JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where my goals went or even if I hit any of them. Let's just say that yesterday was a TERRIBLE food day...3 donuts, 4 slices of pizza and 2 beers...Lol

But today will be different!

1. Only a few minutes on MFP! I can spend an hour on here catching up with people and just wasting time! Lol

I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

Yes .... today will be different!!! You are doing so great, so one day will not hurt you. Great job owning up to it! And ..... like @Bex said ...... chatting is good for us LOL!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Sorry - totally off subject, but this is the quilt I just finished! I got quite a arm workout on this one - it measures 124 x 118!! But I love how cheery it will be!

otz07qqf3c17.jpg

That’s beautiful. I love homemade anything. I have several quilts from my grandmother but since she is no longer here. I no longer use them. I’m scared they will get ruined.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    Sorry - totally off subject, but this is the quilt I just finished! I got quite a arm workout on this one - it measures 124 x 118!! But I love how cheery it will be!

otz07qqf3c17.jpg

Wow that’s amazing!
    I wish I knew how to do this!

*whispers* I want ooooone!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 And @joan6630 I totally didnt mean to imply that this board was a waste of time! Lol. I LOVE it here! There's just a lot of things I want to get done! Lol!

So I went consignment shopping today and was definitely pleasantly surprised! I am out of the XL dept and almost out of the L dept!!! I got a couple of things that were M and I'm now and 9/10 pant! I can't believe it! I actually need to go shopping for new work pants! Lol. I bought some pretty new(to me) dresses and a bunch of new(to me as well LOL) work shirts since I was sadly lacking in them. Lol. Some of them are gorgeous! I'm so glad I went. I got 11 things for $70! I can't believe it! Lol.

Got almost nothing done that I wanted to though. Lol. I did run to Walmart and got those things that I needed and paid a few bills so I guess that's okay. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @joan6630 Your quilt is gorgeous! I'll have to take a picture of the one hanging above my bed. Godmommy made it for me as a high school graduation present. I think you and all the quilters here would really like it!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 And @joan6630 I totally didnt mean to imply that this board was a waste of time! Lol. I LOVE it here! There's just a lot of things I want to get done! Lol!

:sweat_smile: I was only joking with you hahaha
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Fantastic colors and your FM stippling is so nice and even! Very impressive my dear. Mine should be on our bed soon as well. I'm aiming for immediately but trying not to damage myself so it should actually be done by April 18.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 I know! Lol. I was just messing with you! Lol. I didnt get nearly as much done as I wanted to. Lol!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

1. Only a few minutes on MFP! I can spend an hour on here catching up with people and just wasting time! Lol :smiley:I did this! Lol. I checked in a few different times but didnt spend an hour each time like I used to. Lol
    2. Log all my food! :#I did but it wasn't pretty. Even with exercise calories, I was still over by 400+
    3. Drink 4 bottles of water :#I think only 1.5 as of 8:47 pm
    4. Pay bills :|Not as many as I would like but hopefully Monday I can pay more.
    5. Make a shopping list :)Forgot trash bags though! Lol
    6. Go shopping :)Was in and out of Walmart in about 5 minutes. Lol
    7. Check out a consignment shop I heard about :)Spent about an hour wandering around. It was glorious!
    8. GYM!!!!! :'(I think I am going to go right when they open tomorrow. I really REALLY need to go. It's been about 2 weeks
    9. Work on new budget if possible :'(Totally forgot. Our finances are so up in the air this month it's going to be hard anyway.
    10. Dinner/Dishes :|Still need to put the rest of dinner away and wash the dishes...
    11. Time with the DH :)Watched a couple of youtube videos on a channel we follow and have spent most of the evening listening to music.
    12. Leave to pick DH up at 330 :)Got there on time but the DH got out late and then we spent 20 minutes outside talking to a friend of ours. Lol

Well, today was a bit of a bust...at least food wise. I'm counting the hour I spent walking around the thrift store as a slow walk. Lol. It's definitely something out of the ordinary for me so I'm gonna call it a win.

I did realize that I have dropped 2 sizes! I used to be a 13/14. I am now a 9/10!! I am about 3lbs away from comfortably fitting into an 8! I'm so excited! Lol. I bought a couple of pretty dresses and some nice work shirts. I'm really happy. I have to go buy some work pants at the store tomorrow though. I only have two pairs that I can wear and I dont like one of the pairs because they wrinkle really easily. So time for new ones!

Okay, onto goals for tomorrow

JFT, 4/8/18

1. Prelog as much as I can/log all my food
    2. 4 bottles of water
    3. Up @ 630/weigh!
    4. Gym by 7
    5. DH up by 830
    6. Church
    7. DH time
    8. Needles
    9. Kohls for work pants(?)
    10. Some meal prep
    11. Dinner/Dishes
    12. DH time
    13. Shut down by 10
    14. Lights out by 11
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water :)
    2. Meditation :)
    3. Cupcakes/muffins :) blueberry muffins and pakoras
    4. Laundry :)
    5. Studio :) closer and closer to getting the quilt completed! Don't get distracted by dreams of new projects!
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Work
    4. Groceries
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Options
    JFT - Saturday April 7
    2L of water
  • mytime6630
    edited April 2018
    Options
    JFT, Sat
    1. log all food :)
    2. think of 3 Tiny Habits to start on Monday - but start today :):)
    These will be my tiny habits this week:
    After I take my morning shower, I will take my vitamin :)
    After I eat breakfast, I will fill up my water bottle :) -- This helped me SO much today!
    After I have my planned evening snack, I will brush and floss my teeth :)
    3. concentrate on drinking water :) I lost count at 9 glasses!!!
    4. keep sugar gms no more than 50 --- 35 gms today!
    5. clean house/laundry :)
    6. start another quilt :s After I cleaned house, I'm trying to think of a new quilt to make. I have SO many scraps, so I am going to do another scrap quilt --- using 1.5" strips. So I spent a good part of the day going through the 4 boxes I have where I saved everything, and cutting these scraps into usable pieces. I did throw out some very tiny pieces .... but enough to make 2 more doggie beds for the humane society. Now, I just can't decide what to start with as for a quilt. I have a lot of little kid fabric ... so I may start on some charity ones to give to the childrens hospital. But ..... I'm going to work on more chemo hats while I am deciding :)

JFT, Sunday
    1. Do the 3 tiny habits
    Tiny Habits:
    After I take my morning shower, I will take my vitamin
    After I eat breakfast, I will fill up my water bottle
    After I have my planned evening snack, I will brush and floss my teeth

2. log all food
    3. go to the gym
    4. work more on fabric -- trying to get organized before I start another project
    5. concentrate on 8+ glasses of water
    6. no more than 50 gms sugar
    7. get back on here .... be accountable.

Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 0 glasses
    Apr 2: 8 glasses
    Apr 3: 4 glasses
    Apr 4: 6 glasses!
    April 5: 7 glasses
    April 6: 6 glasses
    April 7: 9+ glasses --- I lost track!! YAH
  • mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    5. Studio :) closer and closer to getting the quilt completed! Don't get distracted by dreams of new projects!

You sound so like me!! Why is it we can't wait to finish one project so we can start another project!! Hubby tells me I am crazy .... cutting up beautiful fabric into little pieces .... only to sew it all back together. But ... he loves my quilts! Its the best therapy in the world, isn't it!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I did realize that I have dropped 2 sizes! I used to be a 13/14. I am now a 9/10!! I am about 3lbs away from comfortably fitting into an 8! I'm so excited! Lol. I bought a couple of pretty dresses and some nice work shirts. I'm really happy. I have to go buy some work pants at the store tomorrow though. I only have two pairs that I can wear and I dont like one of the pairs because they wrinkle really easily. So time for new ones!

That has to be a wonderful feeling ---- So proud of you!! Great job!!!!
  • Bex953172
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    [

Forgot to post goals for Sat!
    And it’s already 2pm!

But anyway

- 8 glasses :) 9
    - Log everything :( tbh I logged most of it then just couldn’t be bothered
    - Learn more about macro/calorie to make sure I’m doing it right! - need to do this today- I think this is why I didn’t log properly
    - Exercise - no biggie if I can’t, but atleast set up the amazon box - just need to plug it in now, downloaded an app that acts as a remote

Water Challenge
    Apr 1: 6 glasses
    Apr 2: 6 glasses
    Apr 3: 6 glasses
    Apr 4: 8 glasses!
    Apr 5: 3 glasses
    Apr 6: 8 glasses!
    Apr 7: 9 glasses!!

Goals for Sunday:

- 8 glasses
    - Log all food!
    - Just keep house tidy today
    - Maybe walk dog as a family?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Also brought dinner leftovers for single co-worker who struggles at times. Made her happy & made my day! :smiley:

What a really, really nice thing to do! :)
  • PKM0515
    Options

otz07qqf3c17.jpg

This is stunning! You have an amazing talent.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Water Challenge

And it’s already 2pm!

But anyway

- 8 glasses
    - Log everything
    - Learn more about macro/calorie to make sure I’m doing it right!
    - Exercise - no biggie if I can’t, but atleast set up the amazon box

————————

I’m absolutely loving @joan6630 Challenge! Look how well I’m doing!
    This is coming from someone who normally drinks 1-2 cups of water daily.

I was thinking, maybe we should have a challenge every month!
    But something different each time!

I was thinking we could all make suggestions to see which one would be suitable for ALL of us and then choose which one we’ll do ready for May :)

So maybe, perfect logging, or daily 5 fruit/veg or X amount of steps daily (probs not 10000 but maybe 5000?) or even daily positive affirmation?
    I dunno, someone will probs have better ideas but I’m thinking monthly challenges could be a good thing?
    What do you all think?

Great idea, Bex! I'm all about baby steps, so my idea is 10 (or other) minutes of walking (or other) "exercise" daily.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Recap Sat. 4/7
    1) Wash dishes :smiley:
    2) Walk dog... snow on roads (mostly) melted = 3.77 miles 1:02:50 / happy dog & happy me B) / Fitbit 13,953 steps, 250+ steps 9/14 & 27 floors :smiley:
    3) Make sure hubby is ready on time / tax prep appt. to file tax returns = He was ready & I was almost late! :p At least the refund almost covers the taxes due :'(
    4) Call mom & dad on their 62nd wedding anniversary = Had very nice chat <3
    5) Bake Kodiak Cakes power muffins / need to use up bananas postponed to Sunday
    6) Update weekly weigh-in post / not pretty with eating Easter candy & leftovers = Post updated & added spoilers to shorten length but keep info :D
    7) Bed & TV off 10:30 - 11:00 = Huge fail :/

Yesterday, no meal plan and huge fail. :s Hubby and I ate fast food (at place we both love) for late lunch after tax meeting, including fries (sodium!), leftovers for supper, then I binged on peanut M&Ms (sugar!) in evening. ACK!!! Even quit logging food b/c it was so bad. >:) Scale showed me the error of my ways this a.m. Back at it today!

JFT Sunday 4/8
    1) Bible class / church
    2) Meal plan in head / log all food / net calories green
    3) Drink extra water to flush system
    4) Walk dog
    5) Bake Kodiak Cakes power muffins / need to use up bananas
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • Bex953172
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Water Challenge

And it’s already 2pm!

But anyway

- 8 glasses
    - Log everything
    - Learn more about macro/calorie to make sure I’m doing it right!
    - Exercise - no biggie if I can’t, but atleast set up the amazon box

————————

I’m absolutely loving @joan6630 Challenge! Look how well I’m doing!
    This is coming from someone who normally drinks 1-2 cups of water daily.

I was thinking, maybe we should have a challenge every month!
    But something different each time!

I was thinking we could all make suggestions to see which one would be suitable for ALL of us and then choose which one we’ll do ready for May :)

So maybe, perfect logging, or daily 5 fruit/veg or X amount of steps daily (probs not 10000 but maybe 5000?) or even daily positive affirmation?
    I dunno, someone will probs have better ideas but I’m thinking monthly challenges could be a good thing?
    What do you all think?

Great idea, Bex! I'm all about baby steps, so my idea is 10 (or other) minutes of walking (or other) "exercise" daily.

Sounds good! I’m wondering what @joan6630 ideas are!

I think 10 mins is SO achievable!
    And gets us all moving!