Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 40

Replies

• audreys03
    audreys03 Posts: 56 Member
    audreys03 wrote: »
    5/16 156.4
    UGH. Again, I did not go over calories. How can you gain 2 pounds in one day? I don't know why I have been have having this problem, but this has been going on for several weeks. I am stuck. Maybe I should stop eating my exercise calories back? But I'm already down to 1200 a day before exercise so I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Couple of thoughts for you:
    • Muscles retain water while they are recovering from exercise.
    • Muscles weigh more than fat. Are your measurements in other areas improving? The scale is only one measurement.
    • How much sodium are you getting? That could lead to water retention.
    • What is your MFP setting for weekly weight loss? 1/2#, 1#, 2#? I recently changed my setting from 1# to 1/2# and now have more net calories per day, which I found I really needed the closer to my goal I get.
    • How active are you? Do you have a sedentary job?
    • Are you drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day to flush your system?
    • Thought of another one: are you accurately measuring all your food & drink, and logging everything?

FYI, I always eat back exercise calories, since before I joined MFP. If I don't, I get cranky, and hubby does not like cranky me. So far I have lost 42#. Good luck figuring it out. Probably a combination of things.

Ty. I am a bit frustrated, but not giving up. :)
    I have been exercising more the past couple of weeks, I have been training for a race. Its also that time of month (tmi?), so water retention is probably part of it.
    I am set at 1 pound a week, except on Fridays. Fridays I have set a little higher, but still under maintenance by a tad. I do measure pretty accurately. I have gotten into the habit of using measuring spoons and a scale for everything. I will try tracking and increasing my water for a day or two and see how that does. I am going on vacation starting Friday morning, and I always have trouble getting enough water while I travel.
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    R39
    SW: 83.8 kg (184.7 lbs)
    EW: 82 kg (180.7 lbs)

R40
    SW: 82 kg (180.7 lbs)
    GW: 80.5 kg (177.4 lbs)
    EW: 81.3 kg (179.2 lbs)

Day/Weight/Comment
    5/08 81.8 kg (180.3 lbs)
    Yesterday I ate a little more than I should because of being with my cousins. When I'm with someone or busy it's hard chose what I eat...
    5/09 82 kg (180.7 lbs)
    Yesterday was good actually. I walked a lot (about 13-14K) and didn't pass calorie limit. However, I just ate sandwiches, because I hadn't enough time to eat proper things... And also after 2 weeks, I swam and it's the first time I swam this much. I hope that tomorrow's weight will be less.
    5/10 81.5 kg (179.6 lbs)
    Yay! Yesterday was good. I overate at breakfast but did better after that and was below the calorie limit and also I walked 10k (steps).
    5/11 81.5 kg (179.6 lbs)
    I was doing great until dinner... I was out with family again and drink a small beer (33 cl) and a white wine. At least I ate salad with them, right? It's really hard to me, going out and not drink alcohol... Still, I was below the calorie limit and walked 10k steps.
    5/12 81.1 kg (178.8 lbs)
    Yesterday I ate a desert, however, I was very active at work. I didn't pass the calorie limit. I think it was OK.
    5/13 81.1 kg (178.8 lbs)
    5/14 81.1 kg (178.8 lbs)
    Yesterday I didn't log and wrote here. I ended up with my 4-year-old relationship and drank a little and gave up a little. But I'm back and I continue.
    5/15 80.6 kg (177.7 lbs)
    I'm not sure how did this happen. Because yesterday I binged chocolate and cheesecake a little. But I didn't eat anything after that. I'm not sure how much calories I took. I hope this break up gives me weight loss no more binges.
    5/16 81 kg (178.5 lbs)
    Not sure which was water, the lost or the gain... Yesterday was not bad, but dinner was kinda late and might contain so much sodium not sure, but I drank lots of water.
    5/17 81.3 kg (179.2 lbs)
    Took over 2000 calories. That's why.