June Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    @twyla77 re: blank books/notebooks...I do that too!!!
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Didn't have a chance to check in yesterday. I went to a flea market as my planned self-care activity to poke around but it wasn't very relaxing - the vendors were really pushy/rude (I had never been to this flea market before but that's not usually my experience elsewhere). I had a long day but before bed I cleaned out my fridge and did a clay mask to make up for my not so relaxing attempt at self-care earlier in the day.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I did some qi gong exercises today. I've been resisting for a long time, even though I'm a woo woo enough person to believe we Westerners miss out on a lot of Eastern health benefits. Anyway, my husband does qi gong daily, and I finally had him send me links to some of what he does. I have to say, after 10 minutes, I felt stretched out and calm. I might add that to my daily routine for a while and see what happens. At the very least, it will force me to stretch out after strength training and cardio.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,190 Member
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    i love stationary & notebooks and spend far too much money on that sort of thing, but i found out a special notebook i’ve been wanting for a long time was now available, so in order to justify it ($30 for a blank notebook) i walked the hour & a half to the store, and hour & a half home! So I got some exercise on a beautiful day and also now have a gorgeous new notebook! (that i will never write in, just keep on the shelf with the other 80+ that i’ve collected and cant bring myself to write in lol.)

I love notebooks, journals and paper! I also considered joining an old fashioned pen pal club where you write your letters on beautiful stationary ; they sell lovely paper too. I just may do that!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,190 Member
    Options
    I tried intermittent fasting today. I didn't eat past 8:00 pm last night and lasted til 11:00 this morning. My goal is 16 hours but it was a good try for now.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Exercised today and going to try and clear my mind before bed
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I love pretty hardback notebooks too! I have quite the collection spanning back decades. I do write in mine, but I keep each one strictly for a specific subject. This means that when I'm in the mood to write, sometimes I need to line up three or four so I can get all of my thoughts down.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Self care this time was the opposite of yesterday's. My sister and her husband took my almost-two-year old twins and my five year old to the beach, leaving me at home in glorious solitude. I had a really lovely three hours that were all about me.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    CrowChild wrote: »
    Set up a basin of water out in the sunshine for my toddler twins and spent a really enjoyable afternoon with them watching them play. There's something about babies laughing that lifts the heart and mine giggled all day long.

I know that isn't strictly speaking something for me, but it was a pleasure to just spend time with my family and be happy.
    CrowChild wrote: »
    Self care this time was the opposite of yesterday's. My sister and her husband took my almost-two-year old twins and my five year old to the beach, leaving me at home in glorious solitude. I had a really lovely three hours that were all about me.

@CrowChild So lovely, both of these! :heart:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    June 4: lovely breakfast outside followed by reading

June 5: 30-Min relaxation tape via YouTube - Bliss
    And outdoor breakfast...thought of not doing it, but missed the sunlight thru the bright green leaves..
    it’s all about tiny habits!! Even self-care :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,960 Member
    Options
    I need to give this challenge more thought! Today I took a short walk at lunch, just enjoying nature.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @SarahKim17
    I know it took me 27 days in May to figure out I needed to start actively thinking of what would provide real self-care for me!

You’re quicker! :)