Heather ~ Hope this works out for you!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather - Best of luck!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    Options
    DebCountsAll "aversion to anything requiring grout" ditto big time.
    Lanette, thanks for "The ultimate pet health guide : breakthrough nutrition and integrative care for dogs and cats by Gary Richter." Not yet available through my library system, excellent reveiws on Amazon. Look forward to your review.
    Lisa Oops! Got my L gals mixed up.
    Margaret love the garden art, especially the pollinator mural.
    pip 2285? DANG, gal! Woo HOO!
    Teresa from Troy, reclining stepper, treadmill and yoga? Well done!
    Heather offer accepted on great house in Hove? Eeeeeeeee!!!! Contingencies? Chains? Please tell us EVERYTHING. ;)

Seems like I can't manage to do more than two things a day. Yesterday let the meditation/knee/core exercises slide but did go to T'ai Chi and dog school.
    Today only Line Dancing, watering garden and lunch with new friends, so NO EXCUSES. Getting down on floor NOW!

Enjoy the day lovelies,
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 25/27, meditate 21/27, walk one more step 25/27, knee exercises 21/27, walk Tumble 15/16 times, SWSY 0/8, hang up or purge art 0
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    I’m so busy with grandkids I haven’t posted much. But I have scrolled thru yours.

Tasteiheavn welcome! I started here since March 2017 but took a long break and now since April I’ve gotten back on track. I’ve lost about 35 lbs and 60 more to go!!

We are going to Charlton Campground in the Ouachita National Forest today so the grands can experience swimming in the creek. They have it dammed up and it comes from a natural spring. We’re going early because we are having a heat index of 105f today. Hot! I got the cooler packed!!

Had anyone been watching the college World Series? Our beloved Arkansas Razorbacks are playing against Oregon State. The final game is tonight! Some fantastic baseball ⚾️ players!

Got to get moving.
    Dana in Arkansas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Hhh
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. Well it looks like stormy weather in on our agenda again for today. I hope the College World Series isn’t postponed! I have electricians coming over to fix a couple of ceiling fan remotes soon. My A1C yesterday was 6.3 (down from 7) and my blood pressure was 112/60. I’m starting my Wellbutrin today. UGH. Sick of taking meds. I take more than the national average for “elderly, sick” people.

Tasteofheaven: Yes! Welcome! What can we call you?

Lanette: birds? Oh my. No can do! Maybe birds made from quinoa!

Pip: I agree with Dr.Katie

Barbara and Lanette: I haven’t read that book, but my vet recommended cannabis for Benny Beagle. Apparently it works!

Margaret: lovely pics

Mary: glad DD and DIL are doing better!

Barbie: I’m sure the babies were glad to see you

Michelle: after my June off work, I wonder how I managed to work the rest of the year!

Suebdew: just jump right back in. Preparing for your trip will all get done.

Karen: Glad you had luck with the thunder shirts. I haven’t had luck on 2 dogs with them. But at least the vet will take them back.

KJ: looks like a fun bunch of boys!

Teresa: hi and glad you joined us.

Heather: hooray on the house! Congratulations!

Kylia: you were productive for sure!

Katla: it’s great that you are getting to the end of a big project. That always feels good. I think. I don’t remember :O

Dana: Go OMAHOGS! Omaha has adopted them. That was quite a game last night. One year I will actually venture downtown to see them. It’s really stormy looking right now so I hope the game isn’t postponed.

Mary: yes, will add your DD to our prayer chain. Is it time for a second opinion?

OK it’s beginning to thunder, so the computer is going off now. Enjoy the day. Take care, Meg from soggy Omaha
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ooh looks wonderful Heather! Sending all the positives I can muster! If ya get a big package it is just that... Immediately open and toss contents around you for full benefit! Hugs!!
    love
    Rebecca
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi Sisters, it's 4am here but I am wide awake. Not sure why, but taking the extra time as a bonus! I am heading down to my daughter's house after I feed the animals to stay with them this weekend and run the half-marathon with my son in law. He is only running the 10K as he had an injury and didn't get as much training time as he'd hoped for.

So, the first thing I did on my retirement was go to the doctor for hormone testing. I asked for a saliva test to measure my estrogen and progesterone levels and he refused to do it, saying it wouldn't tell us anything. I argued but he wasn't listening! (Not my regular doctor, a young male) He insisted that a blood test would tell us more, so I agreed to do that because I wanted a blood test anyway to check my testosterone levels. I had to argue for that as well, but I won that arguement. I got the testosterone result yesterday and I'm not really sure what it means. My free testosterone is 7 pmol/l but my SHBG was in the high range at 162 nmol/l. Normal range is supposed to be 20 to 90. This is a hormone that binds with testosterone and other hormones and makes them unavailable in the body, according to Dr. Google. It said on the lab results that a high SHBG can be due to pregnancy, or birth control pills or HRT, none of which apply to me.

I haven't heard from my doctor at all. I got the results directly from the lab as I gave them my email address and signed up for My Health. So now I am wondering 1. Why is SHBG so high? 2. How do I lower it? 3. Am I low in progesterone? 4. Am I estrogen dominant? 5. Do I need supplemental testosterone?

I have emailed another health place that a friend recommended that is out of town and have asked if they will do a saliva test for me and interpret my blood test results as well. Hopefully they will be more helpful than the doctor I saw here.

If anybody has had a similar result, please let me know what treatment you did? Thanks, <3 Wendy
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So eldest son had night check work from 3 pm Tuesday to 8am Wednesday! Then he slept from probably 9:30 am yesterday to 4pm. Up taking a shower, had dinner with us and got in uniform to ride on base at 7:30pm. Worked from last night until I heard the garage door open at 3am. He's such a hard worker! His job is an aviations technician. His hands are always greasy, and he has wounds here and there, arms, legs, face, from working on jets. He probably doesn't notice half of them! I'm going to buy some heavy duty hand soap for his bathroom, and for the "mudroom" bathroom. I
    I told husband its hard worrying about son's again. I mean when we were empty nesters it was easier to text them now and again, and things were alright. Now when he isn't home I worry, like any Mom would. Husband said, "Just stop, he's an adult (almost 30 yrs old)" . Yeah, like I can just turn that off and on! He does have a light on his bike but its riding at 3 in the morning that worries me!I

Pop congrats for the mega high continuous postings!!! You definitely have this logging engrained into your life! Its such an inspiration!

Well my breakfast this morning. What did y'all have?
    Blessings for the day!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island WA

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ~ Cute skirt and I also like your blouse!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Kate UK - I also like your whole outfit -- <3B) And seeing your butterfly!! I see some yellow and black ones around here, swallowtail, but rarely see orange & black monarchs. Looks like the milkweed will be blooming shortly.

Lanette
    Cool & sunny SW WA State