New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    The cashier at the vitamin shoppe said they’re going to have this sale until July 1st!
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I hate really good sales when I just don't need anything. Except the tortilla chips. I'm all over those tortilla chips.

someone tell me how they are I dont a vitaman shoppe close .. its basically gncs .. so i will have to travel a bit

I tried them during the quest labs thing and, from what I remember, they were pretty close to the doritos version. The texture was a tiny bit off but the taste was close.

And just order online. I don't have patience for stores anymore so if I can buy something online, it's better for everyone. :)

Also, free shipping for orders over $25.

Maybe I’m weird but I swear everything tastes different after it’s been released from the labs. It seems like the calories go up by about 10, but the taste usually gets better. At least, that’s what I’ve noticed with the bars. So that makes me feel even better now I can’t wait to try them! It’s a shame their chocolates haven’t made it through yet, I actually really really enjoyed those before they made shipping unaffordable...

WAIT THEY HAD CHOCOLATES?!?!?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    The cashier at the vitamin shoppe said they’re going to have this sale until July 1st!
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

I hate really good sales when I just don't need anything. Except the tortilla chips. I'm all over those tortilla chips.

someone tell me how they are I dont a vitaman shoppe close .. its basically gncs .. so i will have to travel a bit

I tried them during the quest labs thing and, from what I remember, they were pretty close to the doritos version. The texture was a tiny bit off but the taste was close.

And just order online. I don't have patience for stores anymore so if I can buy something online, it's better for everyone. :)

Maybe I’m weird but I swear everything tastes different after it’s been released from the labs. It seems like the calories go up by about 10, but the taste usually gets better. At least, that’s what I’ve noticed with the bars. So that makes me feel even better now I can’t wait to try them! It’s a shame their chocolates haven’t made it through yet, I actually really really enjoyed those before they made shipping unaffordable...

Yeah, it was kind of like their Quest keto peanut butter cups (not sure if they still sell those or not) but they had more flavors like vanilla and mint :)
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

Yeah, it was kind of like their Quest keto peanut butter cups (not sure if they still sell those or not) but they had more flavors like vanilla and mint :)

i need those in my life! how do you even try the products before they are out in the market?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

That's so true about the calories going up! It happened with the regular chips and I could have sworn the tortilla chips were originally 120 or 130.

I never tried the chocolates. The calories were more than I like to eat for just one product.
  • glassyo
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

i need those in my life! how do you even try the products before they are out in the market?

They had this thing called Quest Labs. It's been discontinued for now but is supposed to be coming back at some point. The only perk was getting to try products that they were thinking of releasing and then being able to give feedback. You still had to pay full price and pay for shipping. Those two parts sucked. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    m5xgy1de52aa.jpeg

That's so true about the calories going up! It happened with the regular chips and I could have sworn the tortilla chips were originally 120 or 130.

I never tried the chocolates. The calories were more than I like to eat for just one product.

Usually they make changes based on the feedback from the labs and then release finished product with some updates. I am looking forward to trying the maple waffle bar! I wish I was part of the "testers" for quest that always get free samples of the new bars before release.
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    Options
    halo tops new limited edition flavor 5j2y8ifpsw3t.jpg

Saw this one at Walmart, but I'm not a huge Peach fan so I passed on it.

Now that Enlightened & Halo Top are releasing more flavors be it regular or seasonal which flavors would you like to see added?

I want Enlightened to do their own spin on a Gingerbread flavor with big chunks of icing/pieces of Gingerbread cookie, Cotton Candy, more flavors with the delicious peanut butter, a take on Jeni's Brown Butter Almond Brittle, Egg Nog, & a flavor reminiscent of the Sam's Choice (Walmart Brand) Coffee & Donuts (I really miss that flavor).

Today I bought the Enlightened Marshmallow Peanut Butter pint.

The peanut butter in the ice cream is heavenly, but the marshmallow base is bland. I would only buy this flavor again if it were on sale.

Since Ibotta has a few coupon rebates on Chilly Cow I bought the Peanut Butter at Walmart. The Chilly Cow Cookie Dough that I bought last time was tasty, but for the price it tasted like Edy's which per serving is a lot cheaper.

Also wanted to mention that Walmart has their own Equate line of two flavors of Lenny & Larry kind of cookies (Snickerdoodle & I believe Double Chocolate) & a few flavors of a four-pack of protein drinks (both found in the Pharmacy protein products area).

i would like to see a strawberry lemonade or coconut pineapple
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    PSA: Starting this Sunday, June 3rd Shop Rite will be having its Pint-tastic sale! Ben and Jerry's, Haagen Dazs, Enlightened, Halo Top, Talenti Gelato, and High Road Ice Cream will all be $2.88 a pint! Work those buy one, get one Enlightened coupons too -- apparently they'll work during the sale! Happy hunting!

There was a $3 digital coupon for Enlightened on Sunday too. Not sure if it's still up or not though.
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options
    So the Quest tortilla chips are definitely more similar to their regular protein chips than Doritos in my opinion (if you’re considering texture, not taste - which IS very very similar if not identical), but I still love them and couldn’t expect more for the calories and macros. They’re not as thick as Doritos, but thicker than the regular protein chips. However, they have A TON of flavor! Honestly, I can’t tell which one I like more... The nacho cheese is truly just as cheesy as a bag of Cheetos!!!! The ranch nailed the flavor for those addicted to ranch and I’m not getting as bored of it as quick as I am the cheese, which is actually almost TOO much cheddar for me! Both flavors I rate a 10/10 though. Will not disappoint any Quest Chips lover!
    o06udp8h45x3.jpeg

I got an email from The Vitamin Shoppe conforming Quest products should be on sale BOGO 50% off through July 1st. But that email also showed Bang drinks included in this! When I was there I didn’t see anything, but I’m running back to stock up now!

I also went to Aldi to check for that new ice cream, AND THEY HAD IT. No price tag was with them but they rang up $2.99 each. I checked with the regular ice cream on the shelf and didn’t see them, but something inside me told me to check the freezer in the center of the floor with the frozen appetizers and novelties and there they were! Kind of a weird place for them, it didn’t look like they really had a set area where they belonged...
    ekdo929q40v9.jpeg
  • glassyo
    Options
    So the Quest tortilla chips are definitely more similar to their regular protein chips than Doritos in my opinion (if you’re considering texture, not taste - which IS very very similar if not identical), but I still love them and couldn’t expect more for the calories and macros. They’re not as thick as Doritos, but thicker than the regular protein chips. However, they have A TON of flavor! Honestly, I can’t tell which one I like more... The nacho cheese is truly just as cheesy as a bag of Cheetos!!!! The ranch nailed the flavor for those addicted to ranch and I’m not getting as bored of it as quick as I am the cheese, which is actually almost TOO much cheddar for me! Both flavors I rate a 10/10 though. Will not disappoint any Quest Chips lover!
    o06udp8h45x3.jpeg

Yay! Glad to hear this. I only bought one case of each flavor (and some more of the cheddar and sour cream protein chips) but I might buy more of the tortilla chips now.

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options

I also went to Aldi to check for that new ice cream, AND THEY HAD IT. No price tag was with them but they rang up $2.99 each. I checked with the regular ice cream on the shelf and didn’t see them, but something inside me told me to check the freezer in the center of the floor with the frozen appetizers and novelties and there they were! Kind of a weird place for them, it didn’t look like they really had a set area where they belonged...
    ekdo929q40v9.jpeg

It seems like products that they have in the middle freezer section are often limited time offerings, at least at my store. If you want to keep them around, maybe reach out to Aldi corporate and let them know you're a fan!
  • hgycta
    edited June 2018
    Options

ekdo929q40v9.jpeg

It seems like products that they have in the middle freezer section are often limited time offerings, at least at my store. If you want to keep them around, maybe reach out to Aldi corporate and let them know you're a fan!

Honestly I have a hard time believing these would be limited time only, I feel like too many people would buy them! But I’ll do that!
    I had the chocolate and honestly I’m curious if Eden Creamery (the company that makes Halo Top) is behind this? I can’t imagine how else they would get away with making the containers look nearly identical and use such similar ingredients. The chocolate tastes and feels like the original Halo Top did before they changed the recipe to make it softer. Very dense and I liked it a lot! There’s no way this isn’t Halo Top, they probably just changed the name so people wouldn’t think any less of them for being cheaper...
    i3jd504mv9c2.jpeg
  • hgycta
    Options
    I haven't tried Nush cakes yet but I've been following them in case they offered a good sale making it more affordable.
    Well, no sale, but better - free samples! They also let you choose which two you'd like :) I chose carrot spice and peanut butter! I can't wait :D I hope they're good!
    https://mailchi.mp/nushfoods/sample-signup
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Nush cakes yet but I've been following them in case they offered a good sale making it more affordable.
    Well, no sale, but better - free samples! They also let you choose which two you'd like :) I chose carrot spice and peanut butter! I can't wait :D I hope they're good!

Thanks! I chose banana nut and cherry almond. My fiance chose blueberry and carrot spice!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on the NUSH Cakes. I have Blueberry and Carrot Cake on the way :D Oh, and Lenny and Larry's got back to me -- I'll be receiving my samples soon! I'm gonna have a lot of pastries in the mail lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Omg awesome thanks for sharing always wanted to try these !
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,838 Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads up. I got peanut butter and the tropical one. Hope they are good
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

It's not another L&L limited link, is it? Haha.

The flavors don't excite me but we'll see. Having to subscribe to the newsletter is annoying!
  • Moondancer77
    Moondancer77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

Have you tried Powercrunch bars? They come in several flavors. I love trying new bars when I see them because bars can be really gross and these are the best tasting I've found for the carbs and calories.

I've also recently discovered One bars. The maple doughnut tastes like maple candy! Theyre a little higher in calories and carbs, but that maple one is an awesome replacement for candy. The birthday cake is good too.