Cyclists

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Nice. How'd it go? Big upgrade I'd bet...
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Nice. How'd it go? Big upgrade I'd bet...

Bike has been fun so far. Handling is different than my old road bike, and the switch from SPD to Garmin pedals doesn't feel as natural yet. That will come in time. That said, the bike feels really good at speed.

Had a chilly ride on Saturday at 35 degrees. I don't have booties, and my neoprene toe socks weren't enough to keep my feet warm. I got in about 45 miles before calling it. Glad this week will be warmer.
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Getting colder here in Namibia.Don't like that much.But still better than riding on the indoor trainer.And riding in the dark after work.Have to get use to it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    Yeah ... colder here in Tasmania too.
  • nelja
    I do not like winter.I am a summer person.Can sit in the sun for hours.Luckily our winter is not very long.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Added to the fleet this year. That's 3 bikes in less than 12 months B) I think I'm a full blown addict :D Finally able to get back out on trails. We had one heck of a winter. I added the Fat Bike courtesy of my hubby. He surprised me with a Specialized Fat Boy I had demoed. Then just last week, I bought a low end model Specialized Diverge. I'm scared to death to road bike but I wanted something I could ride on bike paths and some roads, including gravel, to get more exercise. I thought this was a good option. It should be in tomorrow...so excited!

mpasghqv99e9.jpg

Not my actual bike, stolen from Google.

jdourkzjjjef.jpg

• can111
    can111 Posts: 63 Member
    I have an entry level Trek that I used on a 300 mile five day trip (my first ... very proud of myself).

however, what i really want to share is the Schwinn Twinn from the 1970's! My son and I rode it on an organized 10 mile bike ride. Let me tell you that was 10 HARD miles. That old bike must weigh 100 pounds. My husband played heck trying to find a replacement tube before our ride. Our local bike store blew dust off a box (literally) and sold us one.

Bike on!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    One for just about every purpose. :)

Starting to Zwift with my entry-level 2002 Giant. It makes a good trainer bicycle.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    From this morning...

• nelja
    Zwift is nice,but we only used it maybe once a week.Then the price is a bit much for only that frequency.
    One for just about every purpose. :)

Starting to Zwift with my entry-level 2002 Giant. It makes a good trainer bicycle.

• nelja
    Our network is blocking the image.But i am sure it looks awersome.
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    From this morning...

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    First ride outside with the P1 power petals which would also mean it was my first time outside with Look style pedals/cleats. I miss-clipped far less than I expected I would! I'm used to SPDs (the mt bike version not the road bike ones) which are double sided. Strava still decided to inflate the amount of calories I burned, though not nearly to the extent that it does when I'm not using a power meter. Garmin said that I burned 1,055 calories (using the oft quoted formula that you can easily find by searching something like calculating calories via cycling power) and Strava said 1192. Compare that to a similar but shorter (and slower) ride on the exact same route earlier this month without using a power meter and Strava estimated that I burned 1,496 calories.

Either way it's hard for me to eat back 1k plus calories but still.

But yea, it was a good ride - I felt much better physically than I did for most of last week. If I didn't have an isokinetic test for PT tomorrow morning I would have gone for 40 plus miles as opposed to stopping at 33. I might think about doing some group rides this summer when my schedule permits. We shall see.
  • nelja
    Awesome
    aokoye wrote: »
    First ride outside with the P1 power petals which would also mean it was my first time outside with Look style pedals/cleats. I miss-clipped far less than I expected I would! I'm used to SPDs (the mt bike version not the road bike ones) which are double sided. Strava still decided to inflate the amount of calories I burned, though not nearly to the extent that it does when I'm not using a power meter. Garmin said that I burned 1,055 calories (using the oft quoted formula that you can easily find by searching something like calculating calories via cycling power) and Strava said 1192. Compare that to a similar but shorter (and slower) ride on the exact same route earlier this month without using a power meter and Strava estimated that I burned 1,496 calories.

Either way it's hard for me to eat back 1k plus calories but still.

But yea, it was a good ride - I felt much better physically than I did for most of last week. If I didn't have an isokinetic test for PT tomorrow morning I would have gone for 40 plus miles as opposed to stopping at 33. I might think about doing some group rides this summer when my schedule permits. We shall see.
  • edmudman
    edmudman Posts: 58 Member
    83gekgkdaebr.jpeg

My Genesis Day One , 8 speed hub gear, disc brakes and off road tires. An absolute blast to ride, it begs to thrown around in the dirt.

i1oi1ke4nlwh.jpg

My Look 576 TT bike for 'serious' riding, the 576 is an ideal frame, as when I finally get bored with TT malarkey I can convert it to a road bike.

u70kkce0wi1y.jpg

My Bianchi Oltre Nero. I'll never be good enough to do it justice, but I'm happy just to sit and look at it.

• nelja
    Impressive bikes.
    edmudman wrote: »

My Genesis Day One , 8 speed hub gear, disc brakes and off road tires. An absolute blast to ride, it begs to thrown around in the dirt.

My Look 576 TT bike for 'serious' riding, the 576 is an ideal frame, as when I finally get bored with TT malarkey I can convert it to a road bike.

My Bianchi Oltre Nero. I'll never be good enough to do it justice, but I'm happy just to sit and look at it.

• nelja
    Does anyone have strava? Then we can encourage each other there also. Mine is just Janda Nel. Feel free to add me.
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    nelja wrote: »
    Does anyone have strava? Then we can encourage each other there also. Mine is just Janda Nel. Feel free to add me.

I’m the “Angry Minnow” on Strava, feel free to add me and I can do the same
  • bobvilla8003
    bobvilla8003 Posts: 10 Member
    Cannondale
  • bobvilla8003
    bobvilla8003 Posts: 10 Member
    0ahnt1up4fhn.jpeg
  • edmudman
    edmudman Posts: 58 Member
    16vkrrwzoyat.jpg

Bianchi breakfast stop, with training wheels.