What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Am I expected to give money/gifts to every kid whose graduation party I attend?

right?

we had to attend the graduation party of some kid name Skyler.

as we were returning home, I made the comment that: Skyler seemed to be a pretty good guy.

my wife informed me that Skyler was a girl and we had given her twenty five dollars.

great, twenty five dollars for some kid I obviously don't even know.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

It depends. How much do you wanna be talked about behind your back for being El Cheapo? :lol:
    PS, I say give what you can to who you want.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

right?

as we were returning home, I made the comment that: Skyler seemed to be a pretty good guy.

my wife informed me that Skyler was a girl and we had given her twenty five dollars.

The name Skyler gets an automatic 10 dollar gift reduction. Blame the parents.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Skyler would get a leftover Applebee's gift card with $11.43 on it..
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Skyler would get a leftover Applebee's gift card with $11.43 on it..

Just enough for breadsticks and a tip.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

right?

The name Skyler gets an automatic 10 dollar gift reduction. Blame the parents.

some of these kids' names.....

I once bought a Barbie doll with all the accessories for some kid named Dakota.

I had to refinance our home to afford all of that gear, then Dakota turns out to be a 5 year old boy.

I apologized to the parents for the confusion ( I still blame it on my son for his 5 year old inability to distinguish his classmate's gender ) but at the same time, I wanted to ask the mom: "What's wrong with naming your son Bob or Dave or Jimmy ?"
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    People:

Not you people. Real life people.

Respect the text response window! If I take 8 hours to respond, do not text me back right away! God, have you NO manners
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    People:

Not you people. Real life people.

Respect the text response window! If I take 8 hours to respond, do not text me back right away! God, have you NO manners

In this same vein, how much do you hate apps that tell people you're online?

Biggest *kitten* breach of privacy ever. *kitten*
  • BrokenFather
    BrokenFather Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That a heavy heart, sharp tongue and an impulsive personality are a recipe for disaster.

Sounds like a good time
  • BrokenFather
    BrokenFather Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tag team back again.

Oh my
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Tag team back again.

Check it to wreck it, let’s begin
  • Motorsheen
    Options

It depends. How much do you wanna be talked about behind your back for being El Cheapo? :lol:

We have no less than 10 parties that I know of already. A few more that I know I will get suckered into. I wonder if Oriental Trading Company has graduation gifts :D

this is easy.

step one: Give them all checks for $20

step two: accidentally forget to sign the checks
  • 81Katz
    Options

We have no less than 10 parties that I know of already. A few more that I know I will get suckered into. I wonder if Oriental Trading Company has graduation gifts :D

Probably. I've found some neat items on Oriental Trading.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    How do you get Roll Tide out of Crimson Tide?
    And whats an opossum?
  • 81Katz
    Options
    And whats an opossum?

It's when a possum does something wrong, like eat your garbage but when you see him with pizza hanging out of his mouth it's kinda cute so you go "O possum!"
    For real .. :wink:
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    And whats an opossum?

Same as a possum but in America. Maybe a different sub species or something but it's a grey rodent that plays dead

Ok.. lol.. I don't think ours play dead, nasty critters except for the little sugar gliders .. they're super cute.