40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Cosgrove workout day 1. Front squats and such. Glad that is done. :)

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    i walked last night - it was so gorgeous out! But the mosquitoes have officially arrived and I have bites everywhere. Yikes!

Today, I lifted heavy, so I feel great about spending the rest of my workday out on my deck!! I love that I can work from ANYWHERE....it is great in the summer - and even in the dark of winter, I can head to the gym and have a hot tub and work from there - ha ha.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    i walked last night - it was so gorgeous out! But the mosquitoes have officially arrived and I have bites everywhere. Yikes!

Today, I lifted heavy, so I feel great about spending the rest of my workday out on my deck!! I love that I can work from ANYWHERE....it is great in the summer - and even in the dark of winter, I can head to the gym and have a hot tub and work from there - ha ha.

While I most often work at my standing desk, I often work in bed and have occasionally worked from the shady backyard hammock that hangs from the kids' treehouse. One of the many perks of working remotely. :)
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

Pretty consistent workout week for me, and off to my favorite track (Laguna Seca) tomorrow!

Sounds like a blast! Hope to see photos with you on the podium next week!

Love that track as a spectator. Saw some Can-Am races and Superbike races there long ago. Now you've got me thinking about a mini-vacay to watch some races.

WSBK and MotoAmerica are there the end of June ;)

This was just a track day for me (no podiums to fight for). Struggling with transmission/shifting issues all day going from 4th into 5th gear. I think it's mechanical, but electrical hasn't been ruled out. I'm back there again this next Monday, so I will load up both bikes and see WTH I can figure out and narrow this down to one or the other.

Day was definitely a workout though - dang that track took a lot out of me! Tired and sore for a few days after, feeling much better today after a good night's sleep last night.

Still had a good time, and still pulled a PB out despite the shifting issues!
    xfgp23qb6phh.jpg
    d4xddkkhp3du.jpg

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Focus T25: Speed 3.0"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 17/26! WRECKED NOW! :o

Did you lift your arms at all the rest of the day?
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    This morning's workout - a barbell pyramid. 3-4-5-6-7-6-5-4-3

Deadlift
    Bent row
    Clean
    Front squat
    Overhead press
    Back squat
    Good morning

That was fun. HAHA! We had not done this workout for a couple of months.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Pretty consistent workout week for me, and off to my favorite track (Laguna Seca) tomorrow!

Sounds like a blast! Hope to see photos with you on the podium next week!

Love that track as a spectator. Saw some Can-Am races and Superbike races there long ago. Now you've got me thinking about a mini-vacay to watch some races.

WSBK and MotoAmerica are there the end of June ;)

This was just a track day for me (no podiums to fight for). Struggling with transmission/shifting issues all day going from 4th into 5th gear. I think it's mechanical, but electrical hasn't been ruled out. I'm back there again this next Monday, so I will load up both bikes and see WTH I can figure out and narrow this down to one or the other.

Day was definitely a workout though - dang that track took a lot out of me! Tired and sore for a few days after, feeling much better today after a good night's sleep last night.

Still had a good time, and still pulled a PB out despite the shifting issues!
    xfgp23qb6phh.jpg
    d4xddkkhp3du.jpg

Love these photos!

Makes me want to get on a bike again. I sold my ZX-7R over a decade ago and still regret it.
  • monicad70
    monicad70 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm new here. How do o I join the group?
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    monicad70 wrote: »
    I'm new here. How do o I join the group?

Nothing to do, Monica. Just post here in the thread - your workouts, hobbies, accomplishments, etc. Anything you'd like to share.

They don't check your ID, so we'll just assume you meet the 40+ threshold. HAHA! :D
  • alteredsteve175
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    I don't post a lot, but last weekend I had a powerlifting competition. I had a bit of trouble with the squat, but ended up with a 75kg squat, 45kb bench, and 125kg deadlift. Took a few days off to eat back up and rest. Today I am back on my nutrition program and looking forward to bench and squat tonight. I will be hitting below parallel on ALL squats. :)

Well done, QD! Awesome deadlift!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Less Mills COMBAT: COMBAT 30 Kick Start"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 17/26! WRECKED NOW! :o

Did you lift your arms at all the rest of the day?
    was a struggle. I may try out the P90X one on one 30/15! :o

• BettyM1017
    edited May 2018
    Options
    "Less Mills COMBAT: COMBAT 30 Kick Start"=Done!

One of my favorites! I don't know if it's the workout or the music that I like more, lol!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Peak week has been interesting so far. Between the rain and humidity, camp has been very wet! The humidity was so bad on Tuesday I felt like I was running through water. Heading out for some hill sprints today. Hopefully it won't be too ugly out there. Maybe I'll just use the treadmill!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday kids. Sorry for the hiatus. Trying to find a new gym home once again. I wish I had the motivation to workout at home. I tried throughout my life to create an ideal home gym and then I NEVER use it. Have a great weekend.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    Wow, I did not know you had a home gym, caramel!

My hubby (an introvert) wants “us” to create a home gym. But I know I prefer my cardio in a group setting. I also know that while I am an introvert when I lift weights, I still like access to all the big equipment the gym can provide!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    ST for about 70 minutes the past couple days. Lots of walking on Wednesday. This weekend is all about getting ready for Monday, gotta re-assemble the race bike, and swap some parts between the bikes Sunday morning, and work the part time gig both days too (although I'll be putting in my notice to that on June 1).