Replies

• angelfreely
    angelfreely Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request
  • blebriki
    blebriki Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am 42 and starting again. I have about 6 kilos to lose. Please add me if you want, I d love to have some support!
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    48 here and feeling a full 48 years old. Did really well the first 6 weeks, and lost 15 lbs. but fell off the diet a bit when work and travel picked up. So I am back now and hoping to lose another 10 to hit my goal!!!
  • angelfreely
    angelfreely Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck ! Sending friend request.
  • RunPreppy
    RunPreppy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! As usual, I’m late to the party!
  • blebriki
    blebriki Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    I have an "Ugh, it's not fair" instance for being a woman over 40. I logged a bike ride on Strava last night. It was approximatley 12.5 miles in under an hour, not super fast but not too shabby. Strava told me that I burned 280 calories in that time. A young guy (maybe late 20's) logged an almost exact ride yesterday too and it showed he burned 450 calories....

So not fair :'(

And I wonder why it's so hard to lose weight when you are a woman, older, and in my case, short.

I feel your pain. Went running with my husband after training for weeks to improve my stamina. He did double the distance, much quicker and obviosuly burned more. Without prior training. Never went again with him.
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, we're 1/2 way through another week already! I've been MIA in this group for a couple weeks, so I'm sure there's a lot of new faces. I'm sure this has been done before, but I'd love to get to you know you all a bit more (if you don't mind sharing). Let's have some fun with this and get to know each other!

First name:
    Where are you from:
    Any pets:
    Work:
    Hobbies:
    Fun fact:

I'll start.....
    First name: Dawn
    Where I am from: rural Manitoba, Canada (born and raised here, and now raising my boys, ages 19 and 16, married for 20 years next month)
    Any pets: 1 spoiled golden retriever
    Work: part time secretary/treasurer at United Church
    Hobbies: gardening, and I shouldn't admit (I love cleaning and organizing)
    Fun fact: I am a picky eater! (I love raisins, but not cooked or baked into anything), I don't eat fruit, unless it's made into a smoothie, and I've never had fish or seafood.

I hope you'll play along, so that we get to know each other
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    First name: Gen
    Where are you from: Montana
    Any pets: 2 dogs, 3 cats and 6 gold fish
    Work: Case manager in a men's transition center
    Hobbies: crocheting, reading, crafting with kids, cooking/baking
    Fun fact: I have lived in 5 states and I went to 3 High Schools in 1 year when I was in high school
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    neepex27 wrote: »
    Good Morning everyone, we're 1/2 way through another week already! I've been MIA in this group for a couple weeks, so I'm sure there's a lot of new faces. I'm sure this has been done before, but I'd love to get to you know you all a bit more (if you don't mind sharing). Let's have some fun with this and get to know each other!

First name:
    Where are you from:
    Any pets:
    Work:
    Hobbies:
    Fun fact:

I'll start.....
    First name: Dawn
    Where I am from: rural Manitoba, Canada (born and raised here, and now raising my boys, ages 19 and 16, married for 20 years next month)
    Any pets: 1 spoiled golden retriever
    Work: part time secretary/treasurer at United Church
    Hobbies: gardening, and I shouldn't admit (I love cleaning and organizing)
    Fun fact: I am a picky eater! (I love raisins, but not cooked or baked into anything), I don't eat fruit, unless it's made into a smoothie, and I've never had fish or seafood.

I hope you'll play along, so that we get to know each other

How is that possible?! :open_mouth: That's like another Canadian friend saying they had never had a taco or burrito.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    First name: Lisa
    Where are you from: Houston, TX
    Any pets: 2 dogs, 3 kids and 1 husband
    Work: Product Manager for a Benefits Administration Software company
    Hobbies: Reading, Working out, playing the piano, jewelry making, woodworking
    Fun fact: My husband and I love to travel. Favorite destination so far was Peru. @neepex27, I'm not a picky eater in that I will try just about anything...but I'm picky about what I like. Like the guinea pig in Peru. It's a delicacy there, so of course I had to try it. I didn't like it though. More the spices than the rodent. They were very foreign.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    First name: Kim
    Where are you from: Lived in Michigan most of my life but moved to Montana 6 years ago
    Any pets: I'm a crazy dog lady. I currently have 4 dogs, 3 Border Collie/Staffordshire Bull Terrier crosses (also called Border Staffies in the dog sport world) and one Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup.
    Work: I move commodities. I've done scheduling for natural gas pipelines, I traded power, and I've moved coal via rail and vessel. I currently moved refined fuels via a pipeline. Please no political protests ;-)
    Hobbies: See pets above...I've trained dogs and participated in dogs sports for 25 years. I played a sport called Flyball for 20 and now do agility with 2 of my dogs. I've also recently taken up mountain biking and am full blown addicted!
    Fun fact: I worked at a bungee jumping tower in South Carolina during college and have done upwards of 300 jumps.
  • ltlsnbl75
    ltlsnbl75 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    First name: Kim
    Where are you from: Lived in Michigan most of my life but moved to Montana 6 years ago
    Any pets: I'm a crazy dog lady. I currently have 4 dogs, 3 Border Collie/Staffordshire Bull Terrier crosses (also called Border Staffies in the dog sport world) and one Staffordshire Bull Terrier pup.
    Work: I move commodities. I've done scheduling for natural gas pipelines, I traded power, and I've moved coal via rail and vessel. I currently moved refined fuels via a pipeline. Please no political protests ;-)
    Hobbies: See pets above...I've trained dogs and participated in dogs sports for 25 years. I played a sport called Flyball for 20 and now do agility with 2 of my dogs. I've also recently taken up mountain biking and am full blown addicted!
    Fun fact: I worked at a bungee jumping tower in South Carolina during college and have done upwards of 300 jumps.

Where in Montana do you live? I came to Montana in my late teens
  • Renonelarock
    Renonelarock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Trending app is a great suggestion, I’m definitely downloading
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ltlsnbl75 wrote: »

Where in Montana do you live? I came to Montana in my late teens

I'm in Billings.
  • dkg_motivate
    dkg_motivate Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 years old, still 50 pounds overweight. 75 days straight on MFP! Lost 30 pounds so far, from 225 to 195, in 17 weeks. Let's all do this together and help each other! I'm excited I've finally found an eating plan that works for me long term. I'm a fast food junkie so I couldn't go TOO healthy and stick to it.
  • Bel7024
    Bel7024 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m in 40s too. Please feel free to add me. Open and honest diary. Trying to get my pre kids body back! My kids are teenagers!! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen my feet! I’ve lost 18kg this year. Still got a way to go...
  • kenkel4
    kenkel4 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First name: ANITA
    Where are you from: Missouri
    Any pets: 1 dog
    Work: Teacher
    Hobbies: i love bring outside. I love little kids and teens.
    Fun fact: I hate all melons (even watermelon) and cucumbers.
  • yogastrongmama
    yogastrongmama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Turned 41 a couple months ago. Trying to balance it all: 3 young kids, full-time job, a lovely hubby, and then the million other things that require my attention daily. Exercise and nutrition is a huge priority for me and I love that MFP keeps me accountable!
    Have a fantastic day!
  • yogastrongmama
    yogastrongmama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok--I'm a dork. I realized I posted here already a couple months ago. ^^You see? It's hard to balance my hectic schedule and memory is the first thing to go! :D