JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    karlijb wrote: »
    Hi all. Joining this thread after 25 straight days of logging. Realizing I eat too much fat in my diet and need consistent sleep. So I'm going to get off this app now and try to sleep...and choose lower fat options tomorrow for food. Wish me luck! Go get your goals people! :)

Hi! Good luck! :)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. 2 Waters before 12 - lots of water :)
    4. 10 Squats each bathroom trip :)
    5. Pick up a healthy lunch at grocery store at 10am break :) Birdseye protein blend thai style with a store prepared grilled chicken breast was a delicious healthy "I forgot my lunch" lunch for about $5!
    6. Get dogs nails done :)
    7. Schedule dog daycare for Friday :'( Closed
    8. Make toiletries packing list - pack what you can tonight :) Packed and ready to go! If I forgot something, I can buy or borrow (Have to tell myself this so I dont panic!)
    9. Straighten out living room, declutter dining room table so we come home to a semi clean house :)
    10. Breakfast for dinner :)

Another busy night - managed to get it all done (plus a dog walk!) before 8:30 and into bed by 9! Prioritizing sleep makes a huge difference for me. Need to reduce screen time even more. Today will be a long one - travel in the evening means I need to hydrate - but not too much! I think I'll take some preemptive ibuprofen. Need to make a CVS stop to grab that - any must have travel recommendations or tips much welcome!

JFT Thursday
    1. Meds AM - skip spiro PM
    2. Log all food
    3. Most water in before 3PM
    4. 10 wall push ups each bathroom trip
    5. Healthy choices with a few treats
    6. Take Ibuprofen after lunch
    7. Stop at CVS - bring list
    8. Charge phone fully before leaving
    9. Be kind
    10. Have fun!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 Congrats on onederland! You should be so proud of yourself! (Sorry I missed it yesterday.)

Recap W 6/6
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.42 mi 1:00:10 / stretched after = happy dog :sunglasses: & happy me :sunglasses:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,627 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 42 floors :smiley:
    3) More leftovers day / net calories green / monitor usual = Oops... ate well & stayed on track all day, closed MFP diary, then evening snack attack of mixed nuts >:) ~ which I forced myself to log this morning. :s 14c water. :)
    4) Post on JFT for June challenge ~ emotional eating / challenges + alternatives / what am I doing differently? = out of time :# ~ maybe this week? Putting ideas in writing for others to see may really help. ;) Mostly, I have snack attacks when I'm tired (WHY?) or bored/lonely.
    5) Evening at least 3 - 4 to-do's = 2 loads laundry, washed dishes, balanced checkbooks :smile: :smile: :smile:
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 mind not racing & sleep is so much easier >:) 9:45 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 >:) not sure when, just not early enough :s (walk dog or cross-train before work)

JFT R 6/7
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.59 mi 1:02:17 pace 17:20 = happy dog B) & happy me B) ~ once I got moving but it was hard getting up this morning :#
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks / finish leftover whitefish + ?? for supper / net calories green / NO evening snacking / monitor usual
    4) Evening: brew tea for iced tea jug / boil eggs / put clean laundry away / 1 - 2 to-do's
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 ~ SERIOUSLY / floss / retainers / bed & TV OFF 10:15 ~ SERIOUSLY
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday June 6
    Stay in Green - :)
    2L of Water - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) Went to see a company for business and parked 4 blocks away, didn't have to pay for parking and enjoyed a walk!
    June Challenge - :| I need to stop the late night snacking.
    Do 10 Something's at work - :| Ended up being out of office a lot
    Write in Journal - :)
    Plank Challenge - :) 35.25
    Swim or walk tonight - :) Walked 5K, was going to do a short one but saw new flowers had bloomed in some of the gardens I walk by, then saw some new goslings out walking with their Mom's. I wanted to see what else I would see

JFT - Thursday June 7
    Stay in Green
    2L of Water
    Outside 15 Minutes
    June Challenge
    Do 10 Something's at Work
    Write in Journal
    Plank Challenge
    Swim or Walk tonight

I snack in the evening, I plan for this I leave calories for it. I have had bedtime snacks since I was a child and raised my children having them. I know it's not something I am willing to give up. Last night though, I had my snack I ended my day in MFP I put the "In 5 Weeks" in my notes. I was ready to go to bed when I realized my phone was almost dead. Since my husband leaves for work before me now this is my alarm clock. I had to wait for it to charge before I went to bed. So instead of just watching tv or doing something productive, I for some inexplicable reason, decided at 10 at night to have ice cream! I only had one serving and I had the calories for it, but I couldn't seem to stop myself even as I was scooping. This is what I really need to battle.

Last night the Grands were out for their Wednesday night visit. Michaela is learning new words at a fast and furious rate right now. She has recently learned Piggy, as in her toes and bacon. She oinks and the whole bit. Last night we had homemade subs and hers had bacon on it. She is saying bacon, piggy. Then puts her feet up on the table and says piggy. All of a sudden, she starts holding her fingers up and saying, "Moooo, cow". Rodger and I look at her like she's lost her mind and Jonah pipes up from the other side of the table. "I taught her that, isn't it funny? Her toes are piggy's and her fingers are cows". I love that he tries to encourage her to talk and learn new words.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    My daughter was telling me about this chart last night, so I thought I would share.
    g40vhll452jj.jpg
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Meds AM and PM :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. 2 Waters before 12 - lots of water :)
    4. 10 Squats each bathroom trip :)
    5. Pick up a healthy lunch at grocery store at 10am break :) Birdseye protein blend thai style with a store prepared grilled chicken breast was a delicious healthy "I forgot my lunch" lunch for about $5!
    6. Get dogs nails done :)
    7. Schedule dog daycare for Friday :'( Closed
    8. Make toiletries packing list - pack what you can tonight :) Packed and ready to go! If I forgot something, I can buy or borrow (Have to tell myself this so I dont panic!)
    9. Straighten out living room, declutter dining room table so we come home to a semi clean house :)
    10. Breakfast for dinner :)

Another busy night - managed to get it all done (plus a dog walk!) before 8:30 and into bed by 9! Prioritizing sleep makes a huge difference for me. Need to reduce screen time even more. Today will be a long one - travel in the evening means I need to hydrate - but not too much! I think I'll take some preemptive ibuprofen. Need to make a CVS stop to grab that - any must have travel recommendations or tips much welcome!

JFT Thursday
    1. Meds AM - skip spiro PM
    2. Log all food
    3. Most water in before 3PM
    4. 10 wall push ups each bathroom trip
    5. Healthy choices with a few treats
    6. Take Ibuprofen after lunch
    7. Stop at CVS - bring list
    8. Charge phone fully before leaving
    9. Be kind
    10. Have fun!

HA! I clean house before I leave as well. It gives me great pleasure to come in from vacationing to a clean home..it's like an extended vacation. I even wash my sheets and put fresh towels out. If they would live, I'd even place flowers beside my bed, lol!

I'm not sure if you are flying or driving? I fly just about every month and go on day long or overnight road trips in between. I like my travel pillow...it has memory foam and the back of it is not bulky like the old kind are. The hubs has its own carrying case, as the memory foam can be squashed quite a bit.

If flying, bring an empty water bottle with you and fill it up after you get through security. Water is expensive! More airports have water dispensers for bottles now.

Unless you are PreTSA (lucky dog, if you are) I suggest wearing flip flops, or shoes that come off easily, through security. Very easy on and off. I have been known, in the winter, to keep my regular shoes in my carry on and slip them on when I reach my gate.

Wear compression socks if you are flying or driving. I finally decided to try them and they really do make a difference for me. (Vanity prevents me from wearing them in the summer time though...but if I was traveling overseas or on a longer flight, I'd keep a pair in my bag and put them on when I get on the plane...IF I'm wearing pants...again, that vanity thing)

Bring earbuds and put some music or an audio book on your iphone or pad. It helps squelch the noises from fussy babies.

I like to take audio books with me when I'm driving. they help me get down the road. They are boredom busters which really helps me stay away from unhealthy snacking that, in the past, has served the same purpose.

If driving, take a cooler of portioned veggies, grapes, berries, nuts, even cheese and crackers (I like Sargento ultra thin slices) I have been drinking La Croix sparkling water for awhile now and I find them quite tasty, refreshing, and for me, a good substitute for pop. They don't have the pop taste of course, but they are nice and fizzy and flavorful.

Last month when I flew, I took an insulated lunch bag and packed it with a meal for the hubs and me. It was delicious and so much better and way cheaper than airport food. It still fit in my carry on.

Put all shampoos and liquids in zip loc bags.

Put vitamins and supplements in snack sized zip locs and write on each one the amount needed to take each day. Saves space.

Take a plastic bag for dirty laundry.

If you are going to be swimming the same day you arrive, put swimsuit, ziploc-ed sunscreen, etc. on top or in side pocket so you can park your suitcase, grab the suit, and head out for the water.

If you have access to a gym, take advantage of it!!!

Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean that your eating habits can vacate, too. Be determined to maintain your weight...exercising will help that. Continue to be mindful of every bite. You've worked hard at losing weight...don't lose ground with either pounds or the good habits you've been making!!! (that doesn't mean you can't have foods like ice cream...but have one scoop instead of the pike's peak sundae!!)

HAVE FUN!

Okay, that's all I have off the top of my head.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to post last nite - life has been too busy, so just setting a few goals for today.

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking more water
    3. April challenge -- 8 glasses of water
    4. May challenge - 15 minute walk or something outside
    5. June challenge - mindful eating - especially in the evening. Find alternative snacks and distractions to do
    6. get back on here - be accountable

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @AJB1014 Yes, all those things @toaljasa said :D .
    In addition, it sounds ridiculous but don't take any kind of knife for your food so take food that doesn't need a knife. I had my little knife taken away on my 3rd of 4 flights.
    My meds need to be in their original packaging so no space saving Ziplocs for me. My alternative is to leave all but the doses I need plus 3 or 4 at home. Then i put the smaller bottles inside the bigger ones. I also went to the pharmacy and got extra bottles with labels that will fit inside each other. Plus a printout of all the meds I take, just in case.
    Enjoy your trip.

@MLHC1 You guys are in my thoughts and prayers for your little guy's surgery tomorrow. Hugs all round. <3

@Snowflake1968 It's nice to see you're still out walking. How is your foot doing? Are these worksight trips a new addition to your job?
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Didn't get a chance to post last nite - life has been too busy, so just setting a few goals for today.

But for the past few days, I have been so bitter/angry at how my son's divorce is going. His ex is trying to pretty much clean him out. As I was laying in bed, thinking -- I've got to change my attitude towards all this, because I cannot change the outcome, I started thinking -- What is important in life.! Its not about the money, or who gets the farm. its about being happy. Taking care of those grandsons. Having good health.

SO I have changed my thinking. If my son is happier now, no money in the world can give you that. If he is happy, his health will also improve. If he (and his ex) are happier, it will be better for those boys. So that is what is important. My son has to ability to work, so he can recoup all that he loses in the divorce. So a new attitude will help me in dealing with all this.

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on drinking more water
    3. April challenge -- 8 glasses of water
    4. May challenge - 15 minute walk or something outside
    5. June challenge - mindful eating - especially in the evening. Find alternative snacks and distractions to do
    6. get back on here - be accountable

I think divorce is so unfair to men. I know of some men that are barely eating because their ex'es have to be paid so much. I don't believe in alimony at all except in certain circumstances. My parents for example, my Mom never worked after she was married and had only worked for a few months before they were married. If they had divorced it would have been unrealistic for Dad not to have provided for her. In my marriage, I have worked all of it, so I can provide for myself, I would have expected child support though to help with the raising of the girls.

I'm sorry your son is going through this, I think you have adopted the right attitude though. He is happy and that is more important than material things.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 7 orders from my shop :)
    7. Laundry :)

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Finish 8 orders from my shop
    7. More laundry
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you! :)

@toaljasa Yes, thank you! All great advice - I especially appreciated the pep talk at the end! I started out good so far today - chose a salad instead of a steak and cheese and even skipped the breadstick! Going to stick with my 80/20 rule (80% healthy/20% enjoying); though I may modify to 70/30 for this trip since I wont have too much choice as far as breakfast and lunch go being out on a boat...I'll eat what they give me! And log it of course.

@bcTRAI More good advice! I'll double check my bag before I go because I do carry utensils usually!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    For those who might not know of Corrie, she and her sister, who were from Holland, were sent to a concentration camp for helping hide Jews. Her sister died while inside the camp.

TRUTH:
    89ua0uqjn79q.png
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My daughter was telling me about this chart last night, so I thought I would share.
    g40vhll452jj.jpg

That makes sense. I generally crave fatty salty food and I'm generally always stressed!

Question is, what to do with this information....?

How to make the stress go away...?

Other than getting a new job. Lol.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @AJB1014 Yes, all those things @toaljasa said :D .
    In addition, it sounds ridiculous but don't take any kind of knife for your food so take food that doesn't need a knife. I had my little knife taken away on my 3rd of 4 flights.
    My meds need to be in their original packaging so no space saving Ziplocs for me. My alternative is to leave all but the doses I need plus 3 or 4 at home. Then i put the smaller bottles inside the bigger ones. I also went to the pharmacy and got extra bottles with labels that will fit inside each other. Plus a printout of all the meds I take, just in case.
    Enjoy your trip.

@MLHC1 You guys are in my thoughts and prayers for your little guy's surgery tomorrow. Hugs all round. <3

@Snowflake1968 It's nice to see you're still out walking. How is your foot doing? Are these worksight trips a new addition to your job?

My foot is doing great! My daughter bought me new, proper walking shoes for Mother's Day. Once I got over the blisters they caused it's awesome! Yes, I now have to attempt to do sales. It is really pushing me out of my comfort zone, yesterday was my first foray. Next week the sales guy from Calgary is coming up and I am going to "learn the ropes".
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    g40vhll452jj.jpg

That makes sense. I generally crave fatty salty food and I'm generally always stressed!

Question is, what to do with this information....?

How to make the stress go away...?

Other than getting a new job. Lol.

My daughter craves the salty and soft, she is diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I used to be stressed in my old job. It was awful and probably the cause of at least 20-25 pounds gained. I learned the last few months I was there, that I could only do my best. As long as I knew at the end of the day that I had done everything I could I went home with some peace. There were things always left undone but I refused to stay and work for free anymore. The day that I was dismissed, I celebrated. It pushed me to really look at my life and figure out what was important. Being in job that took up my whole life wasn't it. Maybe you need to look for something different or talk to your management about workload. That much stress isn't good for anyone, no matter the age.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you! :)

Are you going on a cruise??? :smiley:

And you are doing great today! Good for you. You are really making some mindful choices!

You know something that helps me when I am on vacation or am eating at a buffet, or special occasion, etc. First of all, I do try and exercise that morning (even if it's doing aerobics in the motel room for 1/2 hour set to music). Secondly, if I know what the menu is prior to eating, I make my battle plan before I go.

I make my choices and I speak it aloud, or tell someone, and then I go in determined. So, if I want that luscious dessert, I know to pass on the rolls, etc. Then when I sit down to eat I'm not going to get sabotaged.

And the other thing I do is think, "Is this something I can make? Is this something that I have readily available (such as pancakes) that I can pass on today to make room for those melt away rolls?

And thirdly, hopefully lastly (!) Eat half. Maybe there are two desserts that you just can't pass up. Well, take half of each and then toss/give the other portions. Also, I will take a half of something or cut it in half on my plate and move it to another. I tell myself, "If I don't feel satisfied, I can always eat the other half." I'm not saying no, I'm saying, "Hey, let's wait and see."

Okay, really, that's it. No more. I promise. Except...

May you have a trip that is filled with joy as you soak in the experience and peace as your body, mind, and spirit are revived and renewed.
    pna49x9ylkit.png
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    2 minutes to write

Jft quick

>Kitchen closed oral hygiene by 7:30 p.m.
    >Bed by 9:30 p.m.

>Record all foods by 7:45 p.m. record all foods as I go along. Record all foods right after I eat them before I eat anything else.

>Avoid long list of to Do's as these are all in a hierarchy if I get the above things done I like we did all the easier things that is easier for me.

>Thanks everybody for listening and let's hope I can do this I've been getting better at the 7:30 p.m. stuff.
    Those things are major for me.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sorry to read that so many of us are stressed at the moment. This seems like a forum full of people who care deeply about doing the right thing - for their families and in their jobs. I guess like we tell each other with food and fitness - we can’t always be perfect. Maybe going easy on ourselves and taking each day at a time is something to extend beyond diet for all of us?

Sorry for the stream of consciousness but I feel like I had a bit of a June challenge breakthrough today. Got up early as usual but just did NOT want to do my workout. And my weight had spiked up for no apparent reason. Then I managed to forget to put my fitbit on after my shower so had no way to track exercise and steps today.Normally on a day like that I would be angry, frustrated and anxious and give up on the day. But I re-set, drank loads of water, stayed within the lower calorie goal and got in another hot yoga session after work. Feeling v happy.

Thursday goals
    - morning workout. Did hot yoga after work instead (see above) :)
    - April challenge ✅
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - Pay lawyer bill :s
    - Arrange call with F and Mum ✅
    - Phonics interventions ✅
    - Report edits? Half done :|
    - Batch cooking ✅
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - April challenge