What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I've learned that I've never actually heard Monster Mash. I've only heard a song about the Monster Mash.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    A million things....Im sure I’m forgetting something.
  • 2VORNT2V
    2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Becca deserved better
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I hate auto correct and reading back on posts I’ve made in haste and missing stupid grammatical errors because I was too lazy to reread it. I’m not sure what’s worse, allowing it to effect me or not caring at all!

I have a bad habit of not re-reading until right after I hit post. And fat thumb syndrome. Not a good mix.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I hate auto correct and reading back on posts I’ve made in haste and missing stupid grammatical errors because I was too lazy to reread it. I’m not sure what’s worse, allowing it to effect me or not caring at all!

It happens to me in almost all my posts, I care, but it also doesn't effect me. Look around you....selfies, gifs, nonsense, if grammar and typos bother anyone in this atmosphere of suspended reality, then I would look at them far more critical then the wrongly auto corrected author.......
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »

It happens to me in almost all my posts, I care, but it also doesn't effect me. Look around you....selfies, gifs, nonsense, if grammar and typos bother anyone in this atmosphere of suspended reality, then I would look at them far more critical then the wrongly auto corrected author.......

Depends on the person, if I were in some some sort of writing or editing profession I could see it being really annoying. I suck at spelling and grammar though, so typically I don't really catch the nitty gritty stuff. The obvious ones bug me a bit, especially when its enough that I can't really understand what you are trying to say.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Worried about missing my connecting flight. I don't want to be stuck in DC for longer than a few minutes. I'm pretty sure the place is superfund site of corruption as well as mental health and social disease.

Stop worrying!!! Just enjoy the time away from reality.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    How do we know like really know when we’re making the right choice?

I believe every choice has an equal chance to be right or wrong, it's what you do with your choice that determines a lot of which it is.

Completely agree. It's not necessarily making the right choice as it is making your choice right. Sounds cliche, but I think I just made it up. Or maybe I live under a rock.

As in basing your choice on logical reason rather than impulse and feelings?

Here's what I meant: Make the best decision you can with the information available (this is where the choice may or may not be "right" but you made the best one you can with what you know at the time), and then once that choice is made, you do what you're able to, to make it "right" by giving it your best effort. (this is what I meant by making your choice "right")

Bojack said it a lot better. I'm multitasking right now, not giving full attention to a conference call :(

So are you making the "right" choice right now? Hmmm
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

I believe every choice has an equal chance to be right or wrong, it's what you do with your choice that determines a lot of which it is.

Completely agree. It's not necessarily making the right choice as it is making your choice right. Sounds cliche, but I think I just made it up. Or maybe I live under a rock.

Here's what I meant: Make the best decision you can with the information available (this is where the choice may or may not be "right" but you made the best one you can with what you know at the time), and then once that choice is made, you do what you're able to, to make it "right" by giving it your best effort. (this is what I meant by making your choice "right")

Bojack said it a lot better. I'm multitasking right now, not giving full attention to a conference call :(

He’s merely exhibiting proof that men can’t multitask effectively.

:D
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Due to the fact that people talk smack about other people privately, but are so sweet and nice with them on here, I wonder how many people are talking *kitten* behind my back and smiling to my face here.

That's on my mind.

This is one of many reasons why I keep to myself :)
  • BrokenFather
    BrokenFather Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Due to the fact that people talk smack about other people privately, but are so sweet and nice with them on here, I wonder how many people are talking *kitten* behind my back and smiling to my face here.

That's on my mind.

I've wondered what's said about me too

All the things

Everyone talks about everyone behind their back. Some good, some bad. Depends. Very few will admit it if confronted.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

He’s merely exhibiting proof that men can’t multitask effectively.

that's not necessarily true....

I'm able to both view the LBD thread and type with my left hand at the same time.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ugh.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

That's on my mind.

Best thing to do is not feed into it. And say directly to the person that their negativity is unnecessary and unkind....or something to that effect.

Oops quoted the wrong post... @Clever_User_Name
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

That's on my mind.

I am not a worrying person, I worry about very little, but I am always concerned that I am just a constant annoyance to the people I talk with
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

That's on my mind.

Usually I hear that you can't eat with chopsticks. @DeadliftsAndChopsticks
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

That's on my mind.

I am not a worrying person, I worry about very little, but I am always concerned that I am just a constant annoyance to the people I talk with

But much of my youth was spent being told how annoying I was so