JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Call dealership again :) FINALLY all set with an appointment, 2 months later...
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged :) and relogged after some unexpected errands popped up and changed plans
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. Eat within calories :)
    6. 15 Wall push ups every bathroom trip :) I FEEL STRONGER!!! :#
    7. Cook dinner at home :) Another new winning recipe! https://thewoksoflife.com/2016/04/15-minute-lazy-noodles/
    8. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS :) Yaaaay! Need to take B-complex earlier in the evening, too many bathroom trips overnight, maybe it was just too much water but switching it up anyway.

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food :) Prelogged
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    4. Eat within calories - tomorrow is "20" day
    5. 10 Squats every bathroom trip
    6. Pick up spring mix on way home
    7. $ for dog daycare
    8. Work on 365 Days of Happiness - Want to have finished 1 week from today!
    9. Final clean before guests arrive
    10. Pay bills
    11. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS!!!

Is this a planner or vision board type thing?

Its an anniversary gift I do each year. 120 memories, 120 reasons I love you, 120 quotes/lyrics - toss em in a fish bowl and read one each day - or when we love each other but dont like each other so much :p I do a "Moment of Happiness Journal" throughout the year that makes the memories portion a little easier to do.

My son did this for his girl (now wife) one year. He wrote out 365 things that made her great/wonderful/lovely and cut them up and put them in a box for Christmas. Her mom later told me that her daughter read one each day. A relatively simple, certainly inexpensive gesture, that had a big impact.

Those types of gifts mean so much to the recipient. It shows a lot of thought and care went into it. My husband's birthday is in January so of course he rarely gets anything being so close to Christmas, but we try to do something to make him feel special. I remember one year my daughter was probably about 12-13 she took a gift box from Christmas and collected things that reminded her of her Father. She wrote a long letter that explained her reasoning for all of her items. It had a penny in it to show that he was always there supporting her financially, an empty bottle of his cologne and she described being hugged and his smell. I can't remember everything, but there was probably 15 items or so. He treasures that box, it's a massive one for all of the items that is in it, but we'll never get rid of it. She'll have it back someday :)

That is absolutely lovely! I wish I had done that for my dad before he passed. A very thoughtful gift that is now a treasure.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Call dealership again :) FINALLY all set with an appointment, 2 months later...
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged :) and relogged after some unexpected errands popped up and changed plans
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. Eat within calories :)
    6. 15 Wall push ups every bathroom trip :) I FEEL STRONGER!!! :#
    7. Cook dinner at home :) Another new winning recipe! https://thewoksoflife.com/2016/04/15-minute-lazy-noodles/
    8. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS :) Yaaaay! Need to take B-complex earlier in the evening, too many bathroom trips overnight, maybe it was just too much water but switching it up anyway.

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food :) Prelogged
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    4. Eat within calories - tomorrow is "20" day
    5. 10 Squats every bathroom trip
    6. Pick up spring mix on way home
    7. $ for dog daycare
    8. Work on 365 Days of Happiness - Want to have finished 1 week from today!
    9. Final clean before guests arrive
    10. Pay bills
    11. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS!!!

Is this a planner or vision board type thing?

Its an anniversary gift I do each year. 120 memories, 120 reasons I love you, 120 quotes/lyrics - toss em in a fish bowl and read one each day - or when we love each other but dont like each other so much :p I do a "Moment of Happiness Journal" throughout the year that makes the memories portion a little easier to do.

My son did this for his girl (now wife) one year. He wrote out 365 things that made her great/wonderful/lovely and cut them up and put them in a box for Christmas. Her mom later told me that her daughter read one each day. A relatively simple, certainly inexpensive gesture, that had a big impact.

Those types of gifts mean so much to the recipient. It shows a lot of thought and care went into it. My husband's birthday is in January so of course he rarely gets anything being so close to Christmas, but we try to do something to make him feel special. I remember one year my daughter was probably about 12-13 she took a gift box from Christmas and collected things that reminded her of her Father. She wrote a long letter that explained her reasoning for all of her items. It had a penny in it to show that he was always there supporting her financially, an empty bottle of his cologne and she described being hugged and his smell. I can't remember everything, but there was probably 15 items or so. He treasures that box, it's a massive one for all of the items that is in it, but we'll never get rid of it. She'll have it back someday :)

Love this - how sweet! I will keep it in mind to do for my mom one day!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2018
    Better late than never, today. :p

Recap R 6/14 ~ two sleeps before vacation (copying @slittlemeister :wink: )
    1) Walked dog before work / 3.3 mi 57:02 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,484 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 38 floors :smiley:
    3) Trying to eat up leftovers before out of town + still keep net calories green / monitor usual = Net calories & sodium green (YAY), sugar -8, fiber & protein excellent & 12c water :smiley:
    4) Workday: complete testing for 3-4 regs :/ only one completed but started two more / clean up Inbox somewhat :#:p what was I thinking?
    5) Evening: boil eggs :smiley: / go thru clothes in bin :smiley: ~ I got to "shop" in a large bin filled with "too-small" clothes from my favorite aunt ~ she wants bin back at Sat. party ~ now I have couple dozen "new" tops size M & several capris ~ yay! :smiley: / read Sunday ads :smiley: / at least 1-2 to-do's = washed towels :smiley: / refilled birdbaths :smiley: / put away clean dishes in rack :smiley:
    6) UNPLUG 9:00 :neutral: I think so / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :s not even close again ~ 11:00 (walk dog or cross-train if raining F a.m.)

JFT F 6/15 ~ last work day before weekend & vacation ~ happy me & happy hubby! :smiley:
    1) Walked dog before work even though alarm rang annoyingly on time at 5:30 / 3.55 mi 1:01:16 / beat thunderstorms ~ it's been raining buckets since mid-morning / happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers nearly gone + still keep net calories green / monitor usual
    4) Workday be productive: prep name tags & check-in list for 6/26 seminar :smiley: done already / continue testing regs / emails?
    5) Evening: gas in car for Sat. / bank for cash (maybe Sun.) / organize ingredients & equipment to make couscous salad Sat. a.m. / laundry / car pmt check + put with Father's Day card / organize car for tomorrow / start packing for next week, if energy/time
    6) UNPLUG 10:00 / floss / retainers / plan clothes for Sat. / bed & TV off 1030 - 11:00

Sat. hubby & I are heading to my sister's for family combo bday party (70th, 50th, 30th + misc.). I will walk dog (cross-train if still raining) and make couscous salad to bring before leaving 9:30. Total car time = 5.5 hrs ~ ack! No logging of food or drink + no regrets. Next week we leave town for three night getaway ~ woohoo!

Happy Friday all!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    JFT Friday

Eat to the plan - stay green
    Walk 10,000 steps
    64 oz water
    Plan the rest of June
    Contact AP about payment SOP

The last two days have been rough as I took home a work project on Wednesday night that I thought would take me until about 10:00 to finish. I went to bed at 4 in the morning. Ugh. Got almost three hours sleep. I woke up and went to work at 8:30 (I work 9-6) and planned to leave at 6 and go home, take a nap and then go to bed. I did leave work on time - that is not usually an issue in my new job - but I drove into town and interjected myself with my daughter who was in another crisis situation. Not as bad as last fall but way way too much drama. Police were called to make sure the peace was kept. At least no men involved (yay), but interpersonal conflict with a girl she had to tell to move out of her apartment. This time I completely understand the conflict and the tension so I am not stressed out about how it happened. But she and I handle things so very differently. It's not that I don't act like her now that I am old, I never acted as she does. She is very outspoken can can be heartless. I cannot relate.

The awesomeness is that I have been sticking to my calorie counts. Last night I actually had to make myself eat something - which may be the first time ever, definitely the first time in years that I have not wanted to stuff my face in time of stress. I went to Walmart with daughter and bought up all the cleaning supplies and made myself buy a microwave meal. I knew if I did not eat until I got back to my home I wold be ravenous and might make bad choices. Instead it was a chicken/broccoli/alfredo dinner. The condition in the apartment may have been a factor, because until we threw out a few things that the roomie left behind I could not eat in that space.

I am no clean freak, but certain things are just kept up always. Kitchen and bathrooms must be reasonably clean at my house. No dirty dishes overnight; solid bathroom cleaning weekly. (Still can't seem to get the grout looking clean tho.) I love, love, cats. BUT This young woman had brought a cat into the apartment. She did not do the maintenance you have to do with cat litter. The cat had seven kittens. Two of the kittens died due to the conditions they were kept in, in the roommates room. That was the last straw for my daughter. My daughter did all the cleaning. She refused to clean up anything in the kitchen for a while except her own activity and she finally broke down when there were no clean dishes or pots. Now there will be carpet cleaning, the couch may have to be thrown out. The bedroom looks like one of those episodes of hoarders where the people never throw out the trash. It felt like a Jerry Springer show.

I'm old. My kids are out of the house. I thought these were supposed to be the golden years. WTF.

rant over

Grout pen!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @snowflake1968 - belated anniversary wishes!

@junodog1 what drama! You sound like you are doing an amazing job for your daughter. You asked about school holidays - I don’t break up until 20th July! :/ My daughters’ school finishes on 11th which makes me even more sad!

@cschmitz110515 - exciting re your trip! Have a great time!

I had a mixed day today. Made it to my little one’s sports day but it ran late and I had to leave early and she cried so I felt guilty about her and work! Then my plan to go to yoga after work had to be cancelled as the kids changed their after school arrangements and needed picking up. No big deal, but Friday nights are always tough for me and I would have liked to have the destress and exercise. Have eaten slightly more than usual today but also hit over 23000 steps so I think it’s justified!

Friday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Take kids to school and see L sports day ✅
    - Leave ON TIME to be at work by 10:45 ✅ :'(
    - phone dentist ✅
    - update email ✅
    - school trip email :# forgot, but plenty of time
    - April challenge :s my water bottle went missing and so I really have not managed enough. That led me to an awful lot of fruit snacking, which I’ve realised I do when thirsty
    - May challenge ✅
    - June challenge ✅
    - Hot yoga after work :/
    - Wash girls’ hair and get them packed for weekend ✅
    - Rest!

I have forgotten to track my June challenges but so far so good. Definitely more aware of emotional triggers and have put in place some good strategies.

Essay over! Have a fabulous weekend all x
  • Faebert
    @toaljasa thank you for keeping us motivated and inspired! X
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    junodog1 wrote: »
    JFT Friday

Eat to the plan - stay green
    Walk 10,000 steps
    64 oz water
    Plan the rest of June
    Contact AP about payment SOP

The last two days have been rough as I took home a work project on Wednesday night that I thought would take me until about 10:00 to finish. I went to bed at 4 in the morning. Ugh. Got almost three hours sleep. I woke up and went to work at 8:30 (I work 9-6) and planned to leave at 6 and go home, take a nap and then go to bed. I did leave work on time - that is not usually an issue in my new job - but I drove into town and interjected myself with my daughter who was in another crisis situation. Not as bad as last fall but way way too much drama. Police were called to make sure the peace was kept. At least no men involved (yay), but interpersonal conflict with a girl she had to tell to move out of her apartment. This time I completely understand the conflict and the tension so I am not stressed out about how it happened. But she and I handle things so very differently. It's not that I don't act like her now that I am old, I never acted as she does. She is very outspoken can can be heartless. I cannot relate.

The awesomeness is that I have been sticking to my calorie counts. Last night I actually had to make myself eat something - which may be the first time ever, definitely the first time in years that I have not wanted to stuff my face in time of stress. I went to Walmart with daughter and bought up all the cleaning supplies and made myself buy a microwave meal. I knew if I did not eat until I got back to my home I wold be ravenous and might make bad choices. Instead it was a chicken/broccoli/alfredo dinner. The condition in the apartment may have been a factor, because until we threw out a few things that the roomie left behind I could not eat in that space.

I am no clean freak, but certain things are just kept up always. Kitchen and bathrooms must be reasonably clean at my house. No dirty dishes overnight; solid bathroom cleaning weekly. (Still can't seem to get the grout looking clean tho.) I love, love, cats. BUT This young woman had brought a cat into the apartment. She did not do the maintenance you have to do with cat litter. The cat had seven kittens. Two of the kittens died due to the conditions they were kept in, in the roommates room. That was the last straw for my daughter. My daughter did all the cleaning. She refused to clean up anything in the kitchen for a while except her own activity and she finally broke down when there were no clean dishes or pots. Now there will be carpet cleaning, the couch may have to be thrown out. The bedroom looks like one of those episodes of hoarders where the people never throw out the trash. It felt like a Jerry Springer show.

I'm old. My kids are out of the house. I thought these were supposed to be the golden years. WTF.

rant over

I don't know how I missed this earlier, that must be stressful to deal with. I am very blessed that my daughters have not gotten into messes like that that I have had to help deal with. I do have a niece and nephew that have though and I know how much stress it causes my SIL.
    It's good you are there for her, hopefully things remain calm after the cleaning is done.
  • toaljasa
    My goodness @junodog1 You've got the makings of a Monday Night movie or one of those docu-drama shows at least! Wowie zowie, I can't imagine. I really really can't. Okay, it's Friday!!!! Please do something just for you...even if it's a walk in the park to clear your head, or reading a book to escape the real world...something! You are an awesome blossom of a mama. Our kids never quit needing us...but boy howdy you win the prize this week!!!
    ik8dscpom8w2.png
  • toaljasa
    JfT (tomorrow)
    We are away for the weekend...off to a brewfest in the mountains. I don't drink beer so I'm good there calorie wise. But there will be lots of goodies to tempt me. So I'm putting it here:
    Saturday I will not eat sugar. No fabulous fried funnel cakes, no ice cream, none of my homemade cookies, no no nothing. I will limit my breads drastically at the festival, including the homemade pretzels they sell! Exception: I will have wine or cocktail with dinner. I will have a great time because of where I will be and with whom!

And I will be filled with peace and joy!!
  • toaljasa
    Hey, this weekend, let's make wise choices out there---be discerning and determined:
    0jz4am3a9f38.png
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2018
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I was so sad to read this Tracy!!! I am so sorry if your mom was negative. I KNOW @Bex is going to love it!!
    SO please, do not let your mother take away from the joy of sewing. If you saw my early quilts you would see what I mean. I have been quilting now for almost 25 years, so don't ever compare yours to anyone else.

I would love to see it ..... I know it is beautiful!!!! So please, do not do anything different. If you need help with how to finish it, please send me a private email- and I will send you my personal email address, and I will be more than happy in giving you suggestions as to how to finish it off.

@PackerFanInGB Ditto everthing Joan said, hon. Hey maybe we could do some kind of video conference!
  • Faebert
    Realise I forgot to post goals for Saturday/weekend in last night’s post. To be honest, I’m a little anxious about this weekend. I don’t have plans yet (other than a trip to the dentist which I know won’t involve good news).

Feeling reflective this morning as I have my coffee before working out. Tomorrow marks exactly five years since my ex walked out. We had been married six years and together for 10. My daughters were 4 and 2. It was pretty much out of the blue and was one of the most horrific experiences of my life.

Since then, I have gone back to uni and got a post grad degree, qualified as a teacher and am now in a job I love and am good at. I am in the shape of my life, having always felt like a naturally chubby, unathletic person. I work out at least six times a week, have found exercise I love and am good at. I’m blessed with a loving family and good friends. I have a home, I am financially independent. I look after myself, my kids and my home without a partner’s help.

Most important, my two girls are happy and kind and make me so proud.

It is still sometimes hard. It’s hard when my kids tell me they hate going to their dad because they don’t like his girlfriend. It’s hard that all of my friends are still married and are raising their kids in partnership with their husbands. It’s hard trying to stay fit and healthy when every night and some weekends I spend so many hours on my own. I now have a boyfriend but things there are complicated and it’s hard trying to make that work when my children are still young and my absolute priority. It’s hard trying not to worry about the future. Whether my kids will stay relatively unscathed by it all, whether I will remain living alone once they have flown the coop, whether I can continue to afford my life on a teacher’s salary, how to keep managing childcare...

So, JFT/this weekend I think I’m going to plan not to plan. I’m up this morning so I will workout. I”ll go to the dentist. I will stay mindful of the April, May and June challenges. I’ll try and reflect on how far I’ve come rather than what may or may not lie ahead. I will cuddle my girls extra tight when they leave and then return this weekend.

And everything else I will allow to fall where it does.

X
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Faebert wrote: »
    Realise I forgot to post goals for Saturday/weekend in last night’s post. To be honest, I’m a little anxious about this weekend. I don’t have plans yet (other than a trip to the dentist which I know won’t involve good news).

Feeling reflective this morning as I have my coffee before working out. Tomorrow marks exactly five years since my ex walked out. We had been married six years and together for 10. My daughters were 4 and 2. It was pretty much out of the blue and was one of the most horrific experiences of my life.

Since then, I have gone back to uni and got a post grad degree, qualified as a teacher and am now in a job I love and am good at. I am in the shape of my life, having always felt like a naturally chubby, unathletic person. I work out at least six times a week, have found exercise I love and am good at. I’m blessed with a loving family and good friends. I have a home, I am financially independent. I look after myself, my kids and my home without a partner’s help.

Most important, my two girls are happy and kind and make me so proud.

It is still sometimes hard. It’s hard when my kids tell me they hate going to their dad because they don’t like his girlfriend. It’s hard that all of my friends are still married and are raising their kids in partnership with their husbands. It’s hard trying to stay fit and healthy when every night and some weekends I spend so many hours on my own. I now have a boyfriend but things there are complicated and it’s hard trying to make that work when my children are still young and my absolute priority. It’s hard trying not to worry about the future. Whether my kids will stay relatively unscathed by it all, whether I will remain living alone once they have flown the coop, whether I can continue to afford my life on a teacher’s salary, how to keep managing childcare...

So, JFT/this weekend I think I’m going to plan not to plan. I’m up this morning so I will workout. I”ll go to the dentist. I will stay mindful of the April, May and June challenges. I’ll try and reflect on how far I’ve come rather than what may or may not lie ahead. I will cuddle my girls extra tight when they leave and then return this weekend.

And everything else I will allow to fall where it does.

X

The bolded is a testament to you and how you deal with adversity...with strength, competence, and grace. Those same qualities won't make the future flawless (I am the queen of worriers) but will mean that you are well-equipped to handle whatever comes. Have a beautiful weekend honoring yourself and your family.
  • nickssweetheart
    Just for yesterday:
    1) Log all food, keeping calories green :smile:
    2) Hit protein goal :smile:
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water :smile:
    4) Physical therapy appointment and evening physical therapy :astonished:Actually forgot my appointment! Yikes!!
    5) Yoga routine before reading :|Cheated this one by not reading. I actually really enjoy yoga. I don't know why I haven't done it for two days.
    6) No sweets today other than diet soda :)
    7) Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm :)

Just for today:

1) Log all food, keeping calories green
    2) Hit protein goal
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water
    4) Physical therapy morning and evening
    5) Yoga routine (doing this immediately after I post this...no more excuses)
    6) Clean out car (important job interview next week and my car looks like a small family has been living in it)
    7) Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm
  • Faebert
    @nickssweetheart thank you for your lovely words.

Go and do your yoga and get back on here and tell us when you’re done! ;) You are smashing this and will feel amazing when you’ve finished x
  • nickssweetheart
    edited June 2018
    I did it and I feel amazing! Amazing enough that I think I'll tackle the car as soon as the sun comes up and then go to the 9:50 am movie to reward myself...
  • Faebert
    I did it and I feel amazing! Amazing enough that I think I'll tackle the car as soon as the sun comes up and then go to the 9:50 am movie to reward myself...

Love it! Way to go! Enjoy the movie x
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Friday)
    1. Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :/
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green with my sodium :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Saturday)
    1. Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay close to "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green with my sodium
    5. Go visit Dad for Father's Day BBQ
    6. Finish 2 orders from my shop
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Not really posted again, can’t seem to do this consistently, I think I’ve slacked on the whole “JFT” and what it stands for. Like I know I’m posting goals to achieve that day but if I don’t complete them I think “never mind I’ll do it tomorrow” as if the day doesn’t count, but when I do that every day then it’s just a downfall from there!
    Need someone to re-align my perspective on this!

So I will post goals for today, even though the days nearly over.

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green