June Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,854 Member
    Options
    ShaynaMmg wrote: »
    I’m in! This sounds amazing!
    I’m weaning off of the antidepressant I’ve been on for the last year, my last expected day is July 15th, and I’m nervous but look forward to creating my own happiness. I hope that following this challenge will make my transition smoother :smiley:

I hope so too
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I gotta work on my notebook time - I get distracted really easily! That is one reason this challenge is so valuable, focusing is a learned skill and one I don't practice enough. Today was a run day, so I had to get up and out before it got too hot, but tomorrow I hope to sit outside with my notebook some more.
  • S_Tr_S
    S_Tr_S Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    @Orphia thank you!

This is a great challenge. I'm finding that identifying the small things that make me happy every day is really making me focus on where I am in my life.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    CrowChild wrote: »
    I signed up for an online course that will take most of the rest of the year. Finding the time and commitment will be a stretch, but I know I can do it. I'm very excited to start.

Awesome!

I've done 3 shorter courses so far this year, in photography, training & endurance, and nutrition.

I've been using an app called Todoist which lets me make lists and reminders for different days, and it's been SO helpful!

I made weekends days I needed to study.

I've set these things to do every day and have been doing them (and lots of other things):
    use my spiky ball on my sore muscles,
    breathing exercises,
    handstand practice.

Love my Todoist app. Humans are very reward-driven, and I find it so rewarding to tick off a task.
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to physical therapy and went to bed earlier than normal. I also napped for about 20 minutes which I never let myself do (because when I sleep, it's usually pretty soundly and for a long time).
  • katy_maher
    katy_maher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tonight, I'm going to an acrylic painting class ! I havent done that in about 6 years. I used to love to do art as a hobby. Last night, I went to see one of my fav performers at an outdoor pavilion on a clear night with the lights of the city behind. I just looked at everything and took it in. And said to myself, this is a good life.

Both of these are awesome! I love doing crafts in my house but need to do a better job of making time for it and not just saving it as an afterthought. I'd love to try a class in something new as well...perhaps I'll look into it!
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Cuddled with my cat after work. Then went to the gym and ran on the treadmill while watching my favorite TV program.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this challenge. I did not realize how much I have been neglecting myself. Tonight I took a long shower, leisurely washed my hair, did some long forgotten personal grooming and gave myself a soothing facial. All this without having my mother sitting on the toilet, and me sticking my head out every 20 seconds to make sure she wasn't putting something like toilet paper or soap in her mouth. My mom has Alzheimer's and requires constant supervision.

Self care is wonderful.

Welcome! Sounds like you really deserved that! :heart:
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Notebook time went better today! First of all I armed myself with bug spray so I wasn't driven crazy by sweat bees. Then I sat outside and enjoyed the morning and plotted a story.

Since losing weight I keep buying clothes! And shoes! And more clothes! But today was a good day, some shoes I took a risk on ordering from China finally arrived and I love them, as well as some really nice shoes I bought second hand. Eventually I am going to have to work on self discipline as well as self love, but right now I'm having fun. It's been ten years or more since I felt pretty!

Enjoy your success! Retail therapy is a lot of fun!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this challenge. I did not realize how much I have been neglecting myself. Tonight I took a long shower, leisurely washed my hair, did some long forgotten personal grooming and gave myself a soothing facial. All this without having my mother sitting on the toilet, and me sticking my head out every 20 seconds to make sure she wasn't putting something like toilet paper or soap in her mouth. My mom has Alzheimer's and requires constant supervision.

Self care is wonderful.

Ahh I feel for you. It is a rough life for you. Happy you are still taking even small moments for self care.