Whats the BEST Tea for Weight Loss?

Options
Green Tea? Sage? Peppermint?

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Slimming Teas and Detoxing Teas are a weight loss marketing gimmick. First of all, you have to be 'Toxed' to be detoxed and the body's organs are highly efficient at removing toxins or else we wouldn't be around.
    I'm a tea drinker but I do it for the water. I get weary of plain, tap water.

Weight loss is caused by our food management plan. I call MFP MY POSITIVE FOOD MANAGEMENT PLAN. I eat what I want and move how I choose. It works but I will keep drinking green teas, matchas, calli tea, irish breakfast tea...cold or hot. I make my own fruit infused cold brewed teas for the summer with my infuser container. Any kind of tea will work. No special tea bags are needed. Throw in your tea bags, fruit and water in and put in the fridge. Try it for variety.

59713244128852p?$478$.
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    cegal3 wrote: »
    Technically you could look for a fairly caffeinated one to help your metabolism slightly, but overall, like has been said many times before - none will actively help you.

If you're short any nutrients, you can try to find one that will supplement that. Just don't add sugar / sugar replacement in it.

Why not?

Sugar replacement makes your poop purple.

I heart you.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    cegal3 wrote: »
    Technically you could look for a fairly caffeinated one to help your metabolism slightly, but overall, like has been said many times before - none will actively help you.

If you're short any nutrients, you can try to find one that will supplement that. Just don't add sugar / sugar replacement in it.

Why not?

Sugar replacement makes your poop purple.

HAHAHA! That''s the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    All tea is good for weight loss if you are drinking it instead of eating. Don’t add sugar or honey.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    If you’re replacing juice or soda with tea any tea will help you lose weight because it’s less calories.

I drink a lot of ginger tea in the evenings. Ginger can help inflammation and aid digestion so while the tea itself doesn’t magically make me weigh less it does help me feel better to reach my goals. Sometimes I switch to a licorice root tea too because it’s a near zero calorie option to help with sweet cravings after I’ve eaten my calories for the day.