Less Alcohol- June 2018- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• edmudman
    edmudman Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Having introduced myself, does anyone have any motivational websites / apps that do the same sort of thing for drinking in moderation? :)
    Have a look at Club Soda website and FB pages, they do both AF and Mindful drinking .
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @donimfp and others here who are interested in the idea of "brewing" ice tea in the refrigerator. I tried it, and it's great. Wanted to pass on that I have a 750 ml Camelbak water bottler that I wasn't using all that much (I usually use a smaller one), so I threw two herbal tea bags in there, added filtered water from the front of my refrigerator and left it overnight. Drinking it now and it's really good and in a convenient to-go bottle.
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    edmudman wrote: »

Having introduced myself, does anyone have any motivational websites / apps that do the same sort of thing for drinking in moderation? :)
    Have a look at Club Soda website and FB pages, they do both AF and Mindful drinking .

Thanks! I'll check it out.
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sinsanati wrote: »
    I totally failed at my day one attempt. Oh well. try again today.

Same!
  • AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    @edmudman thank you!! Today is a new day for sure!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    For those of a certain age that loved David Cassidy.......this is heartbreaking.

https://people.com/tv/david-cassidys-never-had-dementia/
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    For those of a certain age that loved David Cassidy.......this is heartbreaking.

https://people.com/tv/david-cassidys-never-had-dementia/

This is so sad
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Here is David Cassidy in his own words. Do you want this to be you? I don't want this to be me. He will never know it but he is giving some one (probably many people) a GIFT from beyond the grave with this recording.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/david-cassidy-talks-alcoholism-dementia-in-last-session-clip-w521171
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    @lorrainequiche59, we share the same evil twin! Everything you said is ditto for me.

Today is Day 6 and begins 3 days of alcohol-soaked events. Tonight we are being treated to dinner at a wonderful restaurant where I normally begin with a martini and go on from there. I won't be drinking. Tomorrow, I'm the designated driver for my mom's birthday gift of a vodka distillery tour--just Mom and my sister and me. There are some good vodkas around here--Tito's, Deep Eddy, Dripping Springs--but the fact that I'm driving will be my saving grace. Friday night I'm invited to a "Whine and Wine" party--all women and always a lot of fun. I've already included in my e-vite RSVP that I'm doing an alcohol-free June but promise to contribute my share of "whine." That way, I've "announced" already that I won't be drinking. I figure if I can make it to day 9 AF, I'll have cause to celebrate.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! Please share your success at the end of the "sober" weekend. Sending positive vibes your way B)