May 8 - 271.4
    May 15- 271.8
    May 22 -
    May 29 -
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: +0.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +1.1
    Total weight lost: 30.3

I have no idea why I'm gaining. A nice deficit and running/working out 4 times a week. Fingers crossed for a good week

Respectfully, I would say the weight gain is maybe a combination of possibly gaining muscle and mis-stepping on diet. Although your calories are in deficit, your white bread first thing in the morning and continuing all day is kicking in a large insulin response which is the hormone of not only breaking down sugars but also storing fat.
    Maybe replace morning bread with protein and/or veg/fruit for a 300-400cal breakfast for a week solid and see if the change helps. I keep cherry tomatoes on counter and really enjoy a couple of them to start my day now and it seems to help suppress appetite naturally. :smile:

Thank you for your advice I'll give it a try! I didn't have white bread today so will carry on as you've suggested. Im going to do a food shop so will buy more cherry tomatoes too! Thank you
  • jweb007
    jweb007 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am SOOO happy that I saw this group. I really didn’t think that there were people looking to lose 100 pounds or more. I’ve seen so many internet/social media stories of how people “finally lost those pesky 25 pounds” and they made me feel horrible because I have to multiply that by 5.

It’s nice to know that there are people who understand that there is so much emotionally and physically that go along with a 100 pound loss... I’m just starting mine.

I guess that all I have to say. Thanks to everyone here for updating this constantly. And for being bad *kitten*.
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome @jweb007! Yep, you do not travel this road alone. You've come to the right place. You'll find lots of support and motivation on this thread. You are not alone. Once again, welcome!
  • X100KLS1992
    X100KLS1992 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    jweb007 wrote: »
    I am SOOO happy that I saw this group. I really didn’t think that there were people looking to lose 100 pounds or more. I’ve seen so many internet/social media stories of how people “finally lost those pesky 25 pounds” and they made me feel horrible because I have to multiply that by 5.

It’s nice to know that there are people who understand that there is so much emotionally and physically that go along with a 100 pound loss... I’m just starting mine.

I guess that all I have to say. Thanks to everyone here for updating this constantly. And for being bad *kitten*.

Hey!

I totally understand. I'm pleased they get to goal but it upsets me that I have so much more. And the fact mine comes off soooooo slowly! It's disheartening!

K
  • jweb007
    jweb007 Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    jweb007 wrote: »

Hey!

I totally understand. I'm pleased they get to goal but it upsets me that I have so much more. And the fact mine comes off soooooo slowly! It's disheartening!

K

I think that’s the hard part for me. Like this is gonna take a long time. And that’s fine, but I wish i could just fast forward!
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I am feeling that familiar dip in motivation, like this is too hard, or why bother. I have a good, concrete "why" to keep pushing my forward. But I'm also feeling jealousy. I see others losing more faster than i am. Logically, i know they are using different tools than i am, like my friends that have had surgery. But i feel like its happening too slow. I just needed to vent, refocus, and remember that i didn't gain it overnight, it won't come off overnight

Oh man I so understand this. Most of my gf have never been more than 30 pounds overweight. They lose it with what seems like zero effort, and go on with their slim lives.

Here's the problem: Weight loss is a lonely journey. It is like being a distance runner. Most of your training happens by yourself, alone, running along. Posting with others is like a big meet...suddenly you see that what you thought was great progress pales to what others are managing. It helps me to remember these are fellow runners, not some sort of edict that I'm no good at running. My ultimate competitor is MYSELF. Am I doing better? Am I making the changes needed for sustained good health? Am I seeing obstacles before I trip upon them, and changing my trajectory to compensate? All of these things are what make my own continuous process improvement work for me, and reflect where I am on my journey. No one wakes up one morning and runs a marathon and wins the race. You come away with precious information about yourself and what you need to fine tune to run the race a little better.
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge
    Name: Deb
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: Ever? Do I have to type that? How about this round: 295
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 259.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 251.8

May 1 – 259.8
    May 3 – 258.4
    May 10 – 256.8
    May 17 – 255.2
    May 24 -
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1.6
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.6
    Total weight lost: 39.8
    83125515.png
  • moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My ultimate competitor is MYSELF. Am I doing better? Am I making the changes needed for sustained good health? Am I seeing obstacles before I trip upon them, and changing my trajectory to compensate? All of these things are what make my own continuous process improvement work for me, and reflect where I am on my journey. No one wakes up one morning and runs a marathon and wins the race. You come away with precious information about yourself and what you need to fine tune to run the race a little better.

Perfectly said!!

• kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Karen Takes Charge Challenge! :wink:
    (Aka Kicking Butt in May)
    Name: Katrina
    Height: 5’8”
    Highest Weight: 305
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 269
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 259

May 1 – 269
    May 4 - 266.5
    May 11- 265
    May 18 - 263
    May 25 -
    May 31 -
    (Changed the dates for myself a bit since I weigh in on Fridays)

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6
    Total weight lost: 37.5 lbs

Happy Friday, y'all! I have been so stinking busy lately! And my food choices have been pretty poor. A combination of having to be at the ballpark at least 3 nights a week and figuring out food for that scenario, PMS hormones (I'm always feeling insatiable at this time of my cycle- sorry for the TMI anyone, it's just real life!) and an emotional Mother's Day had me grabbing for food I didn't really need/wasn't good for me. ( @DebCountsAll I was thinking of you this weekend and praying you were comforted and made it through ok.) I still tried my best to keep track and that keeps me in check usually from devolving into an all out stuff-my-face-fest. I am shocked to be posting a loss, TBH. I'll chock it up to all the hard labor in my garden, hauling dirt and hoeing/tilling until my arms fell off. (Bonus: no arms= I can't stuff my face! :lol: ) j/k, my friends! Annoyed with myself for the lack of self-control, but since that's an unproductive emotion on this journey, I'll just carry on and leave that on the side of the road.

Hello to the new faces! So glad you're here! I always welcome new friends, so hit me up!
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    @Silhouette_man Gabe! You are rocking this! I like the new name. :) Wouldn't it be fun to make your profile pic a silhouette of your before and after pic?! You've already accomplished so much.

@moodybear2003 I have felt that way many times. Many, many times! I love Deb's analogy about being a marathon runner- that was very motivating to me this morning! When I get a really crappy attitude, I take a look back at my progress, either one or two months. I don't think I've ever gone longer than that on a plateau, so when I look back at longer than just a week, I can see I AM making progress. And it's so worth it! Can I tell you something really personal? (I guess I'm gonna, haha) before I had my babies I wanted to lose all the weight, or at least much of it! I was about 290 then. I had this desire to be healthy and active and I didn't want my weight to be an issue with me getting pregnant. Now, everyone's different- this is just my story, but even though I did lose some weight (got to 270) my heart was conflicted- my brain wanted me to keep losing weight, but my arms were longing to hold a child. I don't know why I set such an unrealistic expectation of myself. Anyways, after much soul searching, prayer and asking my doctor about it, my husband and I decided to go for it! I had a healthy pregnancy, kept active, ate (mostly!) healthy, no GD or blood pressure issues at all and even though I gained about 25lbs, I lost it all the day he was born- a healthy 7.5lb boy. And I recovered just fine from my unplanned C-section. (P.S. I had another baby just like that again a few years later!) My experience was so positive! Again, everyone's different- I'm not trying to steer your course away from what it is now if that's what is right for you and doctors really are the best source of advice on the subject, but what I'm trying to do is encourage you in my fumbling, awkward personal story, manner, haha. I remember feeling such self-inflicted intense pressure to lose weight but it was battling with my heart and looking back, I'm so glad I changed course! You can always keep going on your health journey while pregnant (my OB counseled me to try not to gain any weight, actually!) and afterwards, too- breastfeeding alone burns like 500 calories a day, ha! If you want to talk more, PM me- I'm obviously an open book.
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    @DebCountsAll I LOVE your comparison of weight loss vs. being a marathon runner. It sure did strike a chord with me. What a great insight! Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

I'm heading into a bad time food-wise. Starting tonight I have a graduation dinner for my granddaughter, a huge graduation party for her tomorrow and then we leave for just about two weeks on vacation. I know i'm going to show a gain when I get back, but I also know it will be less of a gain that it could have been had I just thrown caution to the winds, as in years gone by, and ate anything and everything, in the name of vacation. I won't know until I get back what the damage will be, but whatever it is, I will get immediately back to my normal routine and it will come off.

I'll be MIA for a few weeks, other than checking in each day so I don't lose my daily login streak (hopefully!) Wishing everyone a good few weeks, healthy eating, and good times.
  • kbeyer23
    Options
    @b_lisieux Have a wonderful weekend and great vacation! Getting walks in every day on vacation helps me combat all the richer foods I enjoy (in moderation!). I'm sure you'll do just fine and I look forward to seeing you back on the thread when you return!
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    @kbeyer23 Thank you for your story! My doc and I met for a check up last week, and he said that it would be more about my health than the baby, because i have a history of High BP, it was 140/90 when I saw him in March, but was 118/90 when I saw him 2 months later! I watched 2 of my friends go through gestational diabetes, it looked hard, but both babies were born perfectly fine and not at risk. We discussed my goal of losing 50 to 60 pounds, but for me, it's also about strengthening my muscles and improving my heart health. I don't want to spend my pregnancy in bed. I am also at risk for multiples, so as much of a head start I can get, the better!

Honestly, i feel a little selfish, but I don't want to struggle finding maternity clothes. Finding clothes as a size 24 is hard enough. I'm at the limit that most places carry as it is. I'd like to at least drop a size or two and make my chance of finding clothes that fit a growing belly easier.
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    Name: Heather
    Height: 5’5"
    Highest Weight: 308
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 298.8
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 295

May 1 – 298.8
    May 4 - 298.0
    May 11- 297.0
    May 18 - 295.6
    May 25 -
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3.2
    Total weight lost: 12.4 lbs

I am almost at my goal for this challenge, which feels good. I weighed yesterday and today, and was up a little today, so I'm taking yesterdays number :smiley: I hit the gym 4 times this week already, but I'll be going today as well to work a fancy dessert into my calories today.
  • nvelez4
    nvelez4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just want to introduce myself. My name is Noemi, and I've been struggling with my weight for about 20 years. I have 2 children 20 and 13 years old. Raised 3 more, 22, 24, and 26. I tend to lose motivation and withdraw from everyone and everything. I'm determined to do it now. My health depends on it.
    I've joined a diabetic prevention program that follows my preferred for a year. It's a small group that meets weekly for classes and weight-in. Learning healthy eating, label reading.
    I've joined a small FB group with encouraging post & biweekly meet ups for walks.
    I'm interested in your challenges. I've joined early to get used to the posting for your June, July, August challenge.

Karen Takes Charge Challenge!
    Name: Noemi
    Height: 4’10"
    Highest Weight: 258
    Start Weight (May 18, 2018): 242
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 239

May 18 - 242
    May 25 -
    May 31 -

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3
    Total weight lost: -1
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    an emotional Mother's Day had me grabbing for food I didn't really need/wasn't good for me. ( @DebCountsAll I was thinking of you this weekend and praying you were comforted and made it through ok.)

Thank you so much. It is hard. I know you are going through the same thing.
  • DebCountsAll
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    I'll be MIA for a few weeks, other than checking in each day so I don't lose my daily login streak (hopefully!) Wishing everyone a good few weeks, healthy eating, and good times.

Oh man. I lost my daily login streak with patchy Internet access while I was in Alaska. I'm still miffed about it.
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    I know, right? You see the day count pile up and then whoosh, it's gone if you forget. :) I'm going to try to not forget. On top of our vacation, we are also celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary on May 30th! I am doomed. LOL
  • SammyKlingler
    SammyKlingler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Name: Sam
    Height: 5’10”
    Highest Weight: 341.2
    Start Weight (May 1, 2018): 284.6
    Goal Weight (May 31, 2018): 276.6

May 1 – 284.6
    May 7- 284.6