What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How do we know like really know when we’re making the right choice?

There will be a great flash like a nuclear warhead going off and a choir of angels will sing, “You haaaaaaave maaaade the riiiiiiii-iiiiiiii-iiiiiii-iiiiiii-iiiiight choooooooooooice.”
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

I believe every choice has an equal chance to be right or wrong, it's what you do with your choice that determines a lot of which it is.
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Really don’t wanna work today...bleh
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

We don't. We make some good calls and some bad. But I believe all things happen as they are meant to , so whatever the choice you just live with the result. It's all you can do.
    :*
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    If you trust yourself to be able to handle the outcome, then it is usually a decent choice. Plus, we often learn more when things don't work out how we'd like them to
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

you are supposed to make a chit chat poll about it, and follow internet advice
  • PAFC84
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »

I believe every choice has an equal chance to be right or wrong, it's what you do with your choice that determines a lot of which it is.

The choice is for work, and when the choice is made it is done, there is no going back. Theres nothing left I can do with it as it will be out of my hands then. Like I have all of the information in front of me, and the info says what I SHOULD do but it doesn’t FEEL right. I’m just going to have to take more time to figure it out I guess.

If it doesn't feel right, then don't do it.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

The choice is for work, and when the choice is made it is done, there is no going back. Theres nothing left I can do with it as it will be out of my hands then. Like I have all of the information in front of me, and the info says what I SHOULD do but it doesn’t FEEL right. I’m just going to have to take more time to figure it out I guess.

Does it not feel right because you are scared of the change, or for moral reasons?
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2018
    Options

If we never take risks we will never grow as a person, even if in the end we end up regretting our choice. <3

Yep....just ask those guys in the slammer. Orange really is their colour but without the risk, they never would have known
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options

Does it not feel right because you are scared of the change, or for moral reasons?

It doesn’t feel right because I feel like this should be a last case scenario. In my opinion there are a few steps that should be taken before making such a final decission. I am picking up this case left over from the person who was in my position before me. I’m supposed to have a decission made today and I’m having difficulty making it because I feel like the case was half assed to begin with.

Oh, I thought you were looking at some sort of career change or something.

Seems like there should be some sort of extension that can be made if representation changed?
  • PAFC84
    Options

It doesn’t feel right because I feel like this should be a last case scenario. In my opinion there are a few steps that should be taken before making such a final decission. I am picking up this case left over from the person who was in my position before me. I’m supposed to have a decission made today and I’m having difficulty making it because I feel like the case was half assed to begin with.

Seems like there should be some sort of extension that can be made if representation changed?

The families court date is coming up, so perhaps by a few days. But I’m going to make a case and see if i’ll be approved to start fresh as I can’t make a decision with a good conscious when I feel the family wasn’t given all opportunities.

See talking about if ok mfp does help ;)

Just cite us in your reasoning.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

The families court date is coming up, so perhaps by a few days. But I’m going to make a case and see if i’ll be approved to start fresh as I can’t make a decision with a good conscious when I feel the family wasn’t given all opportunities.

This is my point, the decision to take the case is not right or wrong, it's how you approach taking it that will decide for you.
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Sounds very stressful...trust your gut! You seem very level headed! You’ll make the right decision. Hope it all works out for you!!!
  • T_143
    T_143 Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options

Most of the time I don’t think we really know until after we’ve made our choice. Sometimes we just have to follow what’s in our hearts. Good luck girlie! :heart:

But, if you do figure this out...please let me know.
  • PAFC84
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

Just cite us in your reasoning.

I'll be sure too!

One "o" in that version of "to". Perhaps on second thoughts.....;)
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    How this one time i...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    @Maid_of_Mischief1
    Where did you go?! :anguished: