I lost 20% of my body weight in 300 days.

Options

Replies

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Seeing “300 days of weight loss” typed out makes me think of this...
    wqijjnnjasg7.jpeg

:D:D:D
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    cherys wrote: »
    You look fabulous - truly stunning. I'm amazed you run barefoot! Is that usual in trail running? In muddy UK that wouldn't be possible, but it looks lovely. And brave!

Barefoot running is a thing here in the UK, not widespread but is a thing :)
    https://www.barefootrunninguk.com/

And I save a small fortune on not buying running shoes! :D but I really do it because it’s just so fun!!!

Did you find you had to toughen up your feet or did they do fine right off? Do you always run soft surfaces?
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    These were exactly the questions I was asking! Thanks!! Think I'm going to give it a run or two and see what happens :)
  • 3DCAKE
    3DCAKE Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. We are the same height and I am 47. I would love to get to 170. I been stuck at 190 a long time. I know its my eating I just need to get my head in the game.I workout weight 5x a week and cardio. I see what I can look like and I am liking it. You might have gave me that boost I need to get this done!
  • onthefitdisc
    onthefitdisc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Get it girl! You are incredible!
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hot mama !!!!
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look great and must feel wonderful. Looking at your "before" pics, I'm betting people told you that you didn't need to lose weight--but the "after" shows the difference and, more importantly, your health is so much better. Thank you for sharing--truly inspiring.
  • mojonah
    mojonah Posts: 92 Member
    Options

What an awesome achievement. Congrats.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Wow...Well written informative and inspiratonal post.. Thank you! You've inspired me to jump on Amazon and buy my first bikini. :) i like how you use the word 'patience' i always use the word 'time' ... they leave that fact of successful weight loss out of the equation. But, It takes time for the body to reduce....and when it takes longer..it gives your skin time to snap back!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Great post and thanks for sharing. You explain it so simple and yet I know the process is hot an easy one. You inspired me today and I am sharing this with all my friends here on MFP.
  • RunsWithBees
    edited June 2018
    Options
    3DCAKE wrote: »
    Thank you for your story. We are the same height and I am 47. I would love to get to 170. I been stuck at 190 a long time. I know its my eating I just need to get my head in the game.I workout weight 5x a week and cardio. I see what I can look like and I am liking it. You might have gave me that boost I need to get this done!

I don’t know what your workout routines are but I can tell you what always broke my plateaus... an 8 mile hike! Seems like every time the scale wouldn’t budge for a few weeks I would go on a long hike that just happened to end up being about 8 miles and a few days later the scale would start moving again. My guess is that such a long distance up and down hills/mountains would completely deplete my glycogen stores and push my body to use its fat stores but I don’t really know for sure. I allow myself to gain 5 lbs over the winter and lose it by summer. I was still needing to lose those last stubborn 2 lbs this year to achieve my goal and I went on an 8 mile hike with my son a couple of weeks ago and guess what? I’m at my summer goal weight now! :D
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Wow...Well written informative and inspiratonal post.. Thank you! You've inspired me to jump on Amazon and buy my first bikini. :) i like how you use the word 'patience' i always use the word 'time' ... they leave that fact of successful weight loss out of the equation. But, It takes time for the body to reduce....and when it takes longer..it gives your skin time to snap back!

It effectively took 2 years for my skin to tighten up and look better. A few years ago I had a small benign tumor removed from the side of my ribcage and the dermatologist explained to me that the scar won’t take it’s final shape for about 2 years. The first year is the healing phase and the second year is the “remodeling phase” when the skin replaces some of the thickened scar tissue with more supple skin. I imagine that something similar is happening with the saggy skin from weight loss. Of course this process has its limitations and genetics play a huge part. I’ve had a child so my tummy will never be flat and I’m ok with that. Also, I’m getting older so I know skin wrinkling is coming my way no matter what I do, so I’m enjoying my skimpy summer outfits while I can B)
  • RunsWithBees
    Options
    Great post and thanks for sharing. You explain it so simple and yet I know the process is hot an easy one. You inspired me today and I am sharing this with all my friends here on MFP.

Thank you so much! <3
  • RunsWithBees
    edited June 2018
    Options
    mkculs wrote: »
    You look great and must feel wonderful. Looking at your "before" pics, I'm betting people told you that you didn't need to lose weight--but the "after" shows the difference and, more importantly, your health is so much better. Thank you for sharing--truly inspiring.

I did have a few people that told me I looked better overweight :o Lol It might be because I’m tall and when I was fat I seemed less-tall or they think looking perpetually pregnant is endearing (?!) But I had to lose weight regardless because my health was going down the drain :# My boyfriend of 8-going-on-9 years was super supportive though! He has been equally loving no matter what size I’ve been <3 and never said a single negative thing during the time I spent obese. He’s literally been with me through thick and thin! :)
  • rsharad86
    rsharad86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    U look great....big hug
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!