40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    So...up and down a small, Rocky Mountain...and a tower on top...with a sandbag! Done now!gwbnogzum1dx.jpeg
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and abs
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    So...up and down a small, Rocky Mountain...and a tower on top...with a sandbag! Done now!gwbnogzum1dx.jpeg

You beast! Great work!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    thanks. little sore today but that may be my new Saturday thing for a while. now that I said that, expect rain every Saturday from now until Doomsday! :p

rest day. gotta do the dreaded grocery shopping and the also dreaded food prep for the week. but first, pants! :s

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ~~waves to all the new people!! Welcome! ~~
    **Kudos to all those logging their activity! Way to be accountable**

Didn't log much yesterday because I was exhausted. Yesterday was SUP race day...(and today will be another post-race rest day).

1hour 20 minutes of cardio and 3.85 miles of racing - Done (20.7 minute miles). Thought my times were super bad since I was at the end of the pack, but actually it was just the race field was fast and the conditions were so much better than last year. I did lose some steam near the end (I was trying for sub 20 minute miles like in my first race this month) and need to figure out why I lost steam, since I was staying hydrated and made sure I ate some bars before going out. Although this was my fourth race in three weeks so it could just be my body is just plain tired. It's been a very aggressive race month locally (usually we get ~2 races / month max) and the conditions in the previous two races were challenging with high winds and swells, which beat me up a bit. Yesterday was beautiful with low chop, though the wind picked up near the end of my race. Still any day on the water is a great day.

So checking in for my fitness goals...
    1. Work out goals:
    -- 4 races completed for the month! Hallelujiah!
    -- Accomplished cardio at least 4 times this past week (think it was actually 5 total)
    -- Didn't do my strength training with bands goal. Will work on it for this upcoming week.
    -- 2 days of Kettlebell done this past week.
    -- Missed the plank challenge yesterday, but otherwise on track.
    2. Still working on my macro tracking, but it's going in the right direction highlighting areas where I need to boost/adjust my intake.
    3. Success at drinking over 8 glasses of water a day for the whole week.
    4. Still working on 7-9 hours of sleep a night, had a couple days under 7 this past week.

All in all a positive healthy week. Now, to repeat this pattern and do it better this week!!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy very Game of Thrones!

HIIT- mile on TM as fast as I could done 3 times, each mile separated by 2 strength moves.

On to watch some high school rodeo the next 2 days in the rain and mud.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Game of Thrones" huh? well...that explains a LOT, LOL!!

"INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Speed & Agility"=Done! HOLY CRAP!! THAT'S A MONSTER!!! if I could get a dollar for every time I kicked or tripped on that damn ladder...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Chest & Tris=Done! that's rough goin' in tired. managed to maintain weights on everything and went up on incline fly! lots of dips at the end. burnt!
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!! I am interested in joining this group as well. I am 43 years old and about 80lbs overweight. I am lazy at tracking and everything else for that matter, and that is going to stop today!!:)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Imma need some caffeine if I'm going to try week 8 day 1 today....
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Already walked 2 miles today. I know it isn't much, but it is for me here lately. Hopefully, I will at least a 30 minute work out in gym today before class tonight. Starting the week out right!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Strength"=Done!
  • Ramlupa
    Ramlupa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Can I join in with you guys? Just joined the 40 club
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    LEGS=DONE!

Wow leg day and insanity in one day!
  • alishaspringle
    alishaspringle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I over ate my calorie count today, but . . . I finished a 40-minute kick-butt kickboxing workout. This is progress!

RespecttheKitty, way to go on the C25K!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Back to Core"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    narak_lol wrote: »
    LEGS=DONE!

Wow leg day and insanity in one day!
    trying to keep up with the weights. don't wanna "lose my gains". :p