June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My week got a little messed up. I should have went out yesterday but didn't realize it until too late.

We saw Solo last night so didn't get home until 940. Tonight we have a baseball game so it will be another late night. I can't get up at 4 if I'm not in bed by 930. 9 is best.

So no running Mon Tues and Wed. I'll get back on track Thurs.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options

June Goals:
    200 running miles.
    IM 70.3 Training

Goals 6/11/18 - 6/17/18:
    Run: 45 miles + Swim and Bike
    TSS > 650

June Running:
    06.01.18 - 8 miles.
    06.02.18 - 11 miles.
    06.03.18 - 6.5 miles. Weekly TSS 497 / Weekly Miles 41.5
    06.04.18 - 9.5 miles. (CT - Swim 900 yds)
    06.05.18 - 7 miles. EZ Right Knee pain.
    06.06.18 - 9 m. (CT - Swim 900 yds)
    06.07.18 - Unplanned Off Day. :(
    06.08.18 - 7.3 miles. Humid.
    06.09.18 - Planned Off Day.
    06.10.19 - 13.2 miles.
    06.11.18 - 3 miles and 1/2 mile swim.

Fall Running Events:
    10.14.18 - Lake Tahoe Marathon
    10.21.18 - Atlantic City Marathon
    11.03.18 - Indianapolis Monumental Marathon
    11.10.18 - Tunnel Hill 50 miler
    12.08.18 - Tucson Marathon

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Does pacing back and forth in a slow elevator because the stupid building you are in LOCKS THE STAIRWELL DOORS count as walking up hill?
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Does pacing back and forth in a slow elevator because the stupid building you are in LOCKS THE STAIRWELL DOORS count as walking up hill?

Um... isn't that a fire hazard?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

Most of the places I've work do this too - you can enter the stairwell on any floor but only exit on the first/ground floor. As I found out when I thought I'd walk from the 14th to 12th floors rather than take an elevator and ended up going down 14 flights in heels.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options

Most of the places I've work do this too - you can enter the stairwell on any floor but only exit on the first/ground floor. As I found out when I thought I'd walk from the 14th to 12th floors rather than take an elevator and ended up going down 14 flights in heels.
    I would have taken my heels off and run down barefoot!
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

I didn't think it was a fire hazard as long as you can exit to the stairwell. Entering one floor from another floor at the building I work at is possible but frowned upon because several different state agencies occupy the same building. Protection of data, etc. are the reason given.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    bride001 wrote: »

I didn't think it was a fire hazard as long as you can exit to the stairwell. Entering one floor from another floor at the building I work at is possible but frowned upon because several different state agencies occupy the same building. Protection of data, etc. are the reason given.

Actually it is s fire hazard in the case the fire is below you. All doors should automatically unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options

Actually it is s fire hazard in the case the fire is below you. All doors should automatically unlock when the fire alarm goes off.

Point. And now that you say that, I remember being told that was supposed to happen during a fire drill once. I understand the other security aspects of it, but I still think it says something about the way we prioritize physical activity that we don't build our buildings in such a way as to encourage more movement.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Point. And now that you say that, I remember being told that was supposed to happen during a fire drill once. I understand the other security aspects of it, but I still think it says something about the way we prioritize physical activity that we don't build our buildings in such a way as to encourage more movement.

I agree. By design our security doors will actually open if you pull on the hard for a fairly short period of time. However, when they open alarms will sound.