Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have an "Ugh, it's not fair" instance for being a woman over 40. I logged a bike ride on Strava last night. It was approximatley 12.5 miles in under an hour, not super fast but not too shabby. Strava told me that I burned 280 calories in that time. A young guy (maybe late 20's) logged an almost exact ride yesterday too and it showed he burned 450 calories....

So not fair :'(

And I wonder why it's so hard to lose weight when you are a woman, older, and in my case, short.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    in my late 40's and just packed on about 7 extra pounds in the last few months......feel free to add me also! needing to get motivated again..was in maintenance for a few years and i guess slacked up too much!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    I have an "Ugh, it's not fair" instance for being a woman over 40. I logged a bike ride on Strava last night. It was approximatley 12.5 miles in under an hour, not super fast but not too shabby. Strava told me that I burned 280 calories in that time. A young guy (maybe late 20's) logged an almost exact ride yesterday too and it showed he burned 450 calories....

And I wonder why it's so hard to lose weight when you are a woman, older, and in my case, short.

Totally understand, it's just not fair!!! It seems so much harder for us women :/:/
  • gela130
    gela130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hello all! I have used the site for years but recently have been more consistent and would love feedback and support from others:) looking to lose around 12 but aiming for good health more than anything- set my rate at 1/2 lb a week and am trying to get a workout in daily- and I count 10 minutes as a workout:) good luck to everyone here!
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you didn't already know the "bookmark" facility is now working again.
  • abbyjack2
    abbyjack2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started out the week with some good weight loss results, but things have gone awry yesterday and today. Gotta keep fighting the good fight....
  • Spaffdavidson
    Spaffdavidson Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    abbyjack2 wrote: »
    I started out the week with some good weight loss results, but things have gone awry yesterday and today. Gotta keep fighting the good fight....

Look at the positives of the week and go on from there. Keep fighting for what you want.
  • cdnelson0102
    cdnelson0102 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am turning 44 this month and trying to lose ten more pounds. I struggled to lose five. We can lose together. Add me so we can be friends.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options

He probably weighs a lot more than you... I would take the lower calorie count over that any day!
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

He probably weighs a lot more than you... I would take the lower calorie count over that any day!

Maybe but not by much. He's not a big guy. I think it's just age and gender.
  • _faedreamer
    _faedreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 44 in August, married with no children and due to health reasons (and wanting cute clothes reasons!) I'm here to lose roughly 80 pounds. I lost 40 of the 120 I needed to lose and kept it off thank goodness, but have stalled and gone off the rails in the last year. Time to get back on and finish this journey! I'd love some friends to encourage and motivate each other every day, so feel free to add me! My diary is open to friends. :)
  • abbyjack2
    Options
    I didn't do so well, eating wise, this pasta weekend. It was Mother's Day weekend so I will let it slide this time. But now ready to start the week getting back on track.
  • jothedog
    jothedog Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely ladies I'm 46 how did that happen? Please feel free to add me as a friend. Got about 2 stone to lose and need all the help I can get! Xxx
  • Spaffdavidson
    Options
    I didn't do so well, eating wise, this pasta weekend. It was Mother's Day weekend so I will let it slide this time. But now ready to start the week getting back on track.

I'm in the same boat! But back at it today. On Saturday I did my meal preps, have lots of things in the freezer and I'm ready for the week ahead!! :):):):):)
  • Spaffdavidson
    Options
    And now someone just brought in TIM HORTONS COOKIES!!!! :s:s:s I'm just going to hide in my office till I'm done . I will not have a cookie!!!!
  • abbyjack2
    Options
    I turned down some fruit danishes that someone bought in. Had some beef jerky and an apple for a snack and had some leftover fish for lunch. Just gotta fight the good fight:)
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies. Happy Mothers Day (a day late). I did nothing exercise wise all weekend. But today is a new day and a new week.
  • Spaffdavidson
    Options
    ltlsnbl75 wrote: »
    Happy Monday ladies. Happy Mothers Day (a day late). I did nothing exercise wise all weekend. But today is a new day and a new week.

Exactly!!! Start with a fresh slate!!! :):):):)
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I turned down some fruit danishes that someone bought in. Had some beef jerky and an apple for a snack and had some leftover fish for lunch. Just gotta fight the good fight:)

Way to stay strong!