Any 30-Day Shredders out there?

Options

Replies

• PinkableLove
    Options
    So I did level 3 for the first time today and I must say it is harder than level 2 but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I managed to push through it and finished it. It seems like it will get easier.

Has anyone else tried level three?

Hey Pink..tell me more...I'm really motivated to get up to it next week. What was hard? Anything that really needs modifying??? (I have those darn knee problems, and Level 2's been really easy to manage...easier than Level 1, for me).

Thanks,

M
    I found that the cardio and abs were a lot easier than level 2. In one of the circuits the cardio is the same as level 1 and 2 but with the hand weights. The abs is sit-ups and and some other moves that are relatively easy. I found that the last ab move was hard but I was able to push through it. The strength was harder because of the mountain climbers (which i had to modify) and there is walking push-ups. There is also another strength move which is like the walkout push-ups from level 2 only backwards. You start on your elbows and have to move to your hands and back down to your elbows, all in a plank position.

I found I only had to modify that move and the walking push-ups. But overall I enjoyed level 3 more than level 2.

Good info!!!! Now I'm really excited to get throught this week and move on to Level 3. Thanks!!!! Have a great Sunday!!!!:smile::flowerforyou:
    Your welcome :happy: ... I actually moved up to level 3 early. I wasn't supposed to move up until Thursday (assuming you do the 10 days on each level) but I wanted to give myself time to adjust to the moves so the last 10 days I can actually do the entire level start to finish.
  • plumpgirl
    Options
    :heart: I enjoy the shred. I only do it four days a week, but it really does work. I too, will be on level one for a bit. My goal is to get to level two by the end of March.
    I love the support from this site, it makes me happy.:happy:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Pink...on Level 1, I was going to have to throw in the towel if I had to do it one more day...and now I'm just curious, more than anything, about the challenge of Level 3. I did the BL Power Sculpt today, it was pretty good....but I plan to kick it up with a round of The Shred in about an hour. My body is starting to do a mini-plateu, so I really want to mix it up and make sure it gets going again. Any thoughts on that?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am going to join you shredders until Mar 8 before I go on my spring vacation. This morning I did all the three levels with a 5 minute stretch on my own at the end. It took me 1hr 25 mins and I burned 632 cals. I always feel so powerful after I do all three levels!!! I dont shred everyday, never have. I will do it every other day, 2-3 levels at a time, time permitting. I wear my IPod and mute the tv when I do it, Jillian can get annoying :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alf, WOW all 3 in one day! You will be smoking hot for spring break! I have favorites in the first 2 levels that I know I will be incorporating in my workouts. Can't wait to see what level 3 is all about tommorrow.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I am going to join you shredders until Mar 8 before I go on my spring vacation. This morning I did all the three levels with a 5 minute stretch on my own at the end. It took me 1hr 25 mins and I burned 632 cals. I always feel so powerful after I do all three levels!!! I dont shred everyday, never have. I will do it every other day, 2-3 levels at a time, time permitting. I wear my IPod and mute the tv when I do it, Jillian can get annoying :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:

ALF: Now that's an idea!!!!!!!!!!! All three in a day...major power workout!!!:happy: I think I will aspire to be doing that by Spring Break. :smile:

Duffyzmom: Please let me know what you think of Level three...I'm planing to start it next weekend.

MINI PLATEU BUSTER: I had a mini plateu this past week, so yesterday I shook up my workout by adding Level 1 of BL Power Sculpt after my Spin Cycle Routine. It worked!!!! I got the scle budging again, hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm hoping I don't jinx myself and have it go back the other way....YIKES...that would stink! ANYWAY....I am floating around the house this morning...I feel so good...like things are starting to work! Who knew eating so healthy & working out hard could feel soooooo good? :wink:
  • PinkableLove
    Options
    I hear ya Pink...on Level 1, I was going to have to throw in the towel if I had to do it one more day...and now I'm just curious, more than anything, about the challenge of Level 3. I did the BL Power Sculpt today, it was pretty good....but I plan to kick it up with a round of The Shred in about an hour. My body is starting to do a mini-plateu, so I really want to mix it up and make sure it gets going again. Any thoughts on that?
    I think that is a good idea. I try once or twice a week to incorporate something other than the shred into my workout, just to mix it up and keep my body going too.

Hmm once I get a little better at level 3, i'm thinking doing all 3 levels at once might not be so bad.
  • alf1163
    Options
    When I first got the video last year I will tell you I was dissapointed. I am not in mega shape but I consider myself pretty fit for a 45 yr old and I like a challenge. Doing just one level was just burning me under 200 cals and I really wanted to burn more. So I went online to research and found a site where some people were commenting that the workout is good and I agree but it is just not enough for someone who needs or wants more than 25 mins. They suggested not doing it everyday, which I knew was not effective, and doing 2-3 levels at time. So Is started doing 2 levels at a time, mixing them up, 1 and 2 one day, 2 and 3 two days later, and so on...I am pretty satisfied that way. I had hit a plateau around Aug last year so I did this the whole month in sep every other day, with some other cardio the non shred days...that is when I reached my weight goal of 125lbs. On the last day of my challenge I did all three levels.

So I am shredding again, every other day until Mar 8, I will try to do all 3 levels each time, if not at least 2 levels. I use from 3-12lb dumbells and I dance while she is explaining an exercise...I am not really listening to her, I mute the tv, I wear my IPod :laugh:

Level 3 is not bad at all!!!! Lots of fun, different exercises, plyometrics. I think it is my favorite level. Level 1 is the one I hate the most, hate push ups :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options

Level 3 is not bad at all!!!! Lots of fun, different exercises, plyometrics. I think it is my favorite level. Level 1 is the one I hate the most, hate push ups :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I can't wait to try it...Sunday's the big day, I think!!!! I hope!!!! :smile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Today I did levels 2, 3 and 1, in that order...I did not have a lot of energy by the time I was doing level 1 at the end but I did it!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Today I did levels 2, 3 and 1, in that order...I did not have a lot of energy by the time I was doing level 1 at the end but I did it!!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm afraid I'd have a seizure!!! HA!!!:laugh: No, seriously, as soon as I'm up to it, I'm going for it...I love how good I feel after that workout...I feel like I've REALLY worked out hard in just 25 minutes. I bet you sleep really well afterward!!!???
  • duffyzmom
    Options

I'm afraid I'd have a seizure!!! HA!!!:laugh: No, seriously, as soon as I'm up to it, I'm going for it...I love how good I feel after that workout...I feel like I've REALLY worked out hard in just 25 minutes. I bet you sleep really well afterward!!!???

You and me both Mickie. Yesterday I thought about doing more than one level and then changed my mind. Thank goodness because level 3 is still killing me! Did I mention I find it very difficult? It is all that explosive moves. I will finish out the 30 days on level 3 then I'm thinking about just doing my favs from all 3 levels. I actually like the push-ups and am considering doing the 100 pushups challenge.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Yes, challenge yourselves!!!!!!!!!!! You can start by doing two levels at a time first. I am a little injured right now so I am going to miss it :brokenheart: Maybe I can still do it but modify the jumping and things that put too much stress on my feet....I think I am going to try that tomorrow morning and see how I feel...what do you think Duffy? Would I still be overdoing it? Keep shredding gals!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I'm still planning to move up to Level 3 on Sunday..but suddenly, I've noticed some of the arm movements are killing me. It's weird, I was able to get through all of them before, now I have to take a quick break here and there. Does anyone else find themselves doing that? For me, it's especially with the military press one.

Alf...what on earth did you do? Is it your ankle???? I hope you are on the mend soon!!!:flowerforyou:

PS: I love the walk out push-ups....I know, that's weird!!!!:laugh:
  • Lilith_C
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels! I've been doing her 30 day shred off and on for a few weeks. Does anyone know if it's alright (beneficial) to keep doing the same exercises every day? I feel like I'm suppose to rest the muscle, or something. BTW, she nearly "killed" me in Metabolism Boast! Have you tried it? I quit exercising this week, because my feet hurt. So, make certain all of you has adequate arch support. I'm afraid I gained some weight back. :sad:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels! I've been doing her 30 day shred off and on for a few weeks. Does anyone know if it's alright (beneficial) to keep doing the same exercises every day? I feel like I'm suppose to rest the muscle, or something. BTW, she nearly "killed" me in Metabolism Boast! Have you tried it? I quit exercising this week, because my feet hurt. So, make certain all of you has adequate arch support. I'm afraid I gained some weight back. :sad:

That's interesting that your feet hurt...some of us have been complaining about our feet or ankles...but I got sick and had to take a rest, and now that I'm back, it doesn't bother me too much....it mostly hurt in Level 1. ??? I haven't tried Metabolism Boost...is it harder than The Shred?

I have heard some people do an "off day" with the Shred...I've been taking one day off, and two if my schedule gets too crazy...but doing it everyday keeps my weight in check, I've noticed! (So far....don't want to jinx myself)!:laugh:

I'm so tempted to try Level 3 today...but I'm going to try to wait and do it tomorrow. Instead, i think I will do Power Sculpt and Level 2 today...that should be a really intense workout! :smile:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Yes, challenge yourselves!!!!!!!!!!! You can start by doing two levels at a time first. I am a little injured right now so I am going to miss it :brokenheart: Maybe I can still do it but modify the jumping and things that put too much stress on my feet....I think I am going to try that tomorrow morning and see how I feel...what do you think Duffy? Would I still be overdoing it? Keep shredding gals!! :flowerforyou:

I'm not sure if you can adequately modify the shred and heal your foot. I'm liking my Power 90 Cardio Circuit for my low impact work outs because it is very easy to maintain your heart rate without pounding the feet, ankles, knees etc.

Alf: I don't suppose you can get to a pool. That would be the best right now and I'm always amazed at how I'm huffing and puffing swimming laps.

Next week I'm going to try combining levels. I'm making it through level 3 but it is definitely my least favorite of the 3. 2 is probably my fav.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Thank you for your concern Mickie!! I am doing alright...I was supposed to shred yesterday but I did the stationary bike instead. This morning I wanted to shred so bad that I did!! But I modified all the jumping, everything else I did the same. I noticed I had so much more energy to do the strenght parts when I did not do so much jumping. I also burned a lot of calories for not jumping so much...I did levels 3, 1 and 2, in that order. I burned 509 cals. My average HR was 130, my max was 164!! (I am 45 yrs old). So that was pretty good for not doing it all the way. My foot has not hurt at all today.

I am no expert but please try not to do this dvd every day. I really think you should do it every other day. You are still using light weight because she does so many reps but you are still doing some resistance training. I have never done it every day. And when you think one level is not enough do two at a time or three if you want!! Or do one level two or three times...

:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Oh, and forgot to add!!! Please stretch longer!!!!! Their stretches are not enough!!! You should hold your stretches for about 30 seconds and stretch all the muscles you used. :flowerforyou:
  • Mickie17
    Options
    Oh, and forgot to add!!! Please stretch longer!!!!! Their stretches are not enough!!! You should hold your stretches for about 30 seconds and stretch all the muscles you used. :flowerforyou:

I absolutely agree! The stretching is NOT long enough. I've found that if I go take the dogs for a walk right after, that's a pretty good cool down for me....Today I'm going to be a manic....30 min of Spin Cycle, 20 of Power Sculpt, Shred Level 2, then 20 min of pilates. I just feel so energetic today and I really want to get into it (plus, TOTAL TRUTH ALERT, I found some See's Candy in my "Emergency Chocolate Cupboard"...and well, I want some of it...but I know I have to earn it through exercise!!!!) :laugh: