The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    martinkemp wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm 44 and have religiously used this app for the last 6 months. Stood on the scales on 1 Jan 2018 and got a shock. Bad diet (and too much booze) had sleep-walked me to 17st 10lbs. This morning I reached my goal of 12st 7lbs. Couldn't have done it without tracking my food and exercise on myfitnesspal!oy0eklv2vgm8.jpg

Hey, way to go. Congrats. That darn booze is the devil isn't it

Well done, sir! For those of us on "this side of the pond" - 1 Stone = 14lbs. So, five stone equals 70lbs. Not too bad!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hope you all had a awesome weekend!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! Been a beautiful day here in gorgeous Winston-Salem, North Carolina! 51 and have more energy and strength and stamina than when I was 31. It gets better, folks! It gets way better! But, mindset is a HUGE part of this game called life. Enjoy!
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Brabo_Grip wrote: »
    This morning I Hit my goal for my weight cut! I need to maintain for 6 days until I take off 2.5lbs of water. Then one week from today I climb into the cage for the first (and probably only) time. 😳

Wishing you loads of luck.

Thanks! As long as I don't embarrass my Coach or gym and avoid a trip to the hospital I will consider it a victory whether or not I win or lose.

I haven't checked in since this post. I had to get through fight week and then I have slacked a little this week, after the intensity of a fight camp and fight weekend. I won my MMA debut last weekend at age 43.

First round was down right ugly in the beginning. I got my mind right after some clinch work and hard knees to my opponent. I can out in the second round, took him down, and choked him and got the tap. My opponent hit like a truck and was significantly better striking. I was fortunate that my Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was superior to his. I learned a lot about myself during the entire process. After the birth of my children it was one of the pivotal experiences in my life. Not too long ago, I was almost 100lbs heavier, a two pack a day smoker. Now I hate all forms of tobacco, 100lbs lighter, in the best overall shape of my life and have an amateur win in one of the toughest and most grueling sports there is. What a change...

Bravo! I don't even know you, but still proud of you!

Thanks so much! I really think this is the best group in the MFP Community!

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    This morning I Hit my goal for my weight cut! I need to maintain for 6 days until I take off 2.5lbs of water. Then one week from today I climb into the cage for the first (and probably only) time. 😳

Wishing you loads of luck.

Thanks! As long as I don't embarrass my Coach or gym and avoid a trip to the hospital I will consider it a victory whether or not I win or lose.

I haven't checked in since this post. I had to get through fight week and then I have slacked a little this week, after the intensity of a fight camp and fight weekend. I won my MMA debut last weekend at age 43.

First round was down right ugly in the beginning. I got my mind right after some clinch work and hard knees to my opponent. I can out in the second round, took him down, and choked him and got the tap. My opponent hit like a truck and was significantly better striking. I was fortunate that my Jiu Jitsu and wrestling was superior to his. I learned a lot about myself during the entire process. After the birth of my children it was one of the pivotal experiences in my life. Not too long ago, I was almost 100lbs heavier, a two pack a day smoker. Now I hate all forms of tobacco, 100lbs lighter, in the best overall shape of my life and have an amateur win in one of the toughest and most grueling sports there is. What a change...

Bravo! I don't even know you, but still proud of you!

Thanks so much! I really think this is the best group in the MFP Community!

Not sure how many others have MMA fighters - pro or otherwise! :-) I like to fight, too! Very contact friendly. Welcome aboard! And much respect for the dedication and commitment. What a change indeed!
  • kbent1
    kbent1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    kbent1 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Hello :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I spent the afternoon pushing my mom around the zoo in her wheelchair. A great workout for me and a reminder that I'd you don't use it you lose it. She has a lot of issues because of low muscle tone and condition. Keep your core strong people it's important
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Late check in just hope all you M agers had a good weekend.
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I spent the afternoon pushing my mom around the zoo in her wheelchair. A great workout for me and a reminder that I'd you don't use it you lose it. She has a lot of issues because of low muscle tone and condition. Keep your core strong people it's important

The potential and eventual mental/physical decline due to poor habits motivate me as well. My Mom is paying for her sugar addiction, while I pick up the pieces.

• TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps!! Its a new week..lets make it a great one!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday hoping to have a good week. Get them workouts in . Good luck all you M ager's
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!
  • deercrest
    deercrest Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Traveling for work but still found a gym to grind it out in at 4:30 am. Trying to not let excuses get in the way of my personal progress. After all it comes down to how bad we want it. Have a rockin day.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    deercrest wrote: »
    Traveling for work but still found a gym to grind it out in at 4:30 am. Trying to not let excuses get in the way of my personal progress. After all it comes down to how bad we want it. Have a rockin day.

Excellent attitude
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday beautiful weekend here in the east. Looking forward to getting on track and watching the numbers on the scale go down.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    *yawn*.. night guys.
  • kellykreisher
    kellykreisher Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Can someone add me to the group please or do I not need to do anything but favorite it to appear in my discussions? New to using the groups on MFP...
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Options
    deercrest wrote: »

Yes, sir! As the lovely Miss Jo stated - excellent attitude. It is - for me, at least - all about mindset.

I had a really interesting conversation with a little cutie the other day. She was telling me about one of her other customers (she is a waitress) and she finds him absolutely incredibly interesting. He does meditation in the morning for like two hours. I then added that it is amazing what happens when the mind believes....and we started talking about baseball (I know....talking baseball with a gorgeous young lady....ain't she great?!….no, no - she has a boy friend....and he and I are buddies...so none of that, people!). Which, of course, included a conversation about visualization (I mean, how in the world do we humans hit a 94mph fastball, right?). She said that he talks about that, too!

Anyway, my long-winded point....I am getting there, folks....give me a second, please...I am getting there....is that mindset is everything and visualization is key. See it happen before it happens....you condition your brain - so-to-speak - to do things and when it comes time to actually do it....no problem!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Can someone add me to the group please or do I not need to do anything but favorite it to appear in my discussions? New to using the groups on MFP...

Not sure that this is actually a group, per-se! I don't think that it is like the Low Carb group or the Keto group (of which I am a "member"). I think that this is just a "thread" in one of the sections.

Now, to accomplish what you are trying to do - if I am understanding you correctly - is simple...I think! At the top of this thread there are three symbols - a bell, a star, and a gear!

I think that if you click on the star it will book mark this specific thread. I think that *might* be what you want. I don't think that you want to click the bell....I *believe* that will send an e-mail notification to you each and every time someone adds to the thread (which could become somewhat annoying, depending on your tolerance levels).

Can someone - with experience in this - confirm or refute my "best guess", please?

Thank you!