Can we talk about what are you struggle with the most?

Options
Hello everyone,
So I'm curious to know what is that one thing everyone struggling with the most on their daily? It can be fitness related, diet related, or just life.
For me, I noticed lately that I wanted to do so much but don't have a lot of time to do it all, example, I want to read more but I am slow reader, so I will listen to audio books instead.
What's your struggle and what's your fix? Lets share and learn/help each other out?

Replies

• TheIronsMan
    TheIronsMan Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating and working out are my Huge struggles. I want to do better I just have a hard time always getting motivated to do it.
  • BosFitlife
    BosFitlife Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    iamjoyce1 wrote: »
    I struggle with impatience. I have to remind myself that weight loss and physical fitness takes time and practice. I'm used to being able to fix things. I try to remind myself at the start of every day that I can see progress in the mirror. I'm down 29 pounds since January but probably have 40-50 more to go. I just say practice, practice, practice.

I think we're our worse enemy at times, that's great progress and it takes time, you're right and at the end you win either way, stick to it and don't give up, it's all up hill from here on out, tough road to get to the top but reward is totally worth it.
  • BosFitlife
    Options
    sdeprinzio wrote: »
    Healthy eating and working out are my Huge struggles. I want to do better I just have a hard time always getting motivated to do it.

I recommend find a friend, family member to be on the journey with you, sometimes we can't motivate ourselves enough we have to ask for help, and keep each other motivated is easier than try to motivate ourselves
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am a slug. I don't cook and hate to clean (but I like a clean house, so it doesn't get too bad). I get regular exercise and will be adding more walking to my daily routines with the park-far-away strategy and a few others, but at home, I have hours where I do nothing but read. I want to lose weight and change my lifestyle to include fixing healthy meals, but I Just. Hate. Cooking. Don't have a strategy yet to change that, but will be exploring what has worked for others.
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Living in a camper right now so can't cook healthy meals.. And motivation to keep walking everyday.. Anyone got good ideas for meals in the microwave?
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Time is always a factor. It seems like by the time I get home from work & have dinner I only have maybe 2hrs to do stuff outside before the sun goes down & the bugs chase me back inside...lol
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    mkculs wrote: »
    I am a slug. I don't cook and hate to clean (but I like a clean house, so it doesn't get too bad). I get regular exercise and will be adding more walking to my daily routines with the park-far-away strategy and a few others, but at home, I have hours where I do nothing but read. I want to lose weight and change my lifestyle to include fixing healthy meals, but I Just. Hate. Cooking. Don't have a strategy yet to change that, but will be exploring what has worked for others.

I don't know if there is a strategy other than "suck it up, buttercup". I'm with you--cooking is The. Worst. I cope by doing meal prep once a week. On Sundays I go to the grocery and come home and make every single home meal and snack I'll eat for the week. Then at least I don't have to think about it for another 7 days. If I don't do that, I just get takeout for the week.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Living in a camper right now so can't cook healthy meals.. And motivation to keep walking everyday.. Anyone got good ideas for meals in the microwave?

I love to cook, but now that it's summer it's too hot to have the oven or stove on so lately I've been making pasta (I prefer red lentil pasta or one made from a vegetable source), mix in either chicken or tuna and a bag of mixed frozen vegetables. Season as desired. I change the seasonings every week. Separate into containers and that's my lunch for the week, but you could do this for dinner as well. It can all be done in the microwave and very versatile.
  • BosFitlife
    Options
    mkculs wrote: »

I read on treadmills or bicycle machines in the gym, I find that's actually a good time to read while listening to some soft music, so if you have access to that, it's great way to get your exercise in, burn some calories while get your reading done. As far as cooking, haha no fix on that, I like to cook so it's not a issue for me, I used to dislike cooking, mainly because I don't know how or what to cook, now I find cooking is actually fun and I simply follow recipes that I found on youtube or facebook.
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Time was a factor until I hit a certain age. I'm 56 now, kid is grown, partner is not demanding on my time, and I have enough for fitness, although not enough for my art work. What I struggle with the most is disciplined eating. I'm good for a string of days, then...
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It used to be working out was a struggle. I liked being lazy. And I would eat really healthy. But then it totally flipped and now I'm in love with working out and being active but shove junk in my mouth :s
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

How bout an Instant Pot?
  • BosFitlife
    Options
    shoofly435 wrote: »

How bout an Instant Pot?

Those are awesome!! also I like air fryer too
  • BosFitlife
    Options
    loe_loe23 wrote: »
    It used to be working out was a struggle. I liked being lazy. And I would eat really healthy. But then it totally flipped and now I'm in love with working out and being active but shove junk in my mouth :s

haha as long as you're happy and not getting over board, nothing wrong with few sweets and goodies in our tummy from time to time.
  • BosFitlife
    Options
    Time was a factor until I hit a certain age. I'm 56 now, kid is grown, partner is not demanding on my time, and I have enough for fitness, although not enough for my art work. What I struggle with the most is disciplined eating. I'm good for a string of days, then...

I believe disciplined eating is over rated! If you keep all things balanced, it should be ok.