Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I eat high cal/ low nutrient foods while NOT in a deficit. ::shrug::
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I had an ice cream sundae for lunch yesterday because it was free in our cafeteria for employee appreciation. No shame in the calorie counting game! CICO works for me!
  • jasondjulian
    jasondjulian Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    OK.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    You're also that friend with diabetes and high cholesterol (according to your profile).

I don't worry overly much about my macros either, and my blood work is perfectly fine. As @sagepeach says, losing weight usually helps with health issues... At least she can control her issues with weight loss.

Hopefully the weight loss will fix the health issues. If it doesn't, then paying attention to nutrients will provide further help :)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    I love "junk" food. Kale needs to be kept as the pretty boarders at buffets, and quinoa looks exactly like what I put in my bird feeders.

I'm the person who has an egg and a slice of toast for breakfast, flaked salmon on greens for dinner, all so I can have a brisket burger & a beer for lunch.

I have also lost 175lbs not eating "clean". Giving up foods I love made me miserable (why every diet I have ever been on failed), I just learn to eat in moderation and find a way to work my treats into my day.

I love you :'(
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I think y’all are my diet soulmates (is that a thing? It should be lol). I try to eat healthier options so I can have a few less healthy snacks!

I read various threads on here how some are so strict, weighing every tiny microgram, at the gym for hours. I don’t eat “clean” lol. I do workout in the mornings - mainly so I can add in my treats or a splurge meal on the weekend :D

I am with you on that. Sorry, but no, I am not about to weigh out 4 slices of cucumber that I put on my taco, that's just ridiculous.

Yep, I figure out the calories in my treat that I want, then hit my treadmill for a little more than the calories in my treats.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I am baffled that people can have "meals" of frappuccino or ice cream or gin and tonics and not be ravenous afterwards. Does this truly fill you up? Or are you ravenous and just deal with it?

Most of the time it’ll sate me... depends on what else I’ve eaten

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh I think y’all are my diet soulmates (is that a thing? It should be lol). I try to eat healthier options so I can have a few less healthy snacks!

I read various threads on here how some are so strict, weighing every tiny microgram, at the gym for hours. I don’t eat “clean” lol. I do workout in the mornings - mainly so I can add in my treats or a splurge meal on the weekend :D

I am with you on that. Sorry, but no, I am not about to weigh out 4 slices of cucumber that I put on my taco, that's just ridiculous.

Yep, I figure out the calories in my treat that I want, then hit my treadmill for a little more than the calories in my treats.

Putting cucumber on a taco? Now that's crazy talk.

Nope, cucumbers on tacos is actually Mexican. Cheddar cheese & lettuce are purely an American thing and would never be found on a taco in Mexico (unless they are catering to foreigners). Also flour tortillas, not Mexican either. I live 5 minutes from the US/Mexico boarder.