How to drop from 42 inches Men's Suit Jacket to 40 Inches Suit Jacket in 30 days?

Options

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Oh, and final comment from me. IF your profile picture in any way reflects what you look like today. Just upgrade the jacket already. Probably to a 44.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My first idea was to say, "Eat a lot less, move a lot more, and don't pick up heavy stuff".

However, that's a bad plan. Buy a bigger jacket if you must look good dressed up in 30 days.
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thanks @brneydgrlie I will try and cut starchy foods.
  • d090882
    Options
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate every advice. I can only try & shrink my frame through hard work, cardio, diet and the rest is up to mother nature & genetics.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    OP, do you currently have more body fat than in the photos (if they are photos of you)?
  • d090882
    Options
    They are my pics but from last year when I was lighter and weighed 155 pounds. I went through Lazar Angelov's bodybuilding plan and bulked up to 190 pounds muscle. Now I am trying to cut to fit into my dress shirts & suits. I realised that being big and muscular doesn't help when you are trying to look fashionable/aesthetic and create a silhouette. It requires a certain look with a small waist and tapered shoulders, heavy incline press work, and very strict diet. For example, I have a hard time finding my fit in any H&M like brands as they are meant for people with small frames. So I am trying to lose weight.
  • d090882
    Options
    The 90s era of pumping iron look is over now, its all about proportions and creating a silhouette with outspoken vascularity in a casual look. But for someone who has put real muscle and is trying to trim/tone down - its not an easy thing as diet is the key to a lean look.
  • Candyspun
    edited June 2018
    Options
    And that’s why we shouldn’t give advice based on photos, and why I didn’t, lol!

OP, this week, I lost 2cm from my chest and waist each (which is where I need to lose) and 1cm from hips (I don’t need to lose much there). I lost 100g this week. I’m very short and have tiny bones, so weight loss and gain shows up very quickly in my size. I hope you let us all know how this goes :smile: how tall are you?
  • d090882
    Options
    I'm 178cms
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate every advice. I can only try & shrink my frame through hard work, cardio, diet and the rest is up to mother nature & genetics.

the thing is you cannot change your frame size, you can lose fat ,weight and muscle but you cant change how you are built. like Im a small-medium frame(the way Im built fits into both categories) and nothing I do and no matter how much I lose I wont change that. my hips have almost no fat on them and probably wont get below a 37-38 (inches) I have wide shoulders and always have. there is no changing that either.(evewn when I was 50+ lbs less than I am now I still had big wide hips and shoulders.

and who cares what was considered 90s era and whats fashionable now?to me as long as I look good in my clothing thats all that matters. if I have to get a bigger than normal size so be it. and trying to get slimmer and more tone still requires a deficit and lifting to preserve muscle(unless you are wanting to lose that too?). you cant spot reduce either which sucks. so you may lose it in places you dont want to lose it. what kimny72 said is good advice. get a bigger jacket size who cares what your size is? as long as your clothing fits and you look presentable thats all that matters.

what happens if you lose weight in 30 days and its not from where you want it and you still have to be in a bigger size jacket? what then?
  • d090882
    Options
    Thanks friends, your suggestions are very helpful. I'm going to the mall to buy 2 suits for the event. I will try and let you know. I found that however I gained muscle on a muscle building program, i also gained mass over midsection by doing heavy lifting. Hence now my workouts are more cardio based, and eating low calorie diet with lots of green veggies. When you gain muscle and size, it changes your suit size and need new clothes every year. Now I'm more interested in looking lean & slim in dress shirts & dress pants. Love my lean silhouette as it makes me look sharp in a suit. More cardio for me!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    d090882 wrote: »
    Thanks friends, your suggestions are very helpful. I'm going to the mall to buy 2 suits for the event. I will try and let you know. I found that however I gained muscle on a muscle building program, i also gained mass over midsection by doing heavy lifting. Hence now my workouts are more cardio based, and eating low calorie diet with lots of green veggies. When you gain muscle and size, it changes your suit size and need new clothes every year. Now I'm more interested in looking lean & slim in dress shirts & dress pants. Love my lean silhouette as it makes me look sharp in a suit. More cardio for me!

when you gain muscle you also gain fat. how much fat depends on your surplus. so yeah you can gain fat over your midsection as well.you dont need a low calorie diet(depending on how low it is). all you need is a decent deficit.
  • Candyspun
    Options
    I’m glad to hear you’re getting a second suit in case.
  • d090882
    Options
    I just came home from the mall, went to Burberry and Hugo Boss stores for trying suits besides Myer. I tried a 42-inch shoulder jacket today. It fits well but to get more tapered cut at the waist I got to lose 5 kg weight = 1 inch from waist I guess. My plan is to exercise more, eat less carbs, do more walking, and swimming. A suit tailor told me to try lose 1-2 inches in 2 weeks.
  • d090882
    Options
    2.5 kg = 1 inch reduction
This discussion has been closed.