WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Oh Pip~I am so sorry your going through all that... me I have put that stuff in the back of my head... but would love to find a job where I could get bennies and work part time.. only place that would be is in the health care field,,, now i am sure it is tough to hire a 58 yr old.. but dont want the rug pulled out from under me,have to much at stake.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pip - So sorry about the work stress. *kitten*! :#

Lisa - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY☆☆☆☆☆ :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Went big supermarket shopping with DH. Pretty empty because of the heatwave. Hairy Bikers tonight with green beans.

Off now to do my bonus calories while watching Hidden, a Welsh police drama.
    My cancer friend rang just as I was about to do my weights. Will have to get those done as well.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Pip ~ Guess I missed what you were saying about micromanagement. Sorry for the stress. What is micromanagement by the way?
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Going with husband to his military docs appointment today. He has a big toe that is growing inward, so last Monday they dealt with that. He had come home with a boot on, but has just been careful around the house going bare foot. The part they snipped off wasn't really attached anyway he stated. He came home last Monday with a bottle of oxycodin, which he hasn't needed. I have been extra waitress-ly getting and doing for that man!

I have yet to drive around this island. I don't know why I have such fear to. I have yet to venture beyond my safe bubble I've built.

Rebecca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record here on Monday. Scale in downward pattern even though daily weight goes up as much as 5 pounds overnight. I have an app where I log my daily weight and glucose readings called Log Frog cute but very user friendly. I can get reports to give to my doc from there.

Moving to Winslow today. DH is doing fine now. He thinks it was a back spasm yesterday. We will see. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

We also carry a small DH calls ‘satellite ‘ charcoal grill we use on occasion to get that flavor from some foods. My car looks like a homeless person’s living out of it when we get ready to move. Lol.

Gotta get busy!

RV Rita on the road again!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, Lisa! t5525.gif
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,738 Member
    Options
    JanetR - Well done on the weight loss! You inspire me to believe I can take my regained weight off every single time you post.

Heather - All sympathies on starting again on the house search. Hope this time is the right time. So sorry that the news isn't good for your friend. It can't be easy to bear.

The blog posting of the plans afoot for our own home-to-be is, oddly, helping me wait out the closing process. I've pretty much discarded the whole concept of not getting too attached to the house, in case something falls through. If it does, it does. Might as well just be the planner that I am in the meantime, and if it all works out, we'll go into the new (to us) house with a plan of action on getting it to livable fairly quickly.

Assisting the closing effort is the injection of cash from our son, who just paid us back for everything we've sent to him for groceries and rent in the last year, while he and we were working our way toward Arkansas and getting settled here. He lives an hour north of us, in Fayetteville.

Although, like many here, we never give money to anyone as a loan, but as a gift, I'm so proud of him for understanding that he was indebted to us, and for honoring that obligation. I think it's a massive step in his maturation, and an amazing grace note on getting him through his mental struggles in the meantime. He's also sent his uncle double what he sent us, as that uncle got him set up in an apartment in Denver for his abortive attempt to go to culinary school there. A large part of me wanted to say, "No, keep it, use it wisely." But I think, for his own sake, he needed to pay what he construed as a debt to be able to move on to his own next steps unencumbered. Proud doesn't even begin to cover it. He's growing up to be a very good man, and his father is his guiding star in that.

Today's the ninth anniversary of marrying Corey, of mothering the children he brought me, and I feel like the luckiest woman in the known world.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in sunny Arkansas

Happy Anniversary
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all. The funeral yesterday was really nice; lots of people got up and spoke. My friend was very funny and a great practical joker, so the stories were really hilarious. By the time it was over, everyone was laughing instead of crying. Of course the stories abound with theories on how he died. But really, who cares? He was a dear friend.

I had breakfast this morning with another dear friend who is moving away. She has been my “adopted” sister for years and honorary grandmother to my kids. We sat and blabbered for nearly 4 hours! It was fun.

Michele: I am so used to diet soda and sugar-free syrup that now I can’t stand the regular kind!

Mary: sending healing thoughts and prayers for you daughter and DIL. I had C diff once and got septic and when I got to the ER my blood pressure was in the 30s. That is one nasty disease!

DrKatie: sounds like you are at least starting to get on the mend! Your bathroom is beautful~!

Becca: LOVE it!

Lisa: Cat has anal gland issues if no one has told you that yet. They sometimes get filled up with pus and burst. YUK. They smell god-awful. A couple of my cats and one of my dogs had problems with that. The cure seems to be more fiber which is easy for dogs, but I don’t know about cats.

Rori: you looked as beautiful as ever when I saw you! Retirement is good to you!

Matchka: I loved your story. Thank you for sharing.

Peachy: lovely bedroom!

Well ladies I am heading out now to get my blood draw and have an appointment at the diabetic clinic. Stay cool in this heat! Meg from Omaha
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3<3 to all

NYKAREN