bar!!!!! 50 cents each, 250 calories. Haven't tried them, but I will eat at least half of a bar tonight. The Clio bars will need to wait until I'm done with the s'mores bars. I still haven't tried the hazelnut Clio that I bought last week. I picked up blueberry, strawberry, honey, and vanilla this time. Espresso was sold out but I wouldn't have gotten it anyway.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Blech. There is no flavor to this stuff. None. And it’s HARD as a rock, like someone else said. Never again.
    iyeb5h1r69cj.jpeg
    w8lh3nur8trg.jpeg
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @skelterhelter ... lol

tqbu5rvuvwti.jpeg
    vpajy5lnhwa2.jpeg

OK, so Arctic Zero is still my low-calorie option, but this may have to find its way into my freezer. Thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Orange-Vanilla-Cream-MM%E2%80%99s.jpg?resize=550%2C415&ssl=1

Great-Value-Sweet-Lemon-Cream-Ice-Cream-Cone.jpg?resize=474%2C600&ssl=1

Anyone try either of these?
  • cdudley628
    Options
    The Market Basket s'mores bar isn't worth it. No marshmallow flavor or pieces. Extremely cheap chocolate, tastes like advent calendar chocolate. At least it basically got the graham part right. 1/10.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    iv5ozl1ru4ob.jpeg
    litlgkjrb1q4.jpeg
    I bought a box of these because the flavor sounded delicious and unique. Chocolate, pb and strawberry. I was hoping they'd be reminiscent of my favorite curate bars that were sadly discontinued. These ones.. 71-65ifARjL._SY355_.jpg

But these were not good at all. The strawberry flavor was very fake tasting and I couldn't really taste anything besides an overwhelmingly powerful bitter medicine like strawberry taste. 1/10 Would not buy again. Might return rest of the box lol.