The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    It's a hot one in London today. Not complaining though, will be raining soon I'm sure :)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    ELBChamp wrote: »
    Delete

Too late, I saw :D

Welcome

Trying to do this on my phone and didn’t mean to delete everything. Lol. Oh well.

And a name change too ☺

I only use my phone, I find it easiest

I never found it easy to use my phone for this when I had my BlackBerry. Now with the Samsung, it's a bit more do-able, but at my age I still prefer the comfort of a computer and a mouse for most things.

I have a Samsung and its very user friendly.
    I haven't even opened my laptop in probably 2 years, no need the phone does everything even down to banking..
  • dmille2
    dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Duane from Texas. Looking to tighten it up!
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    36 - originally from UK but now live in Dubai. always looking to add new friends. Just had a clear out of inactive friends. daily usage and open diary! add me! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hey everyone. Turning 41 on Saturday and have lost almost 40lbs since December. Now just maintaining and toning.
    About to be divorced after being with the same dude since I was 16, so I’m basically starting my life over. Not only am I working on getting in to better shape, but I’m starting college in the fall to finish a degree I’ve yet to complete from years ago. I have one amazing daughter that just turned 17 and I’m super excited for this new chapter in my life. Looking for friends to chat with and support on our journey so hit me up!

I finished up college later in life and often put personal accomplishment aside for relationships. So, it is easy to relate to your reboot. Best wishes!

If it makes you feel any better, intermittent fasting has given me the energy of a 20 year old - will take that at 44.

• Aderlay
    Aderlay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday fellow middle agers...going to be another beautiful day out- enjoy it!
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    martinkemp wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm 44 and have religiously used this app for the last 6 months. Stood on the scales on 1 Jan 2018 and got a shock. Bad diet (and too much booze) had sleep-walked me to 17st 10lbs. This morning I reached my goal of 12st 7lbs. Couldn't have done it without tracking my food and exercise on myfitnesspal!oy0eklv2vgm8.jpg

Fantastic! Keep up the good work!
  • Deb_bie64
    Deb_bie64 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi! I recently turned 50 and have about 50 pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me!

Hi how do I add?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    martinkemp wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm 44 and have religiously used this app for the last 6 months. Stood on the scales on 1 Jan 2018 and got a shock. Bad diet (and too much booze) had sleep-walked me to 17st 10lbs. This morning I reached my goal of 12st 7lbs. Couldn't have done it without tracking my food and exercise on myfitnesspal!oy0eklv2vgm8.jpg

Hey, way to go. Congrats. That darn booze is the devil isn't it
  • tammytam72
    tammytam72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hey - Im from Maryland. It has been crazy hot the last week and today finally a bit cooler. Im a teacher and do really well in summer with eating and getting enough exercise and then come Sept- I lose momentum.

I work in a factory and my lunch time is only 20 min so I need to have ready to go food. I make a bunch of turkey meatballs, loads of tuna fish and put on lettuce cups. Made ahead Chicken salad I also cut up a bunch of cucumbers so they are ready to go also. Good luck, hope some of this helps you.
  • Laurie463
    Laurie463 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 55. No mistake: I’m definitely middle age but not sad about it. Feel free to add me.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Deb_bie64 wrote: »
    Hi! I recently turned 50 and have about 50 pounds to lose. Please feel free to add me!

Hi how do I add?

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window will open.
    2) Click on the username again. Another window will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button. There is an option to send a message along with the request. It's a good idea to let the person where you saw them or what you have in common.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Brabo_Grip wrote: »
    This morning I Hit my goal for my weight cut! I need to maintain for 6 days until I take off 2.5lbs of water. Then one week from today I climb into the cage for the first (and probably only) time. 😳

Wishing you loads of luck.

Thanks! As long as I don't embarrass my Coach or gym and avoid a trip to the hospital I will consider it a victory whether or not I win or lose.

I haven't checked in since this post. I had to get through fight week and then I have slacked a little this week, after the intensity of a fight camp and fight weekend. I won my MMA debut last weekend at age 43.

First round was down right ugly in the beginning. I got my mind right after some clinch work and hard knees to my opponent. I can out in the second round, took him down, and choked him and got the tap. My opponent hit like a truck and was significantly better striking. I was fortunate that my Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was superior to his. I learned a lot about myself during the entire process. After the birth of my children it was one of the pivotal experiences in my life. Not too long ago, I was almost 100lbs heavier, a two pack a day smoker. Now I hate all forms of tobacco, 100lbs lighter, in the best overall shape of my life and have an amateur win in one of the toughest and most grueling sports there is. What a change...

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,451 Member
    Options
    This morning I Hit my goal for my weight cut! I need to maintain for 6 days until I take off 2.5lbs of water. Then one week from today I climb into the cage for the first (and probably only) time. 😳

Thanks! As long as I don't embarrass my Coach or gym and avoid a trip to the hospital I will consider it a victory whether or not I win or lose.

I haven't checked in since this post. I had to get through fight week and then I have slacked a little this week, after the intensity of a fight camp and fight weekend. I won my MMA debut last weekend at age 43.

First round was down right ugly in the beginning. I got my mind right after some clinch work and hard knees to my opponent. I can out in the second round, took him down, and choked him and got the tap. My opponent hit like a truck and was significantly better striking. I was fortunate that my Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was superior to his. I learned a lot about myself during the entire process. After the birth of my children it was one of the pivotal experiences in my life. Not too long ago, I was almost 100lbs heavier, a two pack a day smoker. Now I hate all forms of tobacco, 100lbs lighter, in the best overall shape of my life and have an amateur win in one of the toughest and most grueling sports there is. What a change...

Well done to you sir, 👍
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options

Well done to you sir, 👍

Thanks!

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options

Bravo! I don't even know you, but still proud of you!
  • infobabe
    infobabe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Starting over in so many ways life begins after 40! Logging food and getting more active again. The weight is affecting my feet the worse. When you pain exceeds your excuses you start to notice. What do you all think about weight lifting? How often and does building muscle help you lose fat better? Muscle weights more than fat. Anyway thought I would say high on here for what it's worth. I want to lose weight I can do "with the effort putting in the work" because I'm worth it. Where do you all get your support and accountability? here?