June Self-Care Challenge

Options
twyla77
twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
edited May 2018 in Challenges
May felt so much nicer reading all of the different ways everyone was taking care of themselves, so let's keep it going! Even just reading through the thread to see what everyone was up put a smile on my face, and I am grateful for that! Looking forward to another month of positive vibes!

For the new joiners, here's what this challenge is all about!

We're all here on MFP to improve our physical health & strengthen our bodies, but what about working on our mental health? As indulgent as the term "self-care" sounds, it really is an important way to help prevent "overload burnout" as well as reduce the negative effects of every day stress.

I'm committing to 1 act of self-care every day of June. These acts don't have to be costly or time consuming, just little things that I can work into my regular schedule to help me feel good mentally while I work on feeling good physically!

If anyone wants to join this challenge please do - if you want to log in daily or a few times over the month to comment/share what you're up to, that would be great - the more ideas the better, because not everyone feels the same about certain things - some people might consider a day at the spa getting a pedicure and facial relaxing, but to me that would be a stressful afternoon! To each their own, this isn't about what's right or what's wrong, it's about what makes YOU feel good!

A few ideas from blogs, articles & friends to get started:
*try a new recipe
*say no to something without feeling guilty / realize the benefits of saying no to some things
*declutter your wardrobe / donate some items of clothing that you haven't worn or no longer fit
*get up out of your office chair and go for a walk (outdoors if possible!)
*start a puzzle
*tell yourself a body positive affirmation such as "I love _______ about my body because it makes me feel special & unique."
*go for a bike ride to nowhere in particular, just for fun! Not to get your Fitbit number up, but just because you feel like it.
*clean up your work area / desk
*unplug for a few hours and enjoy a cup of tea and a book
*buy a drugstore face-mask and a fun nail polish and have a DIY pampering session
*watch a TEDtalk about something you're interested in, or something you'd like to learn more about
*diffuse some uplifting essential oils

Anyways, even if you don't join the daily challenge, I hope you still take a bit of time in June to do something great, just for yourself! You deserve it!

Replies

• mrswowt
    mrswowt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I would love to join this challenge! Self care is definitely important. Looking forward to this.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    @twyla77 THANK YOU so much!!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @twyla77 THANK YOU so much!!
    Thank YOU! can’t wait to read all the awesome stuff you come up with for June!
  • Crystaledgerly
    Crystaledgerly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks for putting this together!
  • minxboo
    minxboo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love this idea - one of my co-workers posts an uplifting quote on her Facebook page - I didn't think much of it, but when she missed a day, I realized how much I had started to look forward to seeing the quote!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I enjoyed the focus of this thread - I'm in for June too.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    In!
  • miroslava33
    miroslava33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I´m in.. I need something like this!
  • Resolutionss2018
    Resolutionss2018 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I’m in
  • JASunnyGirl
    JASunnyGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sell care. I can't tell the last time I did that. I need that. I am in.
  • EifionCockram
    EifionCockram Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'll give this a shot
  • fveryspecial
    fveryspecial Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want in too!!! :):):)
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    In for June! Thank you @twyla77 for keeping the challenge going!
  • back2cute
    back2cute Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Awesome idea!!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    In again
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yes please! Great idea, thank you