JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes.
    2. Enter assessment. Begin entering back work. Check with J about student list. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Piecing Me Together.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Email C's parent about re-assessment.
    5. Gym after school for strength class. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2? Check on when gym membership will run out.
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.

JFT Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM run - 4 sets of 2 laps running / 1 lap walking. Use stopwatch to check run times. Walk to 30 minutes. Maybe? Maybe a rest day.
    2. Enter back work. Enter listening grades. Talk to S about assessment types. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Akata Warrior.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 10 lunges each leg, 70 sec plank, 40 sec forward fold, 20 sec triangle each side, 40 sec down dog, 30 sec crane/tree/warrior 3 each leg, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. Steps at school to 7k; aim for 10.
    4. Divide up reflections with units and courses. Review standards and assign to units. Create assessments that align to standards. Email C's parent about re-assessment and ongoing work.
    5. Yoga 6 PM. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2? PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Meds before dinner. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So for the rest of the night, I will:

-Pick up groceries :)That store was nicer than the one I usually go to. They're renovating mine at the moment. I really hope it's as nice.
    -Pick up the DH :)
    -Finish laundry/fold clothes :)Actually doze off while doing it
    -Dinner/Dishes :)
    -DH time :)

JFT, 5/14/18

1. Up by 530 :/Just couldn't manage it. I'm pretty positive that I'm not pregnant now. I dont have any of the symptoms. I think they may have all been psychosomatic last week
    2. LabCorp by 6 :/My body demanded sleep instead
    3. Breakfast(Maybe) :/Didnt wake up with enough time
    4. Meditate/Pray(Need to start doing this again!) :/See #3
    5. Work 8:15-515(going to try and leave early) :)Left at 4. Had a good day.
    6. Pick up order :)
    7. Make calls to junk Acura! :/Going to do this over the weekend. There's no point trying to figure out a time that someone will be home during the week when the DH and I will both be home this weekend.
    8. Dinner/Dishes :)Made the Skillet Lasagna again. @Snowflake1968 I just remembered that you asked me for the recipe! I'll post the link below
    9. Pick up living room :|I think we watched YouTube videos all evening. Although I did clean up the kitchenette a bit.
    10. Tech off by 10:15 :DCant remember
    11. Face/Teeth :DWe both passed out on the couch and then dragged ourselves to bed. We barely remembered to take out nighttime meds. Lol
    12. Bed by 11 :|Probably closer to 11:30 but honestly I can't even remember. Lol
    Was back another 3 pages today. I read about half of the posts yesterday before the DH demanded my attention. Lol. But I am finally caught up!

We had a really good day today. Work was pretty slow business wise but the day flew for me. It seems to do that a lot. We had a couple come in to open a joint checking .5 hours before we closed. They were still there when we locked the doors at 5. The Laura's let me leave at 5 since everything was done and there was no point in all three of us sitting there. It was 90F when I left work today! I forgot to turn the air on before I left so it was a sauna in the house when the DH got home. As you know, I live in a tiny house but when it's that hot out it takes a long time to get cool. We also have a whole bunch of windows in the living room that the sun beats down onto.

The DH's store is literally the best in the company. Out of 700 stores, his got perfect score numbers wise for the first quarter. That has never happened before. So they are having a big party/celebration tomorrow. The president and vice president of the company will be there. He is a huge part of the reason that the store did so well. He's kind of an unofficial manager there. I hope that he gets the credit he deserves.

Tomorrow I dont think anything is going to happen(for once!). DH closes so I'll be home by myself. I will probably use it to clean and catch up on some reading. Im actually kind of excited. I usually dont like being home alone all evening but I've been so busy every night the DH closes the last couple of weeks it will be nice to have some time to myself.

Okay!

So onward!

JFT, 5/16/18

1. Up @ 530
    2. Gym @ 6
    3. Work 815-515
    4. Prelog meals
    5. Clean living room/bathroom
    6. Prep things to move to the front
    7. Drop off dress
    8. Prep salad things
    9. Divvy up snacks
    10. Tech off by 11
    11. Face/Teeth
    12. Bed by 12

I think that is good for tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    So apparently 5 of the 7 lb I gained on holiday fell off overnight - yay! I knew I couldn't have actually gained 7lb of 'real' weight, but didn't expect that much to fall off immediately. Means that overall I'm only 2lb up, which I don't think is bad going for two weeks of overeating!!!

Yesterday's commitments:

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Pre-log and stick to food plan :smile: I didn't eat everything on it, either!
    - Drink 2 bottles of water :smiley: 2.5!
    - May challenge: 15+ minutes walking :smile:
    - Stop work by 5.30pm :neutral: 5.45, but then spent 1 hour clearing out my desk whilst waiting for my French class. We are moving to 'smart working' next week where we can vary our hours but don't have a fixed desk. Hence I need to clean out 2.5 years worth of accumulated stuff.... didn't quite get through it all so may have to spend more time in the day on it on Friday!
    - Make decision on job application :smile:
    - Make decision on politics motion :smile:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Drink 2 bottles of water
    - May challenge: 15+ minutes walking (to work)

- 30 minute lunch break (French/ life admin)
    - French podcast + article + book
    - Focus on key priority (ignore desk clearing)
    - Read emails at set points only
    - LEAVE work by 5.40
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Water my flowers and garden :)
    6. Go to the gym :)
    7. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Laundry
    6. Go to the gym
    7. Finish 3 orders from my shop
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Stay in cals :)
    4. Eat lunch outside or with window open >:) The very moment I got to the door the sky opened up and started pouring. I ate lunch at the window and opened it later in the afternoon
    5. 10 squats each bathroom trip :)
    6. Contact cousin re: house :)
    7. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet >:)
    8. Finish drawings :)
    9. Spool valve specs? >:)
    10. 10 each for 365 days of happy - that deadline is fast approaching!!! :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Meds AM and PM
    2. Log all food
    3. Stay in cals
    4. Stay under sodium
    5. Eat lunch outside
    6. Empty 2 drawer file cabinet
    7. Do no harm but take no *kitten*
    8. 10 wall push ups every bathroom trip
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options

Thank you! I think this may be my Sunday dinner this week!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday May 15
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Swim Tonight? - :| Decided not to, got a walk in at lunch

JFT - Wednesday May 16
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Find some exercise time tonight

My husband's schedule has changed yet again. Last year he worked evenings and they were apparently really hoping he would do that this year as well. He is willing to, but when he asked for days they gave it to him. He is training some people to work evenings now so his schedule keeps changing every 5 minutes. I guess I'll see what happens this weekend. The girls and I were hoping he would keep Jonah on Monday so we could go to an antique sale without him. Looks like Jonah is going to have to join us girls I'll bribe him with something to make it worth his while. :D

My legs are feeling better today, the muscles in the calves are still very tight but they aren't hurting so that's a bonus!

Funny Story - I was on a message board the other day I can't remember which one. Anyway, someone made a comment that was encouraging and someone else hit the Woo button. The original poster questioned why the Woo. I said doesn't Woo mean "woohoo", "great job"? Several people came back and said no it means, woo as in not scientifically proven, bunk. I guess I've been insulting a lot of people without even knowing it LOL
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Recap T 5/15 ~ annual workplace Health Risk Assessment at 8:15 a.m. (fasting blood draw) + rest day since couldn't work out before HRA = Nurses were impressed by my changes since last year. :blush: Waist measurement was the smallest it's been since 2007 according to past HRA records. Whoop! :smiley: Had to promote MFP & my MFP community, of course ~ I couldn't have done it without you! <3:smiley:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 7,694 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 28 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green / monitor usual / maybe 1 beer tonight = Net calories -142 (not too bad for rest day), sodium green (YAY), sugar -3, fiber & protein a little low & 13c water :smiley:
    3) Edit PA initiation memo & give to Admin for distribution :# couldn't as G drive had to be shut down to fix issues & no access to doc / complete prep for Th seminar :smiley: even prepped for June event since limited access to systems for 5 hours
    4) Evening: spread mulch around daffodils & roses :/ too lazy / trim around lilies & black-eyed susans then mulch :/ ditto / make hummingbird syrup & fill feeders :smiley: & topped up birdbaths / meal plan & grocery list :/ no ideas or ambition to think
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :smiley: except closing MFP diary / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / reset alarm for W a.m. walk :D almost forgot this! / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:

JFT W 5/16
    1) Walked dog before work on BEAUTIFUL morning / 3.07 mi 53:07 pace 17:17 / remembered to stretch = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Leftovers day / net calories green / monitor usual
    3) Edit PA initiation memo & give to Admin for distribution / finish summaries for Monday's observations / edit CPE template for incoming Pres signature / out of office message for Th / take projector & admin box for Th
    4) Evening: get speaker's check from mailbox left by Treas. / BRUSH DOG / at least 1 - 2 to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / check alarm for time ~ need to leave home Th 7:20 a.m. / bed & TV off 10:15
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

Funny Story - I was on a message board the other day I can't remember which one. Anyway, someone made a comment that was encouraging and someone else hit the Woo button. The original poster questioned why the Woo. I said doesn't Woo mean "woohoo", "great job"? Several people came back and said no it means, woo as in not scientifically proven, bunk. I guess I've been insulting a lot of people without even knowing it LOL

On this board lots of us use 'woo' as 'woo hoo' - this was discussed a little while ago actually but think this was before you joined!

So woo away! (Perhaps we should reiterate this occasionally for newbies)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday May 15
    2L of Water - :)
    Stay in Green - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Swim Tonight? - :| Decided not to, got a walk in at lunch

JFT - Wednesday May 16
    2L of Water
    Stay in Green
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Write in Journal
    Find some exercise time tonight

My husband's schedule has changed yet again. Last year he worked evenings and they were apparently really hoping he would do that this year as well. He is willing to, but when he asked for days they gave it to him. He is training some people to work evenings now so his schedule keeps changing every 5 minutes. I guess I'll see what happens this weekend. The girls and I were hoping he would keep Jonah on Monday so we could go to an antique sale without him. Looks like Jonah is going to have to join us girls I'll bribe him with something to make it worth his while. :D

My legs are feeling better today, the muscles in the calves are still very tight but they aren't hurting so that's a bonus!

Haha the ‘woo’ is cryptic on mfp!
    I use it as a woohoo!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

On this board lots of us use 'woo' as 'woo hoo' - this was discussed a little while ago actually but think this was before you joined!

So woo away! (Perhaps we should reiterate this occasionally for newbies)

LOL I think maybe we should.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »
    May Goals:
    1-Nutrition : 45 carbs, 35 Fat, 20 Protein
    2-Make a healthy dessert or snack
    3-Post weekly
    4-Track daily foods

5/15/18 Today:
    1- Noon- 65c,32f,3p
    End –
    2- Not today
    3- Day 1
    4- Day 1
    I am looking for support and you guys were great when I was posting back in September. Sorry for the absence but hope to stick to this because since I left you I have gain 25+ lbs.
    Elaine
    226/184/219.2/219.2

Welcome back, Elaine! :)
  • rhododendron33
    rhododendron33 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Tuesday's Recap:
    1. Drink 6 cups of water, at least- :/
    2. More laundry!- :)
    3. Do at least 1 mile of walking- :/
    4. Practice my knitting- :/
    5. Make my bed- :/
    6. Fold and put away clothes- :)
    7. Dishes and work in the kitchen- :)
    8. FINISH. SCHEDULE.- :| Halfway there, almost done.
    9. Turn in assignment!!!- :)
    10. Take out recycling- :)

Wednesday's Goals:
    1. Drink 6 cups of water at least
    2. MORE LAUNDRY!
    3. Pack for my trip
    4. Finish my costume
    5. Buy needed supplies
    6. Check in with roommates
    7. Clean room
    8. Bathe Dog
    9. Dishes
    10. Don't overeat
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. <25 g Net Carbs (Carbs - Fiber = Net Carbs) :)
    3. Tie up lose ends on old projects today and reply to outstanding emails. :)
    4. Stand intermittently through conference calls today. Less Sitting! :)
    5. Be grateful and practice patience and kindness in every encounter I have today :)
    6. Tonight's to-do list: Plant Mother's Day flowers I picked out yesterday, put away winter clothes, start Donate bag, go through spring/summer clothing. :#Doing this today. I actually took the afternoon off to pack for my girls' trip tomorrow so it's perfect time to do it.
    7. Take a walk tonight after dinner :(
    8. Sew more on little Casey's quilt :/
    9. Bed at 9:00 no matter WHO is at our house. Need to establish my routine within new living arrangements. :/Yeah...that didn't happen....again.
    10. Finish watching Food as Medicine, and start the book "Terry Wahls Protocol" :(Will try to do this while poolside this weekend...
    11. Start listing items to pack for weekend as I think of them. :pUmmm...nope. See #6. haha

Left work half a day early so I could start packing, get bills paid, go shopping for some sandals for the weekend and maybe a summer dress or skirt. I hate leaving without a list because I always forget something if I don't give myself time. So...

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Stay green
    2. Make healthy low carb choices
    3. Pay bills :smile: Done
    4. Make list of things to pack
    5. Run to Walmart to pick up travel-sized bath items
    6. Run to Burlington's to see if they have any summer clothes that will work for this summer
    7. Find suitcase
    8. Go through spring/summer bin, pack away winter stuff and start a Donate box
    9. Enjoy quiet time with DH tonight because although i'm excited, I always miss him so much.
    10. Find an actual book to bring with me
    11. ATM machine to withdraw some cash
    12. Fill up car with gas
    13. Pack cooler with water, Power Ade Zero and maybe....well, definitely, some alcohol.
    14. Find change for the tollways
    15. Bed early!! Don't want to be tired!

Have a GREAT day my friends! xoxo