WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    KJ: Thanks for the barbecue grill input. I think my DH is on the same page as you are. There is one for him to see in the next little town over. The one I saw in the same store was not worth taking to the recycle center. There was a nicer one that I missed looking at, and when he is feeling better we will go. :sunglasses:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs friends!💗
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hr on a machine that is like a ski machine. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Step and Pump DVD.

Exercised, then went to the mall about my glasses. They were able to make new ones. Picked up the outdoor decoration and cutting board Denise gave me, got my hair cut, then picked up my glasses. Need to skim as I have a volunteer appreciation thing at the Green Room tonight. Made my eye doc appointment and appt for my annual physical. Had to get my lock cut off at the gym. Guess that’s what you get when you get a cheap lock. Now I’ll be looking for another one, but it needs to have a thin thing to lock

Allie – yes, you ARE blessed

Mary – you must be so so worried. Sending healing thoughts your way. Update: so glad she wants you at the hotel

Rita – congrats on the great finds. I always love getting a bargain

Dana – I think you’d be totally in your rights to take those boys home early. Explain that you’d be glad to babysit them in their own home

One time when we were camping a skunk in the middle of the night sprayed someone else’s dog and their tent. That night they were in the showers washing down the dog and the next day we saw the tent in the garbage

Need to curl my hair. I didn’t have them blowdry it since it’s so warm I knew it would dry on its own.

Going to post this since I don’t know what time I’ll be getting home tonight

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Our extra time in Seattle was spent in the waiting room at the doctor's office. Jake had three appointments. He got into the first two early then we had lunch in the deli downstairs and now are waiting for the third appointment

:)Katla we had an outdoor grill that traveled with us in our RV but rarely used it. Now we don't have one at all.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ooh watching the good movie, "Chocolat". 👍
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ooh I can do emotes!💗
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Katie - LOVE the bathroom. Absolutely lovely.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Allie – Your turn! Just add a bit of exercise, make a couple of more good food choices each day, and you’ll be back on the MFP new lifestyle wagon before you know it!

Mary – sending thoughts of peace!

Lisa – regarding weird smell, could it be that Egg had some “leftover” from using the litter box caught in her fur and the bits were getting on you?

The gal I’ve been coaching about cookies has had a melt down and the end result was she asked me if she could pay me to make one flavor, I said sure, I wasn’t really surprised, I will be doing the twist on a blondie, it calls for browned butter, and she had asked where she had to go to buy brown food coloring for the butter, so I was pretty sure it was over her head…

Smiles

Kim from N. California

here is the blondie recipe if anyone is interested:

Coffee au lait Blondies

8 tablespoons (1 stick, 4 ounces or 115 grams) unsalted butter
    ¾ cup (143 grams) packed light or dark brown sugar
    1 large egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, or 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
    1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
    6 ounces of white chocolate chips
    2 teaspoons of espresso powder or 1 tablespoon instant coffee (dry)
    ¾ cup toasted walnuts or pecans - optional

Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×8-inch baking pan, or line the bottom and two sides of one with parchment paper, buttering the exposed parts.

Melt butter in a small saucepan; cook it, stirring occasionally, on medium low, until it becomes toasty and browned at the bottom and has an unbelievable aroma. Pour into a medium or large bowl and whisk in sugar until smooth. At this point, it should be cooled to lukewarm, if it’s not, let it sit for a few minutes until it is, then whisk in egg, vanilla, and sea salt. Stir in flour, chips, nuts if using, and coffee powder.

Scrape into prepared pan and smooth with spatula; the batter is thick and will take some nudging. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned at edges but looks a tiny bit under baked. (I always err on the side of caution with baking times — nobody ever complained about a gooey in the middle cookie.) Let blondies cool in pan, or just let them cool in it for 10 minutes, then use the parchment lift and slide them onto a cutting board for final cooling. Cut into 16 or more squares.

Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Yay! My hall bath is finished! Now to save up for the next project.

I love the shelving unit and the standalone table! Where did you find these?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Kkjk
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Allie – Your turn! Just add a bit of exercise, make a couple of more good food choices each day, and you’ll be back on the MFP new lifestyle wagon before you know it!

Mary – sending thoughts of peace!

Lisa – regarding weird smell, could it be that Egg had some “leftover” from using the litter box caught in her fur and the bits were getting on you?

The gal I’ve been coaching about cookies has had a melt down and the end result was she asked me if she could pay me to make one flavor, I said sure, I wasn’t really surprised, I will be doing the twist on a blondie, it calls for browned butter, and she had asked where she had to go to buy brown food coloring for the butter, so I was pretty sure it was over her head…

Smiles

Kim from N. California

here is the blondie recipe if anyone is interested:

Coffee au lait Blondies

8 tablespoons (1 stick, 4 ounces or 115 grams) unsalted butter
    ¾ cup (143 grams) packed light or dark brown sugar
    1 large egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt, or 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
    1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
    6 ounces of white chocolate chips
    2 teaspoons of espresso powder or 1 tablespoon instant coffee (dry)
    ¾ cup toasted walnuts or pecans - optional

Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8×8-inch baking pan, or line the bottom and two sides of one with parchment paper, buttering the exposed parts.

Melt butter in a small saucepan; cook it, stirring occasionally, on medium low, until it becomes toasty and browned at the bottom and has an unbelievable aroma. Pour into a medium or large bowl and whisk in sugar until smooth. At this point, it should be cooled to lukewarm, if it’s not, let it sit for a few minutes until it is, then whisk in egg, vanilla, and sea salt. Stir in flour, chips, nuts if using, and coffee powder.

Scrape into prepared pan and smooth with spatula; the batter is thick and will take some nudging. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned at edges but looks a tiny bit under baked. (I always err on the side of caution with baking times — nobody ever complained about a gooey in the middle cookie.) Let blondies cool in pan, or just let them cool in it for 10 minutes, then use the parchment lift and slide them onto a cutting board for final cooling. Cut into 16 or more squares.

Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.

I am the furthest thing from a baker or cook, but even I know what browned butter is. That made me laugh out loud.