Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Sinsanati wrote: »
    I totally failed at my day one attempt. Oh well. try again today.

The great news is every day can be DAY 1 ! Dont give up. I can see that you're determined.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @mgiron- Volunteering to be the DD is a no fail way for me to stay sober. It's easy to make the decision to stay sober in advance and then cave in when the party starts, but I find that if I am accountable to people other than myself, i can stay strong. Also a great idea about taking a limited amount of cash. Good luck to you!

@trishfit2014- Awesome job on 40 days AF. I agree that there are so many physical benefits that we need to be reminded of.

Last night was my first AF night in June, but I only drank moderately on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. However, even drinking moderately, I noticed an elevated resting heart rate the next morning. This morning when I woke up, my RHR was only 45, about 10 beats lower than the other days when I had at least one drink the evening before. I am an analytical person by nature and this is the hard core factual kind of evidence that helps to keep me going.
    This morning I got up at 4:30 and met my running group at a local track for some speed work. I left my house and ran to the track under a bright moon and a crystal clear sky, with cool temps, no humidity and barely another soul in sight. It was magical. After my work out I jogged to Starbucks, ordered my morning joe and had a beautiful sunrise walk home. A perfect reward for an alcohol free evening.

It is magical the way you describe it. I always say there are some feelings/moments that money just can't buy. What a great way to start the day!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »

This is so real. My face was bloated and my under eye circles were out of control. I have lost weight after trying and failing for quite a while. My workouts rock. I am 40 days AF and the physical changes are amazing.

40 days! Bravo! Yes, i bet you're skin shines, no puffiness, no bags under the eyes, and so much more. And you brain is going back to normal. I'm so happy for you!
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    edmudman wrote: »
    I downloaded the EasyQuitDrinking app yesterday, there are many similar apps out there. I like the health stats page, showing things such as how your blood alcohol level is improving, along with cell regeneration, liver health, mental health etc. Also how much money you've saved and how many hours/days of lifetime you've regained.
    I find it motivating, as I don't want to reset those numbers back zero and have to start again! It's a game and a challenge, which I find better than viewing it as a struggle.

Having introduced myself, does anyone have any motivational websites / apps that do the same sort of thing for drinking in moderation? :)