how do you really succeed at this?

Options
chandraminick
chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
edited May 2018 in Success Stories
If you are female and in your mid 40s, at least 50 lbs overweight, have something hormonal going on like PCOS, and you really want to get it together and be a real success story before 50 with great muscle and a slim body, how do you really get it done? I'm tired of being unhappy and disappointed in the body I'm in. As pathetic as it may sound, I know yhat achieving this is the only real thing in my life that is going to make me happy. I'd like to hear from someone who really knows what it takes to get it done.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You have to find a way to consistently take in less calories than you burn.. and you have to want to lose weight badly enough. Where there's a will there's a way.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    I know there's more to it than that. Who do I look to learn how to train? I'm in rural Idaho, and there's a Golds gym, but I don't see a following for anything close to body building for women, and I've always thought that what the way to get it. Maybe, I'm wrong, and under the wrong impression.

The notion that "there's got to be more to it than that" is actually what often causes people to fail.

Note that you are talking about two different issues- weight loss and body building. For weight loss, all you need is a consistent, reasonable calorie deficit. No special foods, eliminating certain foods, shakes, supplements, special meal timing, none of it. For body building, you likely do want to follow a plan, and there are good threads here on that, but that's a different topic.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

This did help. I've gone to the link and started there. Thank you.
  • bonniebug50
    bonniebug50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi
    What part of Idaho do you live in? I’m in Idaho as well, working on losing 30 pounds that have been haunting me for a while, funny I know how to lose weight and be healthy, I just know I lack consistency! Good luck on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!