June Self-Care Challenge

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia What does it mean "You planted rocket".

I love the snap peas planting you did! Great idea!

Rocket is what Americans call "arugula".

I'm excited about the sugar snap peas. Should be ready in 8-10 weeks.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,016 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »

I love Flow Magazine; your new book sounds very interesting. (Stickers are another favorite thing.)

My self-care today was a trip to the farm market, where I splurged on fresh produce: bing cherries, red plums, squash, endive, mini lettuce, white corn on the cob, Yukon Gold potatoes, and kirby cucumbers. (The cherries were definitely a splurge, but they are perfect.)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :)

@SaraKim17 Yes Flow is my very favorite magazine now!! A treat in so many ways!

Your splurge on fresh produce is true self-care! Yay!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    July 1 - I’m just going to post here in July until we hear back from @twyla77 !

Im going to go prep salads, stir fry veggies, and clean/cut raw veggies for the week ahead right now!!

Also portioning out my unsalted nuts & other foods I eat most days. I began this a couple of weeks ago & I find being able to grab prepped and/or pre-measured foods (carbs especially) definitely helps me to be healthier.

Ate breakfast outdoors again this morning! Had missed it the past few days. It makes SUCH a difference to the rest of my day!

I hope you are all well!
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a king size candy bar because I knew I'd eat both even if it wasn't my intention, so I didn't set myself for failure
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Stopped at the mall and just wandered around Dillard's which I rarely have time to do. Bought some shorts with a gift card, so didn't spend my own money. Was nice just to browse.

@Orphia I see rocket is arugula. I get it :smile:
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 wise idea to ration the nuts and snacks- or else a handful can vary in size based on my hunger :smiley:
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Im going to go prep salads, stir fry veggies, and clean/cut raw veggies for the week ahead right now!!

Also portioning out my unsalted nuts & other foods I eat most days. I began this a couple of weeks ago & I find being able to grab prepped and/or pre-measured foods (carbs especially) definitely helps me to be healthier!

This is what I aspire to do; I'm not quite there yet. ;)

I have a trifecta of self-care today!

1. Did something that has been hanging over my head (such relief!)
    2. Took a walk and embraced the heat and humidity.
    3. Colored in my "Colorful Creations Positively Inspired" coloring book by Jess Volinski. This is a beautiful, inspirational book. Inspirational words/quotes are embedded within flowers, stars, etc. The designs are so pretty, but they are easy to color too. Some of the sayings are: Embrace Change, Just Breathe, and Live Life Full of Joy and Wonder. Currently, I'm coloring "Give Thanks".

• nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I also did my week's lunches yesterday.For the whole family.I was very relaxing.Also made some flap jacks for the first time,and they came out very nice.
    July 1 - I’m just going to post here in July until we hear back from @twyla77 !

Also portioning out my unsalted nuts & other foods I eat most days. I began this a couple of weeks ago & I find being able to grab prepped and/or pre-measured foods (carbs especially) definitely helps me to be healthier.

Ate breakfast outdoors again this morning! Had missed it the past few days. It makes SUCH a difference to the rest of my day!

I hope you are all well!

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Mondays - Thursdays:

Up at 5 am
    1 hour run or walk
    5 minutes handstand practice
    Morning bath
    Walk to/from work
    Walk at lunch
    Catch up with MFP challenge threads and Facebook
    Bed at 7:30 pm

• nelja
    Options
    i am starting to like cooking.Maybe should try some baking also.
    nelja wrote: »
    I also did my week's lunches yesterday.For the whole family.I was very relaxing.Also made some flap jacks for the first time,and they came out very nice.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Too many mosquitoes outside to do my morning routine in the yard, so I've been doing my stretches / callisthenics in the kitchen. My cat is very helpful, he likes to get under my chest when I do push-ups and under my rear when I do squats!

@nelja I'm so glad you're starting to enjoy cooking! For me, I feel so much more connected to my food when I make it. I just like all the different colors and texture and smells of slicing vegetables.
  • nelja
    Options
    Yes me too. I always do all the dinners etc. But most of the times,just because i had to.Now i am starting to try out different things.
    @nelja I'm so glad you're starting to enjoy cooking! I just like all the different colors and texture and smells of slicing vegetables.

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nelja @rheddmobile
    Yes, me too! Cooking is quite fun now, and very creative!
    Last night, I defrosted some healthy broccoli/potato/cheese soup I made a while back for a quick dinner after a long hike. I will be cooking in batches & freezing more often to increase the variety in our meals easily!!

Enjoy!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hello! i am so sorry for the delay in setting up the July challenge, but it’s up now!
    June & July are busy months - i work in the restaurant/bar industry and we have 17 different venues, each doing different events, opening patios, doing off-site catering for festivals & local events events etc, so my schedule is crazy!
    But logging in and reading all of these posts is so awesome! i am making sure to take breathers as often as i can, and i’ll be sure to make up for lost self-care time in August lol!
    See you all over in the July thread!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @twyla77 wow! You are busy!! Sounds like a fun job, though!

TY TY TY!!