It’s all about calorie deficit, got it! But....

Options

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I would say tweak your logging, and weigh everything. I see in your diary you log as cups, or 1 portion and your donuts you just log as 1 donut rather than weighing it.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice on here already. Just another thing to add: Are you tracking your body circumference measurements as well as your scale weight? Over time you might see some changes on there even if your actual weight stays the same.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Logging doesn't mean squat if what you log is inaccurate. My wife claims to be gaining weight on 800 calories a day. Evidently the laws of physics don't apply in all situations.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't go lower than that "if" you are logging accurately which I doubt because you should be losing. I would also add some exercise to the mix.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    As soon as I get my meal service for the week tomorrow I’m going to start weighing out the ingredients (including liquids) as I make it. I’ve wondered for a while if this was the culprit but I naively thought “they can’t just make up info!” After reading a few posts from those who have tested meal service calories I’m also positive it’ll be WAY off. Which is super frustrating but will be GREAT if I finally find the answer!

As for macros, I’m almost never hungry so I don’t usually pay attention to macros. My body has become very used to IF (not for dieting, I feel physically sick if I eat too early in the AM) and over the past 9 months or so I’ve managed to *mostly* cut out all snacking at night (yay for small victories!).

For the blood test...I saw my results online when they first came in and everything was more or less in the middle of the “recommended ranges” indicated by the lab. I got tested because I have a really hard time sleeping (doc was thinking iron or B12 etc) but those all came back normal. And my thyroid did get tested as well but due to a family history with thyroid cancer (not weight loss related) and my T4 came back mid “normal range” as well.

I'm curious as to what you discover. Please let us know.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    For thyroid testing you need free T3, free T4, TPO Antibodies, Vitamin D, and ferritin (not on a regular iron panel) to accurately diagnose thyroid disease. The frees are the amount of hormone unbound in the bloodstream available for the body to use.
  • ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you have insurance, consider checking to see if it covers registered dietitian visits. Mine covers three a year and it's a great way to have a registered dietitian look over my food and discuss any concerns. When I finally gave in and went to one last year she not only helped me tweak things I hadn't thought of, but picked up on some health issues I didn't even pick up on that led me to a doctor who ultimately diagnosed me with insulin resistance as part of PCOS. Understanding insulin resistance and working with the dietitian helped me to figure out that I had to eat a bit differently and ultimately helped not only my weight but my overall health.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    https://www.ketovale.com/low-carb-keto-diet-studies-list/

Above is the address to a list of studies (with links to said studies) regarding keto & low-carb ways of eating. Fair warning, these are medical studies and quite a grind to get through. Keto & low-carb seem to be dirty words to many of the MFP population, but stay with me here for just a second.
    I understand the importance of thermodynamics (the calorie defiect that everyone loves to tout as the end all be all), but the macros matter too. Speaking as someone who has been stalled on weight loss no matter how diligent I was on measuring/weighing food, religiously logging and getting regular exercise, I would consistently get to the point where no matter how "good" I was my body just refused to lose any more weight. And I'm not talking about the last ten or twenty pounds, I'm talking about still having around fifty to sixty more pounds to lose to get to the healthy weight for my height.
    There will never be a one-size-fits-all weight loss solution because we all have different bodies. And you know what? That's ok. What worked effectively for one isn't going to work effectively for all. I personally have found success with keto, and I enjoy eating that way. I'm not dropping staggering amounts of weight every week, but the scale continues to steadily go down.
    Another thing to consider is that even if a diet helps you lose weight, it's near useless if you can't sustain that way of eating and that activity level. So I encourage you to do some research, and see if low-carb or keto is something you think you'd like to try. Another good resource for information is www.marksdailyapple.com. He's referenced very often in the keto community, he's written a few books on the subject, and I learned a lot from reading one of them. His story is pretty interesting, so I suggest checking it out the site. If you have more in-depth questions on the subject, definitely talk to your doctor. A professional medical opinion from a doctor you trust certainly couldn't hurt.
    If you don't think low-carb or keto is right for you, that's perfectly ok. If you've done a bunch of research into nutrition and still can't push past the stall, then again, talking to your doctor could really help.

Awesome sauce! I do Keto as well. I have high A1C so it totally makes sense for me. I know several people who have other medical conditions where the Keto Lifestyle is absolutely beneficial to them. But, it (Keto) can present most a problem. Macros matter for me, too. In the end, we are all different and what works for me may or may not work for you. Just as long as people make informed decisions.

I had not heard of MarksDailyApple.com web site. So, I checked it out. Too funny. He works with Christine Hassler. I know her. I used to work with her and train with her back in the day. Back when she was "that weird chick that always talked about nutrition".....love that girl. Anyway, small world.