August Cycling Challenge: 150 miles, 1 month

Options

Replies

• JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm in for this month as well. Another 150 before my trip to the cottage - Labor day weekend. Should be a challenge because I am also trying to start Insanity this month - whenever the DVD's arrive. Here we go!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    todays ride: 25.1

total for the month: 134.6
  • carbonboy
    carbonboy Posts: 729
    Options
    Did 40 miles tonight at our local Thursday night training race. Well, 27 of that is the race, and then 13 miles to get there and back. Still makes for a hard night.
  • 6Alsmom
    6Alsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    As of this morning--108 miles.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    11.30 mi today. Updated ticker below
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    no riding today...fighting off a cold!!!
  • carbonboy
    Options
    no riding today...fighting off a cold!!!

Yeah, that's definitely been going around. Feel better.
  • DurdenCycles
    DurdenCycles Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did a nice 18 mile spin this morning. I'm going to ride 125 miles at a local century tomorrow. I sure hope it goes well.
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Today's Miles = 19.06. Good ride today. Working hard each week to put money aside for a road bike as I'd like to really increase the distance I go (plus I am riding on the street anyway and no paths/trails at the moment). Total miles updated in the ticker!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I did a nice 18 mile spin this morning. I'm going to ride 125 miles at a local century tomorrow. I sure hope it goes well.

Good luck! Centuries are a good time!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    All this mileage updating is very motivating guys, and HUGE THANKS to all who answered my saddle question. I'll get a better one as soon as I'm ready to put more mileage in. I believe having lost weight has helped with how much it hurts. So I'll lose some more before spending on a new one.

My mileage so far: 81 miles.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Road 32 miles today; total of 267 miles for the month.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Out again today, same loop, but a good 2 minutes quicker :smile:

9/8//2011 11.2 miles per the Garmin 705.
    13/8/2011 another 11.2 miles - 127.6 to go
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    has not been a great week for me as far as cycling goes. got one ride in earlier this week, and nothing since between work and the rain in the evenings.

got 30 done this morning. 150 for the month so far.
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Rode 20.29miles .... updated total in banner
  • carbonboy
    Options
    78 Miles today with a bit of climbing. Now I need to eat, soak, and nap. I am whipped.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Hi

Nice to see other enthusiastic cyclists on here :)
    I am doing ok for August, so far at 397.37 miles. Hope to hit another 600+ month!
  • mattellis2
    Options
    78 Miles today with a bit of climbing. Now I need to eat, soak, and nap. I am whipped.

how come i get a feeling a "bit of climbing" is 2000+ feet of elevation change? ;) i am envious of your conditioning. my 30 miles with our mole hills here in georgia were enough for me this morning.
  • DurdenCycles
    DurdenCycles Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't do the 125. I did do the 100 with 4800 feet of climbing. I felt good and finished in 5:35. Ever heard the saying, "hot like GA asphalt ?" I experienced that today. I saw temps on the road of 107 degrees. I was able to spend about 4700 calories today. I sure hope everyone has a great cycling weekend, no matter what distance. Gotta go. I hear my friends, Ben and Jerry, calling. Been waiting a while for their call.
  • mattellis2
    Options
    hah, that is awesome! 4700 calories? enjoy that ice cream!