40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Just finished a brutal month of travel and five weekends booked full in a row. Tired
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Success two days in a row! Yay me! My found intake wasn't the best but wasn't terrible, but the great part was that I did 3 miles in 43 minutes yesterday and felt amazing afterwards! I am feeling it today though. Lord, my legs and hips are sooooo sore. LOL! It's so worth it. That is a huge deal for me!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I've been on a short vacation and now I'm sick, so not a lot of working out and enjoyed many treats I don't normally have so I'm pretty happy that the scale is the same. Think my only workout today will be walking to/from work and then back to kickboxing tomorrow, self defence Friday and kettlebell Saturday. Normally it's kettlebell and kickboxing on Saturday but I've booked myself solid! Volunteered to help set up at my kids school fun fair and then I have a private self defence class and I need to bake the cupcakes and get the stuff and assemble goodie bags somewhere along the line for my 9 year olds birthday party Saturday night!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Back & Traps=Done! Back to Back...er, Back. that may have been dumb. I DID hose off in between though. somthin' was stanky!
    is it to late to stay in bed today?
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was legs.
    Today was back and biceps and a run.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    C25k week 8 day 2 complete. One more day, and then I get to work on improving my speed.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Just popping in before I head to bed. Big day of exercise. New strength routine - not crazy about it, followed by an 18km run. First half was good, last half was hot, and lots of nasty black flies. Expended so much energy trying to swat them away.

Sunday did 4 hours of hiking. It was a perfect day for a hike. Sunny and warm. Great workout - lots of climbing.

Attempted the 18k run on Monday, but it was a scorcher. Managed half of it, but then gaffed. Was walking back when my husband came by and rescued me - thank you honey! :)

Will catch up with you all tomorrow.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello and good evening everyone! Today I have officially lost 10 lbs (143 early Mar > 133 today). So excited!

My goal is 125 so at the same time, I have entered the "dreaded last 10 lbs"... It is the lightest I have ever been for a loooong time and I am fearing I will gain them back... Ah well just keep the eating and exercise pattern and see how things go...
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Vertical Plyo"=Done! YIKES! :s
  • narak_lol
    Options
    Lifting day - a random mix of chest press/overhead press/lateral raise/bent over row/squats/sumo squats - all performed using dumbbells as it is a small community gym no bars available but it is more than enough for me at the moment B)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Bis & Tris=WRECKED!
  • abbyweaver1975
    abbyweaver1975 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good morning ya'll!!!! Hoping today goes well for everyone. I didn't start out so well. Ate a sausage biscuit for breakfast :( My friend thought she was being nice and surprised me. Love her but...... anyways I will just do better the rest of the day. I am looking forward to working out this afternoon. I have already did a quick mile walk today. Wish me luck! I will let you know what kind of torture my trainer has for me. LOL! Have a great day everyone!!!
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    30 minute HIIT TM run then chest and triceps.

Second 10k run of the season on Saturday. It is our small local hospital fundraiser run. You can run 2.5 to 10k. I am the only one running the 10k for the third year in a row. Kinda sad.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Feeling quite wiped out after yesterday's run. Skipped the gym at lunch today, instead went for a 30 minute walk outside (it's quite nice out). I'll be bowling tonight so that'll be a few more calories burned (yes, I stay away from the beer!).
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 1 Relief"=Done!
  • narak_lol
    Options
    60to35 wrote: »
    30 minute HIIT TM run then chest and triceps.

Second 10k run of the season on Saturday. It is our small local hospital fundraiser run. You can run 2.5 to 10k. I am the only one running the 10k for the third year in a row. Kinda sad.

Have fun tomorrow! I bet some would regret that they didn't sign up for the longer distances - the more the merrier right :)

No exercise for me today as the tropical cyclone signal is in effect so better not ride while I am still sore from the lifting yesterday. Hope the weather will improve tomorrow ^^

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! MIA again! Working full time is killing me!!! Only half day today so off I go to Bikram. Haven't been in almost 4 weeks. Wish me luck!

Welcome to all new members!!! Thank you to all who post regularly!! One of these days I will be more consistent! Agh!!!!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Weekly update:
    Today's Weigh in: 146.2 lbs (down 3 pounds since start)
    Measurements down about an inch on each of Chest/Waist/Hips since start.

Status of Goals ~~
    1. Work out goals:
    • Already got in my Cardio 4 times / week (although it was pretty light cardio this week - just walking and gazelle ~ hope to hit the water for some paddling today)
    • No strength training or kettlebell this week. Need to get back on track with these.
    • Had to restart the 30 day plank challenge since I missed so many days earlier in the week. Back on track.
    2. Doing well on eating under my calorie goals, continuing to try to meet my macro ratios.
    3. Drank 8 or more glasses of water each day.
    4. Working on sleeping more than 7 hours; had a couple nights where I was under. Some days I was able to get naps or force myself back to sleep to make up the deficit, but a couple days I just couldn't.

Was a tough hormonal week with lots of curling up with a heating pad early in the week. But able to keep moving in spite of it all, and dropped the bloat weight. End of week success with both the scale and tape measure makes moving forward easier. :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Good morning ya'll!!!! Hoping today goes well for everyone. I didn't start out so well. Ate a sausage biscuit for breakfast :( My friend thought she was being nice and surprised me. Love her but...... anyways I will just do better the rest of the day. I am looking forward to working out this afternoon. I have already did a quick mile walk today. Wish me luck! I will let you know what kind of torture my trainer has for me. LOL! Have a great day everyone!!!

Don't beat yourself up over a sausage biscuit. Focus on your calorie intake for the day, and trying to keep your macros on track. It's less about that one meal, and more about balance in your day. Could you eat 'cleaner'...sure...but don't don't stress out over one meal. Over the long haul, one meal isn't really going to matter much, as long as you stay on track otherwise.